Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X LR Rear hatch alignment issue, refused delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DFWM3

Plaid Red/white+black wood21 no FSD RN115 del 9/23
Jun 30, 2018
Texas
My son went to pick up his Model X LR today and noticed a large gap involving the rear hatch. He asked for a technician to review it and he immdeathly stated it was out of tolerances. It was so obvious that it begs the question, did anyone look at the car at the delivery center? When measured it was 8mm and spec is 2mm. He said there were severeal Model X’s in the delivery queue that had a similar issue. He is going back on Wednesday after they have attempted do alignment and decide whether to reject or not. Tech said this is rare and not quite sure how to do it.

Lol, Tesla Delivery's standard response to most issue is that it's within spec. Same issue with the first MXP I was assigned. Large gap where the A-pillar comes down to meet the hood/quarter panel/door. Was told it was within spec. Then was told that gaps are there for the expansion of metal when it gets hot. I had to laugh and nicely told the guy thanks but no thanks.

Reactions: cwerdna