Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S&X Price Adjustments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was previously in the market for a raven x, which in my area are in the low 60s. Given the pricing news, should we expect used prices to move down as well? If a new 6 seater is 86k right now for a refresh, it makes no sense that a nearly 4 year old raven is selling at only 30% depreciation (or less even). I'd be in heaven buying a 2022 refresh for mid to high 60s. But will that happen?

I was previously in the market for a raven x, which in my area are in the low 60s. Given the pricing news, should we expect used prices to move down as well? If a new 6 seater is 86k right now for a refresh, it makes no sense that a nearly 4 year old raven is selling at only 30% depreciation (or less even). I'd be in heaven buying a 2022 refresh for mid to high 60s. But will that happen?
Get the 5 seater long range (performance is similar to Raven, much better range and overall better). It’s $80k with potential $7500 off federal credit which brings it to $72.5k brand new.

Yep as I said ALL owners of S and X looking to sell have just lost a big amount of money. That Raven should be in the low 50s, high 40s now.

FYI - 5 & 7 seater is way more useful. It folds completely flat unlike the 6 seater!

Last edited:
Get the 5 seater long range (performance is similar to Raven, much better range and overall better). It’s $80k with potential $7500 off federal credit which brings it to $72.5k brand new.

Yep as I said ALL owners of S and X looking to sell have just lost a big amount of money. That Raven should be in the low 50s, high 40s now.

FYI - 5 & 7 seater is way more useful. It folds completely flat unlike the 6 seater!
Yeah I've got my eyes on a 6 seater. Works best for our unique case.

I wonder how long it'll take the market to correct 🤔

Reactions: Ethan Ryczek
Do y’all worried about resale flip your cars the next year? Give it 3-5 years like most car buyers and it will normalize. There are also those folks who rode the ride up in the last and sold their used Tesla at a profit.

Interesting to me also people say it’s a 20K drop . If you have been looking at inventory for awhile they had them for 8-12K cheaper already.

Reactions: Dayreg and SO16
Well for $60s you can now get a ‘22 long range X. Plaid should now be about $70k. That Raven should now be a solid $45k.

But hey according to many on this forum this is great news and another genius idea by Elon the super genius.
"Should" but that's the real question is how fast will used prices adjust. If I walk up to a dealer on their 84k '22 and tell them it's worth 65 I might get punched in the face.

Tesla *is* because of the guy in the driver's seat. You know they are good because other manufacturers are rushing to adopt their innovations. Ford is aligning with direct sales of their EVs as best as they can, adopting NACS, pursuing giga-casting. Telsa has upset the industry. Same with SpaceX which has been absolutely amazing and launches like 90% of the worlds stuff to space.

I was an early critic, but the results are what matters. And the results are astounding. Losing it to dominating in 10 years. 10 years is nothing, it's like a blink. "The proof is in the pudding"
You take the stuff you like with the stuff you don't like the good with the bad. Only an unwise person focuses only on the stuff he doesn't like.
Elon is not the guy developing these things. The engineers at Tesla are awesome and they don’t need Elon to be innovative. Peter Rawlinson is the guy who really innovated a lot of the engineering and design of Tesla cars. He now is the CEO of Lucid. I respect him way more than Elon. Unfortunately Lucid is really in an uphill situation and they can’t compete on the prices just yet.

Elon also did not start Tesla. He forced his way into CEO at some point.

Tesla has also enjoyed an amazing opportunity. They were able to buy a lot of factories for dirt cheap when GM and Toyota were struggling in the last recession. They then enjoyed a decade long of having EVs in the market with 0 competition. There was a huge demand for EVs that no one knew existed.

I applaud Tesla for changing the game. I do think another CEO would have done just as well. I don’t give Elon all the credit. I used to like Elon but over the years he has become more unhinged and less focused.

Tesla can do much better with a Tim Cook like CEO.

Could you imagine if you bought an iPhone today for $1000 and tomorrow the same iPhone price changes to $700 (with no new model coming out). And then people just said too bad it’s how it works. You would straight up switch to Android. And doing this sort of thing with a $100k car is no joke. He should have never let the prices get that high if he was going to cut a Plaid from $140k to $90k.

Well here is to hoping that Porsche, BMW, Audi straightens up Tesla. They will make better stuff for sure and treat their customers much better. Service, quality, pricing.

Apple is coming out with a car as well. Tesla will be forced to change or will wither away. The first step is to remove the unhinged CEO.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SO16
"Should" but that's the real question is how fast will used prices adjust. If I walk up to a dealer on their 84k '22 and tell them it's worth 65 I might get punched in the face.
Well a new ‘23 is $79k so there is that? Yeah dealers will be super pissed right now too.

As someone mentioned they may just not want to sell Tesla cars or will build in a huge price buffer to account for the fluctuations.

Again it’s never seen like this in the industry. Not to these levels.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Fowler
Quit supporting shitty leaders and being complacent.

I’m not focusing on myself but pointing out what a lot of people feel. Will this hurt Tesla. Absolutely. I won’t be promoting them anymore. I’ve gotten several to buy them in the past. I’m sure there will be a thousand like me.

They will gain short term sales but long term it may not be good for them unless they get better leadership.

Apple and big tech know how to do it much better.
Dude, you are the one bought a Tesla recently supporting the company and leader. Tesla has been like that since 2017 when I bought my X. You should've done more researches about Tesla pricing and its leader if you had doubts. I sold my X 2 years ago and never looked back. Has Tesla ever reached back to me since I was one of the early adopters? Nope, they don't care as long as new buyers like you keep buying their cars.

Reactions: ArchHamster
Dude, you are the one bought a Tesla recently supporting the company and leader. Tesla has been like that since 2017 when I bought my X. You should've done more researches about Tesla pricing and its leader if you had doubts. I sold my X 2 years ago and never looked back. Has Tesla ever reached back to me since I was one of the early adopters? Nope, they don't care as long as new buyers like you keep buying their cars.
You’re right I learned my lesson. I always wanted an EV and needed a new car and actually bought mine at the peak prices. Tesla will learn theirs soon as well. Serious competition is just about here.

• Funny
Reactions: SO16
Interesting, wow. Tesla just offered me a full go buyback on my MS LR 2023 for a number of defects. I was really thinking of not repurchasing and waiting for the new Model 3, or checking out alternative EVs. However, maybe now I will? What should I do!

That sounds like you bought a lemon and Tesla has to operate within the law. Take the money and run.

What’s funny about all the whining is that no one was complaining when all the Tesla owners took advantage of the inflated market and made money on their depreciating vehicles. What comes up, must come down folks. Nothing to see here. Time to move along :)
I was going to say the same thing. No Model S/X owner complained when Elon kept raising prices and their cars kept gaining values. I remember that I kept getting new Tesla every few months because I either didn’t lose anything or even gained a little. Those are good days as a Tesla owner. But just like they said, all good things must come to an end