Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X in Canada - Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla pricing policy is in line with the Model S, my price should be fixed upon ordering. If one looks @ past posts in the Tesla S section, once your order is in, no price increases or currency changes were made. Since Tesla does not confirm my order until January 4th. 2016, it is possible, although unlikely, that my purchase price may change in the next week. Crossing my fingers.
Am I a happy camper!!!

Last edited:
Got my invite to configure today. Model X Sig coming to Vancouver!

ModelXdesign.jpg

My price was converted @ $1.23!! That is wonderful!! My final price is $178,450 Cdn. ($144,750 US) +13% HST -$8,500 Ontario incentive. I had anticipated a conversion rate of $1.37.:love:
Congrats, great news that the final Sig Canadian Pricing wasn't exchanged at a higher rate! Very wonderful indeed for buyers.

I guess you picked a fully loaded too. What I was going to config comes out the same:

ItemPrice CAD$
Sig P90D163,300
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade12,100
SubZero Weather Package1,000
Tow Package750
Dest/Doc Fees1,300
Total178,450

Congrats, great news that the final Sig Canadian Pricing wasn't exchanged at a higher rate! Very wonderful indeed for buyers.

I guess you picked a fully loaded too. What I was going to config comes out the same:

ItemPrice CAD$
Sig P90D163,300
Ludicrous Speed Upgrade12,100
SubZero Weather Package1,000
Tow Package750
Dest/Doc Fees1,300
Total178,450

@Paul The price of subzero and towing package is no different from the US price..is that right?

Sig #3 Canada invited to configure today. Since there is no change in the 2nd row seats being foldable, l'm not ordering. I may try to wait it out.

7 passengers with the ability to fold is a must for me, otherwise it's not what I had in mind of for an ultimate all in one vehicle.

Will post pricing later when I return from the holidays with the family later tonight. But base Sig P90D is $ 163,300 + 1,300 doc fee.

This makes me so sad. Why didn't they realize that people want folding seats on an SUV?

Does anyone know how many sigs there are in Canada? I am P15. Had trouble sleeping last night in anticipation. I suspect it will be a few more weeks before I get the invitation though...

To the best of my knowledge there are only 50 Sig X vehicles allocated to Canada. I was on the Canadian Sig X waiting list & am probably one of the last, if not THE last, Canadian to be upgraded. I was given reservation #71 & since there are only 50 allocated, I must assume that Tesla had 21 Cdn Sig X cancellations before I was given my reservation number. Excuse me? YOU had trouble sleeping? What about poor ME? I now have to wait for a production date & a delivery date. Both dates "coming soon".

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many sigs there are in Canada? I am P15. Had trouble sleeping last night in anticipation. I suspect it will be a few more weeks before I get the invitation though...
Brianvicars is right sig71 was the last one and the last reported non sig Canada is P1363, some one has mentioned that in worldwide reservation nicely tabulated.
My guess is that the next to be invited will be Europe sig and our non sig.

I only had to refresh 21,093 times on Monday, December 28th. before I was invited to configure 9 minutes after the Tesla invitation email was received. I am sure I am the record holder to date. I suggest you start refreshing @ midnight next Sunday.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -