Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X brake pad life

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 120,000km on the original set of pads (2016 Model X) I am starting to wonder how long they actually last. I know brake pad life depends on how you drive, but as someone who replaces the pads on other cars quite regularly and drives the X pretty hard, it is a continual source of amazement that the original pads are still going. Its too much effort to take a wheel off to check, I was just interested in what km range others have replaced pads in their X.

After 120,000km on the original set of pads (2016 Model X) I am starting to wonder how long they actually last. I know brake pad life depends on how you drive, but as someone who replaces the pads on other cars quite regularly and drives the X pretty hard, it is a continual source of amazement that the original pads are still going. Its too much effort to take a wheel off to check, I was just interested in what km range others have replaced pads in their X.
As others have pointed out the pads themselves could last well past the life of a complete ICE vehicle, that’s not to say you won’t have issues with the park brake callipers or the disc rotors.

Reactions: mrpseudonym