Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C'mon, you have been following these threads since August, 2012, and the temporary loss of reverse tilt mirrors has you very annoyed... Okay okay but you know this is temporary. And obviously you should only be driving forward until 4.3.1.

The mirrors still tilt in 4.3 (at least mine do), it's just the option to turn that off that isn't there.

Don't be so sure. The co-founder of Google is a Model S owner. I wish he would realize that we want the map to be able to have the option to always face the direction you're driving, rather than North UP option only. Let's hope!

And let's hope that Google doesn't decide to make cars the way they decided to make phones.

if I'm at 4.2 how long can I expect it to take to get upgraded to 4.3? Appreciate the response!!!
John
If you don't get the update notification in the next day or so, call Tesla service. I happened to be on the phone with them with another question last week and they told me it should be within the next 5 days (and it was...I went from 4.2 to 4.4 on Saturday). No problems with any part of the car either before or after the upgrade...everything is perfect!

I much prefer having a "track-up" orientation for my map. My wife prefers "north-up" for hers. That's why it needs to be available as an option... precisely because some people want it different ways. Every other nav option of which I am aware offers that option. Every. Single. One. It's not hard to code since Google Maps can already do that.

Sure it takes time, and no I don't need it by tomorrow... but it needs to be there. Most people's preferences for map orientation are strong preferences, so there's no reason not to provide that.

i received 4.4 last night with no issues. however, on the My Tesla screen, where it previously showed my VIN, it now says "VINISEMPTY". everything seems to be working fine. should i care?

You should change your handle to "blank reg" and get the requisite hairstyle to match. :tongue:
mh1x04-blank-reg.jpg

I just got 4.4 last night too.

Here's a secret feature. Press the tesla logo and the signal strength logo. Hold it until the logo flashes a second time - immediately release your touch and enter 20130401 and press enter. The dialog will still be up. quickly within three seconds press your brake three times then open all your windows and then close them all. tada! watch the video on the big screen. :)