Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My point was the bully got rep, which I found ironic.

Well, since I've now been called a bully, I feel I have to respond and then I'll (hopefully) let this die. I admit, it's hard to read someone's humor on the internet, but I do have a dry sense of humor and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings (seriously). But, my wife says, "You joke, but some part of you really feels that way." So, what I was making light of, probably needs to be the point.

I'm sure everyone appreciated your contributions early on with discussions about the MX. But it seems like lately, it's the Anxiety Ranger Show starring Anxiety Ranger. You have probably replied to your own comments with links to your other comments/threads more times in 3 months than I have posted in total in my 2 years on this forum. Everyone is excited about the Model X and salivating at any new tidbit we can find, but you've taken it to a level that, personally, I can't take serious any more. It quite honestly is discouraging me from visiting the thread. It's as if you feel a certain ownership of the thread(s) and need to reply to virtually every other person's post. Be a part of the discussion, but don't feel the need to dominate it.

So, that is what prompted my joke. Again--my apologies if you felt that I was trying to bully you. Thought the "nudge" might get the point across.

And, for the record--I'd love to see more jokes from you or anyone. Life's too short.

Either this is very clever photoshop work, or that dash is truly identical to that of the model s. I vote for photoshop cruelty

Considering that the options at the bottom are all 90 kWh battery but include a two wheel drive option (both contrary to past direction on what the X will be,) I'd say it's a fair attempt with PS - no obvious issues in the PS job itself, but not enough editing on the content.
Walter

Well, since I've now been called a bully, I feel I have to respond and then I'll (hopefully) let this die. I admit, it's hard to read someone's humor on the internet, but I do have a dry sense of humor and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings (seriously). But, my wife says, "You joke, but some part of you really feels that way." So, what I was making light of, probably needs to be the point.

FWIW, I had already agreed in a response to NigelM that the particular thread got, unintentionally, an overdose of certain images. It would have been a perfectly fair point to make, though of course it had already been made and responded to in the very same thread.

I'm sure everyone appreciated your contributions early on with discussions about the MX. But it seems like lately, it's the Anxiety Ranger Show starring Anxiety Ranger. You have probably replied to your own comments with links to your other comments/threads more times in 3 months than I have posted in total in my 2 years on this forum. Everyone is excited about the Model X and salivating at any new tidbit we can find, but you've taken it to a level that, personally, I can't take serious any more. It quite honestly is discouraging me from visiting the thread. It's as if you feel a certain ownership of the thread(s) and need to reply to virtually every other person's post. Be a part of the discussion, but don't feel the need to dominate it.

So, that is what prompted my joke. Again--my apologies if you felt that I was trying to bully you. Thought the "nudge" might get the point across.

And, for the record--I'd love to see more jokes from you or anyone. Life's too short.

It is true I have made an effort to build a bit of a database and track record of Model X speculation, but definitely not just about my own. It is just that the Model X site is very low on people actually wanting to research the mules, so sometimes I talk to myself so to speak. I hate threads such as this one after the fact (even though they serve a purpose as a running commentary of course), because finding things and building deeper understanding seems impossible. People just repeat the same talk over and over again, because old conversations are lost in the massive threads. What you see as my own show is merely an attempt to cross-reference and index the Model X story, put some structure into it (my powers are limited since I can't merge own threads, let alone those of others etc.), so that it is easier to return to it later - that is a way to gather information useful in analysis and speculation. Had I the power, I would certainly merge some of the threads I've created over time and put better structure into them. Alas, nowadays not even editing old threads is possible.

In any case, I can see it has become an annoyance and I'll humor you and let it be. I posted my yellow concept in the other thread before reading this message, just to note it was prior art. That said, I find myself a fairly minor poster on TMC in general. Some of the other aliases on this thread gather post count exponentially compared to myself. In the end, I'm active in very, very few topics on this site and definitely not a daily poster like some are. But, definitely the intent has never been to discourage anyone visiting anything.

Considering that the options at the bottom are all 90 kWh battery but include a two wheel drive option (both contrary to past direction on what the X will be,) I'd say it's a fair attempt with PS - no obvious issues in the PS job itself, but not enough editing on the content.
Walter

Um... That and... you know, and the, uh, the uh, car in the middle bottom is, uh, clearly is, is an, uh, S...

People just repeat the same talk over and over again, because old conversations are lost in the massive threads. What you see as my own show is merely an attempt to cross-reference and index the Model X story, put some structure into it (my powers are limited since I can't merge own threads, let alone those of others etc.), so that it is easier to return to it later - that is a way to gather information useful in analysis and speculation. Had I the power, I would certainly merge some of the threads I've created over time and put better structure into them. Alas, nowadays not even editing old threads is possible.

So, is the solution to just promote AnxietyRanger into a Moderator so that he can create and have better control over his own thread/blog??? :confused:
That may keep his analysis work separate from the main threads?

So, is the solution to just promote AnxietyRanger into a Moderator so that he can create and have better control over his own thread/blog??? :confused:
That may keep his analysis work separate from the main threads?

Luckily, I think, the natural solution of Model X unveiling will shortly fix it for all. :) I'm more than willing to humor cgiGuy and just let it be at this point.

In any case, I do get it that TMC is perhaps not the best place to host detailed future Tesla Model analysis. It is not necessarily in the DNA of this place and that is something to consider, where future model discussion has perhaps a more conversational or merely entertainment tone, rather than a research one. A joke is simply appreciated by more people (and by higher people too) here than a leak or a peek is.

Luckily, I think, the natural solution of Model X unveiling will shortly fix it for all. :) I'm more than willing to humor cgiGuy and just let it be at this point.

In any case, I do get it that TMC is perhaps not the best place to host detailed future Tesla Model analysis. It is not necessarily in the DNA of this place and that is something to consider, where future model discussion has perhaps a more conversational or merely entertainment tone, rather than a research one. A joke is simply appreciated by more people (and by higher people too) here than a leak or a peek is.

I'm not sure I agree with you. Perhaps, a slightly different venue might work better (e.g. Blog). Have you considering creating a blog post here at TMC and use that to document a complete "thought", like Nose Cone Variations? I haven't tried it, but you may have more control over the content and have an easier time managing all the information. And others can go there to deep dive into one of your thought-streams.

I'm not sure I agree with you. Perhaps, a slightly different venue might work better (e.g. Blog). Have you considering creating a blog post here at TMC and use that to document a complete "thought", like Nose Cone Variations? I haven't tried it, but you may have more control over the content and have an easier time managing all the information. And others can go there to deep dive into one of your thought-streams.

That would be great AR.. I would love to read it

You are of course right that what I said applies to the TMC forums only. A blog function, of course, could work.

In any case, unlike cgiGuy postulated about my early work being appreciated, I have felt a distinct pushback on TMC forums from the start when it has come to mule analysis and rumor research. It has never been universally liked, for whatever reason. I'm not convinced it is merely a posting style question, but also cultural.

It is - well, common sense - to accept that. :) Now, perhaps a blog would cut some of those issues away, but probably not all of them.

Anyway, enough about me on this thread. Bring on the mules.