Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Retrofit steering wheel sold out already

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious. The retrofit steering wheel on my Long Range X is slightly but noticeably thinner than the stock steering wheel on my S85D, but the steering wheel in the picture looks thicker than both of them.

Bruce.

I can't tell you if this is thicker or not than the previous "Refresh" wheel -- it's a little thicker than the wheel in my X LR "Raven" for sure though.

Really pleased with it!!

Reactions: bmah
I had to do a reboot, not just wait. But you may have to do both, wait and reboot. I think it was an hour or 2 later that I did the reboot.
Thank You. I’ll reboot in and hour and see.

The app is showing the wheel now. A reboot did work for touch screen glyphs.

Of course they did take my yoke airbag. They wanted to to take the yoke as well so I asked if I can keep the yoke and of course they let me.

Last edited:
I've had it for a 2-3 months now, and the most impactful thing I can say about my impression is that just thinking of switching back to the yoke makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth.

I'm 4 days in and FINALLY loving my Model S.

I finally feel like I have "my" car, if that makes sense.

Whomever approved the yoke going to production (I'm fairly sure we all know who that is ...) should atone for their sins against driverdom.

Change for change's sake rarely improves things.

I like how the Yoke is now the "premium" feature, regular wheel is included, $250 to upgrade. I wonder if that would have been the ideal initial option? I love the yoke, wouldn't change back. That said, forcing it initially was definitely the wrong decision.

Now it looks like a nifty option/upgrade if people want!

For those with the wheel: did they fix all the icons and such in the software to reflect a round wheel?

I like how the Yoke is now the "premium" feature, regular wheel is included, $250 to upgrade. I wonder if that would have been the ideal initial option? I love the yoke, wouldn't change back. That said, forcing it initially was definitely the wrong decision.

For those with the wheel: did they fix all the icons and such in the software to reflect a round wheel?
Yes. Glyphs/icons in the app, touchscreen and instrument panel are all changed over.

• Informative
Reactions: K.I.T.T.23

They went above and beyond to make sure every single icon was changed, even in places like the radio settings graphics.

They did. Came in a update as the wheel became available and subsequently had the gateway change updated in toolbox to toggle.

Ok, but you still think all in, they only spent 3 minutes total to code all the areas in the software to have an option for a round wheel, and do all the graphic work for each variation of a round wheel in all the different screen, including the mobile app?