Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone...

I've been lurking for a while...never really post anything.

So let me say this...I'm not new to ordering a car and waiting and waiting and watiting. Invariably, something always delays the vehicle. I waited for my previous Audi RS5 after ordering...and I waited for my Charger Hellcat. It was hell...until I could finally drive the vehicle.

That being said...I don't understand something...and maybe someone can shed light on this. My good friend and I both ordered Model Xs. I pushed him and convinced him of how great the company and their product is.

I confirmed my vehicle in January...he did a FULL MONTH LATER.

Guess who took delivery yesterday?....yet I'm sitting here...and know nothing of my vehicle. The stupid mytesla website still says late april/may...but his website still said that SAME THING as they were still driving to pick up their x! obviously that's a useless estimate.

My DS as of last week says he sees nothing. Not in production...nothing.

There are only a few difference between our vehicles. I ordered the 22" rims and upgraded sound. That's it. He lives in Oregon and i live in Florida. while I understand delivery times will differ because of transportation times...how is it that he got his delivered and I'm sitting here with an order that apparently hasn't even gone into production?

So frustrating....any ideas?

Leodoc welcome to the club! As far as I've been told by my Dania beach DS very few deliveries have been made in Florida so far and from what three different people related to me, none were 90D. If you're waiting on a P90D well take heart in knowing that we heard from Tesla CA yesterday saying that a truck loaded with ours and a few other X's was headed south......finally. Still I'm not holding my breath. The truck is estimated to arrive at Dania's service center Saturday and because of QC they'll be kept a minimum of five days so we're looking at April 30th earliest. Perhaps your X is on that truck. Unfortunately communication is not Tesla's forté. But hey, they make a helluva great car so....
In all seriousness maybe your car is on the truck, they called everyone whose car was on it yesterday supposedly (cause that's why the tesla rep said he was calling). If you didn't receive a call by all means call and see if you can at least get a loose timeline.

Last edited:
well just got an email that my car is not going ready to be delivered tomorrow....."they need to complete a few items that were not finish prior to shipment..... parts will take like a week." more waiting, more disappointment. Tesla PLEASE get your act together ASAP!!!!

"As far as I've been told by my Dania beach DS very few deliveries have been made in Florida so far"

I wonder that in addition to prioritizing P production and maximizing Q1 revenue this is a tactic by Tesla to roll out vehicles West to East (similar to their publicized 3 approach). Therefore, SC's get up to speed faster and factory/engineers can get info in real time/same time zone.

btw: earlier posts suggested a 5-day production time & 5-day QC by SC.....sure seems like a long time for a mostly automated production line + a 3,000+ delivered product (SC time). To the Auto Industry Experts: Does time to produce the vehicle seem right?

Congrats!!!!!

Very happy to hear car was visually perfect. May I ask, did you use the checklist and find it useful when interacting with factory?
I brought it, but never referred to it. Partly because I remembered most of the items and partly because I was too excited. We really focused on cosmetic issues feeling that any mechanical issues could be dealt with at the local service center.

"As far as I've been told by my Dania beach DS very few deliveries have been made in Florida so far"

I wonder that in addition to prioritizing P production and maximizing Q1 revenue this is a tactic by Tesla to roll out vehicles West to East (similar to their publicized 3 approach). Therefore, SC's get up to speed faster and factory/engineers can get info in real time/same time zone.

btw: earlier posts suggested a 5-day production time & 5-day QC by SC.....sure seems like a long time for a mostly automated production line + a 3,000+ delivered product (SC time). To the Auto Industry Experts: Does time to produce the vehicle seem right?

I keep telling myself that.....that there is some sort of plan. Some rhyme or reason why VIN numbers meant nothing and reservation dates meant even less. I haven't been following the model 3 hype so no idea that's how they were planning to roll them out. Although I'm not sure the plan is working. I do know of someone who took delivery of a P90D two weeks ago here in FL and had to give it right back for a week for issues. And judging from some of the posts on this forum several cars seem to be coming off the line with QC issues. So did rolling out from west to east really help?

Most likely won't be an April delivery but I'll post here anyway. Order confirmed 4/16. VIN issued today. Details in Signature.

My DES also reached out today (Marshall in Seattle) to tell me production is slated for end of May. Looking like mid June delivery. I'm holding out hope those are overly pessimistic, but know it could go either way. Seems to me like some 90D's have been sooner rather than later with my configuration. We shall see.

Cheers!

Leodoc welcome to the club! As far as I've been told by my Dania beach DS very few deliveries have been made in Florida so far and from what three different people related to me, none were 90D. If you're waiting on a P90D well take heart in knowing that we heard from Tesla CA yesterday saying that a truck loaded with ours and a few other X's was headed south......finally. Still I'm not holding my breath. The truck is estimated to arrive at Dania's service center Saturday and because of QC they'll be kept a minimum of five days so we're looking at April 30th earliest. Perhaps your X is on that truck. Unfortunately communication is not Tesla's forté. But hey, they make a helluva great car so....
In all seriousness maybe your car is on the truck, they called everyone whose car was on it yesterday supposedly (cause that's why the tesla rep said he was calling). If you didn't receive a call by all means call and see if you can at least get a loose timeline.
Don't know...

I hope you're right. I met the DS when I put my deposit down for the model 3. He told me they were delivering 2-3 MX per day at that time! In fact, they had 4 on the lot when I was there. This is the west Palm location. Don't know how they're doing things in Dania...

Still...communication is frustrating. You'd think with a company this technologically advanced, they'd have a better system to keep us apprised to the process of our 6 figure vehicle!

