Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Sold and Learned from it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I sold my Model X to order a Model S P100D. The speed of the S was my motivation. I decided to wait until the end of the year before ordering to see what new options may be available. In the meantime the guy who bought my X was hit after only 1 week of ownership by someone who smashed the entire front end and windshield of my former X. He has now had his X sitting at the repair facility for over 6 weeks and no parts yet from Tesla. WTF! Are you kidding me? Buyers of $100k plus car are not going to accept waiting 2 months to get parts for their cars. I don't care how good a salesman Elon is, it ain't gonna happen! Not only am I NOT going to order a new S but now I question Tesla's viability as a car maker. What will happen when they pull this nonsense on the less sophisticated buyers who don't have a 3rd or 4th car sitting around to drive while their Model 3 is in the shop for 6 weeks waiting for glass or a headlight! As the Sharks say on Shark tank...Sorry Elon, Im out. Very disappointed in Tesla.

I'm a little confused since you have 231 messages so clearly you've been around these parts of the interweb, and a big discussion around these parts is the repair saga of the cars.

In getting parts, and in the cost of the repair.

So I'm not sure how you suddenly realized that because of this single incident that didn't impact you directly.

It's a problem Musk is well aware of, and us owners are painfully aware of.

As to the Model 3 it's an entirely different class of car. I expect that one to have more readily available parts because of the sheer quantity, and it should be cheaper to repair since it doesn't have an aluminum body.

Sounds like you're having upset for breaking up with your girl.... now she's gone and been spoiled by some other person... and you've sworn you'll never love another one like her... you can't forget her.... she was so good ... those doors went all the way up...

Heck... who are you fooling? You need to own an S P100D... now, be like a Shark on shark tank and change your mind and get back into the game not only because you like messing with Mark Cuban but because you can't just can't lie to yourself anymore about how you really do love exhaust notes and loud engines.... :)

...Buyers of $100k plus car are not going to accept waiting 2 months to get parts for their cars...

Quoting the expensive price of Tesla car is off topic.

Whether cheap or expensive, I don't think any owner wants to wait for bodyshop repairs.

However, rich people can certainly afford alternatives such as buying another Tesla while waiting for repairs but poor folks just can't.

.... He has now had his X sitting at the repair facility for over 6 weeks and no parts yet from Tesla. ....

Hopefully he is using the Tesla Bodyshop contact to make sure Tesla is in the loop and they can track part availability plus track the bodyshops procedures as well.

Body Shop Support
For support with your Tesla at a Body Shop, please call 877-798-3752 (press 2, then 4) to speak with a Body Shop Customer Advocate. You can also reach us by email at: [email protected]. Please reference your VIN and which Body Shop you are working with so we can promptly assist.

We demand the highest standards from our Approved Body Shop Network through rigorous training and assessment of all the technicians that will work on your vehicle. Their aluminum welding capability is evaluated to ensure all safety critical welded joints can be guaranteed to meet our OEM specifications along with the adhesive and mechanical jointing technology used in the construction of your Tesla vehicle. The repair of your Roadster is also fully supported by the Approved Body Shop network.

The Tesla Approved Body Shop Network is monitored and supported by Tesla Body Repair Program team personnel, working together to ensure you can continue to enjoy your Tesla vehicle.

So I sold my Model X to order a Model S P100D. The speed of the S was my motivation. I decided to wait until the end of the year before ordering to see what new options may be available. In the meantime the guy who bought my X was hit after only 1 week of ownership by someone who smashed the entire front end and windshield of my former X. He has now had his X sitting at the repair facility for over 6 weeks and no parts yet from Tesla. WTF! Are you kidding me? Buyers of $100k plus car are not going to accept waiting 2 months to get parts for their cars. I don't care how good a salesman Elon is, it ain't gonna happen! Not only am I NOT going to order a new S but now I question Tesla's viability as a car maker. What will happen when they pull this nonsense on the less sophisticated buyers who don't have a 3rd or 4th car sitting around to drive while their Model 3 is in the shop for 6 weeks waiting for glass or a headlight! As the Sharks say on Shark tank...Sorry Elon, Im out. Very disappointed in Tesla.
I feel your pain, but this forum is the wrong place for you to express your negative feelings about Tesla's service quality. They will not agree with you unless they had the similar experience. Tesla is a relatively new company and it is still growing, so it will have many drawbacks when compared to other luxury brands that already in the industry for nearly 100 years. For me, some of the biggest trade-offs of buying a Tesla MX are the below average built quality and bad service experience, but I am still willing to get the MX because I value AP, OTA (who does not like to drive a car that will have something new every other few months and Tesla is the only auto makers can achieve this so far. You need to buy a newer model if you want something new from those legacy auto makers) and FW doors more than those trade-offs (I have a 6 months son and I used the MX as a mini van but the cooler one). I wanted a SUV that will fit all my needs and MX is the best option in the market right now. Will I buy another Tesla? Yes, if AP is still the best in business in the future. No, if other luxury car makers have OTA and the similar technology that is on the same level or better than AP. So think about the trade-offs... if you don't value AP, EV, OTA at all, and you want high performance sedan that has good service, consider the new Porsche Panamera.. English is not my primary language but I hope you can get my point.

I'm a little confused since you have 231 messages so clearly you've been around these parts of the interweb, and a big discussion around these parts is the repair saga of the cars.

In getting parts, and in the cost of the repair.

So I'm not sure how you suddenly realized that because of this single incident that didn't impact you directly.

It's a problem Musk is well aware of, and us owners are painfully aware of.

As to the Model 3 it's an entirely different class of car. I expect that one to have more readily available parts because of the sheer quantity, and it should be cheaper to repair since it doesn't have an aluminum body.
Why would you expect that? Is there any reason to believe parts will be more available for the Model 3 vs their flagship cars? And to clarify I never paid much attention to posts about accidents or parts because it didn't affect me. This was a chilling wakeup call on something I never gave any thought too in the past and certainly affects my decision to get another Tesla.

Im trying to understand your remarks but I can't.
Hitman007 is reasonable to expect a premium experience from a premium car. Obviously he knows that Tesla is working on it. These are not isolated incidents. I have always been an early adopter and am prepared for miss-steps, but Tesla should be past that now. Can't wait for Model 3. I am about 50,000 in line and am good with that.