Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X at the Toronto Auto Show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Test Drive?!? I got the Auto Show notification, but nothing about Test Drives.

looks like the test drive model are indeed here in Canada. spoke to Tesla this morning and was told that in the coming days reservation holders will get an email with the option for them to come in for a test drive. Currently waiting on my Model S in April but if anyone needs company for a test drive my hand is up high in the air.

I don't get it. This next report was tweeted by the National and is total hyperbole. Same reporter and totally negative on EV's and Tesla.

The National on Twitter:

Agree Fraser, the reporter is a total knob.

You know what has been fascinating about articles like this?... they all preach gloom and doom about EVS due to the low price of gas...but none of them, these so called "industry analysts", even mention the choke hold that the new CAFE standards are going to place on the ICE manufacturers...I wonder why?

Well I don't see any ropes around the Model X in that CBC video. Can anyone confirm that they are letting the public sit in it at the show?
Certainly last night we could. We'll have to see when open to the public.
image.jpeg

Volunteered at the Tesla booth last night and it was packed! Clearly Tesla stole 90% of the visitors to the exotic car floor. Spoke to many an aspiring Tesla owner and was delighted to note just how many folks are gearing up and super excited for the $1k deposit on the model 3. Bodes very well for the EV industry as a whole as I truly believe Tesla's strategy of introducing the high end model S first with exotic like features and performance, only stoked the desires of the mass market for the 50k vehicle. I had many asking if they could place their deposit on model 3 immediately...and of course 1-2 for model S.

Model X...my personal opinion last night: Online videos/ pictures dont do it justice and initially just prior to last night, I wasn't too excited by the BMW X6 style of design. I came to the exhibit expecting not to be 'wow'd' by the X. What happened? WOW. I will say the machine looks like 200k, looks about 1.5x the size of a model S, features wise is a notch up, styling wise absolutely beautiful inside and out. Interior was a top fit and and finish...one could say like a model S taking into account user and customer feedback. Ie. 8 cup holders as opposed to 2, refined dash, coat hangers, more dome lights, auto door functions etc. The gull wing doors were impressive (albeit unnecessary as sliding minivan doors would have done the trick for 10" spacing from another car lol). Also, one could theoretically get hit with it as it knocked a few of us on its way open. Odd as perhaps the sensors weren't working well? I could also envision many a young kid hanging onto the edge trying to make the door lift them off the ground. More impressive was the front doors opening automatically by touch or as one approaches with the key fob (programable). Again the door closed itself albeit so fast that it was akin to someone slamming the car door. Perhaps another adjustment before someones leg gets axed off. Conclusion: It's as though Tesla finally took a model S , beefed it up on steroids, gave it a more aggressive stance, and created a high end exotic beast. Not for everyone but a beauty to view! I encourage folks to go check it out!

Well I am in the industry. Good night for networking, socializing, rewarding my team and checking out the new iron.

Well I don't see any ropes around the Model X in that CBC video. Can anyone confirm that they are letting the public sit in it at the show?
Apparently it is cordoned off. If you have a reservation they will let you have a closer look.

- - - Updated - - -

@Navsarin, Any mention of the price tag in CAD?
They will not discuss pricing at the show.
I have configured my Sig X. I think the production X will be very close to what Elon said some time ago.
Model S pricing +$5000
They are threads here with the US pricing and expected CDN with the conversion.

Correct. It is roped off and only for signature reservation owners to peruse through. They estimate roughly 1-2 months to receive showroom models. Pricing was not discussed however some of the sales staff were hinting at 150k USD all packed up.

Apparently it is cordoned off. If you have a reservation they will let you have a closer look.

- - - Updated - - -

They will not discuss pricing at the show.
I have configured my Sig X. I think the production X will be very close to what Elon said some time ago.
Model S pricing +$5000
They are threads here with the US pricing and expected CDN with the conversion.

Is this right?

Tesla's long-awaited uber-SUV was a no-show at the Detroit show, and now the production version is making its global debut in Toronto! But you'll have to pick your days if you want to see it. The seven-seater all-electric SUV with a claimed range of 400 kilometres will only be at the show (in the Auto Exotica display) on February 12, 13, and 21.

http://www.motortrend.ca/en/enthusi...oduction-car-debuts-at-the-toronto-auto-show/

Is this right?

Tesla's long-awaited uber-SUV was a no-show at the Detroit show, and now the production version is making its global debut in Toronto! But you'll have to pick your days if you want to see it. The seven-seater all-electric SUV with a claimed range of 400 kilometres will only be at the show (in the Auto Exotica display) on February 12, 13, and 21.

http://www.motortrend.ca/en/enthusi...oduction-car-debuts-at-the-toronto-auto-show/
We were on a conference call to discuss our club's involvement. There was no mention of it only being there on certain days.