Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S subsite and design studio being updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it's easier to assume "they removed the word fog because something was less good than they hoped", but an equivalently likely assumption is "fog lights are no brainer, cornering lights is a checkbox on the list of some buyers."

They could have called them "cornering fog lights", I suppose, if both are true.

Yes, the cornering lamps have been there since the beginning.

I had no idea we got cornering light. My Audi A3 (2006) had steerable headlights which were very cool and I was going to miss them on the Model S.

Much to my surprise, while driving the Model S at night around the neighborhood just for fun, I noticed that when I came to a stop and turned that lights would kick on in the direction of the turn. Very cool. I am glad they made that feature explicit on the web site.

I know it's easier to assume "they removed the word fog because something was less good than they hoped", but an equivalently likely assumption is "fog lights are no brainer, cornering lights is a checkbox on the list of some buyers."

They could have called them "cornering fog lights", I suppose, if both are true.

AFAIK, they're different. The fog lights, IIRC, are the little "J" shaped LED pipes, while the cornering lamps are beside that and come on (obviously) when you turn.

I hope this latest change is more like the LED reading lights and not final:

wifigone.PNG

Someone said recently there was a "no compromise" claim on some Tesla/Model S page, but can't find anything. Am I missing it, is it gone, or wasn't it there in the first place?

Asking because recently some seem to get hung up on that claim, like earlier on the term "best car".