Today was Tesla Tuesday here. I took delivery of "Nighthawk" this morning. The DS here in Atlanta did a great job. I arrived a little early, and the car was still be cleaned. Finally, they came a got us from the customer lounge. The X was in the delivery area, awaiting our final the paper work. All signed and transfer the funds and we went through all the operations and apps. Found nothing wrong with the X... all the paint was perfect, the alignments were great, and everything function well. On the drive home, it gave me a "cruise control not currently available". I think something was adjusting, and it returned to normal for Cruise and Auto Pilot in the trip to visit friends. I back my SUV into the single garage with a 96 inch (8 foot door). I was amazed how much tighter getting the x in compared to my Audi Q7. The X is definitely wider, and the mirrors clear by 2 inches on each side..... slow is the rule.... not sure I am willing to try "summon" in or out just yet. I may just need practice. BTW, the FWD open easily and made needed adjustments inside the Garage to manage the close wall on the driver's side as did the driver's door.

The X drove fantastically! Coming from the SC I merged onto a highway and accelerated to gain space from a fast approaching Camaro. To my surprise, the X zoomed.... I think the tires squealed as the P90D shot forward was quickly distancing itself from the Camaro and gaining on the traffic ahead. Later, I used Auto Pilot successfully.... I had to make an adjustment after realizing the 10 miles over the speed limit setting was not an alarm, but a setting! So if the road was 65MPH, the X tried to get to 75MPH as fast as possible. I was not ready for that, and moved back to "0" deviation.

OK. @K-MTG ... I didn't get a sun shade.... nor do I think I will need one. It was 90 here today -- YEA -- and I could look up directly at the sun and felt no discomfort without the mesh.

I took pictures when I got home. Hope all enjoy Night Hawk" as much as I have so far -- Midnight Silver, 22" Black Onyx Rims, Black Seats and Headliner -- P90D.

Attachments

• Nighthawk Seats.jpg
    Nighthawk Seats.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Nighthawk In Garage.jpg
    Nighthawk In Garage.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 132
  • Nighthawk Wings.jpg
    Nighthawk Wings.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 132
  • Nighthawk 1Wing.jpg
    Nighthawk 1Wing.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Nighthawk Side.jpg
    Nighthawk Side.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 129
Don't know...

I hope you're right. I met the DS when I put my deposit down for the model 3. He told me they were delivering 2-3 MX per day at that time! In fact, they had 4 on the lot when I was there. This is the west Palm location. Don't know how they're doing things in Dania...

Still...communication is frustrating. You'd think with a company this technologically advanced, they'd have a better system to keep us apprised to the process of our 6 figure vehicle!

I can't say that Dania has seen that many X's. I know of two that were delivered in late January/early February. And then trickling from there on out. In fact during my invitation to drive in March (27th) two had been delivered to owners the day before and the staff told me prior to delivering those two "only a handful" had left that service center. In fact the guy doing our demo said unlike their other location (I'm assuming he meant West Palm) where many of the staff had gotten to see a real live X (I'm guessing because of the founder in that location as well as some early P90Ds went to WP) some of their employees at Dania location had not even seen an X in person until the demos arrived.

Today was Tesla Tuesday here. I took delivery of "Nighthawk" this morning. The DS here in Atlanta did a great job. I arrived a little early, and the car was still be cleaned. Finally, they came a got us from the customer lounge. The X was in the delivery area, awaiting our final the paper work. All signed and transfer the funds and we went through all the operations and apps. Found nothing wrong with the X... all the paint was perfect, the alignments were great, and everything function well. On the drive home, it gave me a "cruise control not currently available". I think something was adjusting, and it returned to normal for Cruise and Auto Pilot in the trip to visit friends. I back my SUV into the single garage with a 96 inch (8 foot door). I was amazed how much tighter getting the x in compared to my Audi Q7. The X is definitely wider, and the mirrors clear by 2 inches on each side..... slow is the rule.... not sure I am willing to try "summon" in or out just yet. I may just need practice. BTW, the FWD open easily and made needed adjustments inside the Garage to manage the close wall on the driver's side as did the driver's door.

The X drove fantastically! Coming from the SC I merged onto a highway and accelerated to gain space from a fast approaching Camaro. To my surprise, the X zoomed.... I think the tires squealed as the P90D shot forward was quickly distancing itself from the Camaro and gaining on the traffic ahead. Later, I used Auto Pilot successfully.... I had to make an adjustment after realizing the 10 miles over the speed limit setting was not an alarm, but a setting! So if the road was 65MPH, the X tried to get to 75MPH as fast as possible. I was not ready for that, and moved back to "0" deviation.

OK. @K-MTG ... I didn't get a sun shade.... nor do I think I will need one. It was 90 here today -- YEA -- and I could look up directly at the sun and felt no discomfort without the mesh.

I took pictures when I got home. Hope all enjoy Night Hawk" as much as I have so far -- Midnight Silver, 22" Black Onyx Rims, Black Seats and Headliner -- P90D.

@Aljohn thank you so much for coming back as promised and sharing your pics. Glad to hear that your delivery experience went well and that Nighthawk is meticulous in every way. Enjoy the rides! Nighthawk is a stunner! Congratulations again.

Took delivery this morning. We couldn't drive it before we signed the paperwork, but we were kindly driven around by a Tesla employee.

The spoiler squeaks and rattles something fierce on the highway, and also squeaks coming up and down, but that's a minor issue. The driver side chrome is off by 2mm but I expect that can be tweaked as well.

At work I almost opened the wrong FWD. Many downtown garages are FWD unfriendly (see photo) and I could easily have broken the glass.

Still, the car is mighty impressive, all told. Acceleration is killer and autopilot is better than expected.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 108