Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a referral... :)

At your service...

robinhood.gif

As I think about this offer (and try to push it on topic), I do see something that stands out. The offer is good until October 31st. People with 5 referrals in that timeframe get a Founders X. Does this imply that Founders Xs will be delivering on or after November 1st? Or that they'll continue to offer a Founders Series after they've been delivering Sigs and production cars? Just something to ponder.

I'm looking for a referral... :)

I'd say just pm the lucky forum member you're choosing & they'll happily give you their referral link. That's nice of you to do.

As I think about this offer (and try to push it on topic), I do see something that stands out. The offer is good until October 31st. People with 5 referrals in that timeframe get a Founders X. Does this imply that Founders Xs will be delivering on or after November 1st? Or that they'll continue to offer a Founders Series after they've been delivering Sigs and production cars? Just something to ponder.
Would imagine its a "late" founder one. (The original founders would already have theirs).

I'd say just pm the lucky forum member you're choosing & they'll happily give you their referral link. That's nice of you to do.

From the surrounding text about avoiding cost of sales through stores, I would surmise that anyone who has had a test drive is known to Tesla and would not qualify for the referral $1,000 discount nor for the referrer's $1,000 credit.

Then I am a perfect candidate. I have never been to the Tesla store or did a test Drive with Telsa. There is a company here in Chicago that rents Tesla, so I went through them to see if I would be interested in buying one. I was hooked immediately. Now I am trying to decide. Do I get a Model S or a Model X???

From the surrounding text about avoiding cost of sales through stores, I would surmise that anyone who has had a test drive is known to Tesla and would not qualify for the referral $1,000 discount nor for the referrer's $1,000 credit.

Not necessarily needed to still save money.

For example, businesses that have self-serve options on website save substantial amounts of money. Even though those self-serve options will sometimes fail, or customers will ignore them, they'll still cut down on transactions substantially. A sale or issue that may have taken 60 minutes of manpower before, might only take 20 minutes on average with all customers. A customer who is pre-sold on a Tesla will have a lot fewer questions than educating someone brand new to a Tesla and EV technology in general.

No chance. They would have been upfront about that if that was the case. It would be very un-Tesla.

This presentation that JB gave in May would be the most recent with this slide:

View attachment 88913

Around the 26 minute mark:

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Moving on from is there a CUV sources, does anyone recall a source saying clay model of Model 3 CUV has been seen? Just trying to mop up any confusion with Model X models.

I'm leaning on design studio sightings being Model X and non-CUV design variations of Model 3 so far, that much I gathered from past messages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy smokes! I just became a member. (Not junior member). Sorry, off topic but it took years to get here. Must have been the 100th post. I'm alive, I'm free, I'm so excited. If only I had my MX. I'd drive off into the sunset or something and celebrate. Getting close though.

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Moving on from is there a CUV sources, does anyone recall a source saying clay model of Model 3 CUV has been seen? Just trying to mop up any confusion with Model X models.

I'm leaning on design studio sightings being Model X and non-CUV design variations of Model 3 so far, that much I gathered from past messages.
That can be found here: How Tesla Will Change The World - Wait But Why
The studio, which I described in the last post, is a shiny playroom of art and physics. Von Holzhausen showed me a full-size clay car that was simultaneously testing two different possible designs for the upcoming Model 3 by making the two halves of the model different. He explained how precise everything about car design is and how “a difference of a quarter millimeter can spread itself across the entire car.”

Yes, two different designs in clay of Model 3 - but no mention of one of them being CUV. It can be two designs of the sedan/hatch. No?

Thus me leaning on the CUV clay model part was extrapolated after the fact and may have been confused with Model X clay model by some. Or is there something to support a Model 3 CUV clay model sighting?

Mind you, not questioning the CUV plans, just whether or not there was a clay model seen or whether confused with Model X clay model.

Yes, two different designs in clay of Model 3 - but no mention of one of them being CUV. It can be two designs of the sedan/hatch. No?

Thus me leaning on the CUV clay model part was extrapolated after the fact and may have been confused with Model X clay model by some. Or is there something to support a Model 3 CUV clay model sighting?

Mind you, not questioning the CUV plans, just whether or not there was a clay model seen or whether confused with Model X clay model.

As far as I know, nobody has ever mentioned seeing a clay model of a Gen III CUV (by the way, I'm betting it won't be called the Model 3, that will be just the sedan, nobody gives the CUV version the same name). They very well may not have made one, and the chances of them introducing one before 2020 at the earliest I would deem as remote.

As far as I know, nobody has ever mentioned seeing a clay model of a Gen III CUV (by the way, I'm betting it won't be called the Model 3, that will be just the sedan, nobody gives the CUV version the same name). They very well may not have made one, and the chances of them introducing one before 2020 at the earliest I would deem as remote.

Sounds plausible. Thanks for the post.

OK, lets try not to be so dense about it.

Given all the information (the quote from Wait but Why and the image below)... we can speculate that there is something different about the clay model hiding under the second from right cover!

Given the freaking height difference in this model, one can see how "a CUV and Sedan in one clay model" can be a good speculative guess!
All this being speculation, it means nothing, but you are the king of speculation (and I enjoy your speculative posts) and you have a hard time seeing this as a very plausible possibility?...

attachment.php?attachmentid=88662&d=1438011897.jpg

OK, lets try not to be so dense about it.

Given all the information (the quote from Wait but Why and the image below)... we can speculate that there is something different about the clay model hiding under the second from right cover!

Given the freaking height difference in this model, one can see how "a CUV and Sedan in one clay model" can be a good speculative guess!
All this being speculation, it means nothing, but you are the king of speculation (and I enjoy your speculative posts) and you have a hard time seeing this as a very plausible possibility?...

attachment.php?attachmentid=88662&d=1438011897.jpg

No need to be angry. I had not seen that image, as simple as that.

It is perfectly plausible, then again it could also be about the more conservative vs. more futuristic designs. That is a good image and good to see Model X separated from the pack and talk, since that is too often confused with Model 3 in speculation.

My question was: Had someone actually called it CUV clay model who had seen it? It is OK to speculate of course, I was trying to separate Model X clay model from the talk - where it was earlier in this thread.

No need to be angry. I had not seen that image, as simple as that.

It is perfectly plausible, then again it could also be about the more conservative vs. more futuristic designs. That is a good image and good to see Model X separated from the pack and talk, since that is too often confused with Model 3 in speculation.

My question was: Had someone actually called it CUV clay model who had seen it? It is OK to speculate of course, I was trying to separate Model X clay model from the talk - where it was earlier in this thread.

Some mod probably could help with moving many of the posts related to Model 3 CUV into the other thread NigelM mentioned...because we're getting far off-topic... and I also think it would be worth it just to read the thread one is replying to like five times a day. That would facilitate a readable and non-frustrating discussion in which we don't repeat the same arguments in circles. Thus let's continue in that fashion over here.