Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just talked to customer service chat about an issue and then I asked her if sentry mode was out for model s and she said yes it came out 3 days ago.
Is she mistaken?

• This is sentry and dog mode and I believe the location specific folding mirror update.

Stephanie

• ok is that out for model s yet or is that only model 3 as of now

12:33 PM
  • Checking.

12:33 PM
  • Stephanie
    Yes, this update is for the Model S as well.

Reactions: Gt1948
There was a mass release of 2018.50.6 a few days ago which had many peoples' hopes up (mine included). But there was nothing new in the release notes. Apparently all the new goodies are in the 2019.xx.x firmware.

The Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker is showing that's just starting to trickle out now.

And from what I'm seeing else where the new stuff may only apply to 2.5 hardware.

• Informative
Reactions: Gt1948 and KerryOH
There was a mass release of 2018.50.6 a few days ago which had many peoples' hopes up (mine included). But there was nothing new in the release notes. Apparently all the new goodies are in the 2019.xx.x firmware.

Yup. This happened to me a few days ago. Got the in-app notification of a new version and thought I'd get 2019.xx...but only got 2018.50.6 with nothing new in the release notes.

I feel the same way. Why are the flag ship products not getting this update at the same time or before the Model 3? Is there some technical issue?
The contrary -- they know we S/X owners are very high maintenance and that the sentry update has been VERY buggy (read those posts), so effectively they're using the 3 owners as field beta testers for a firmware that they really don't think we'd want yet.

Imagine if we had gotten those updated ahead of 3. This thread would be entitled: "I Paid $110k for my Tesla and got this piece of junk firmware!!"

The contrary -- they know we S/X owners are very high maintenance and that the sentry update has been VERY buggy (read those posts), so effectively they're using the 3 owners as field beta testers for a firmware that they really don't think we'd want yet.

Imagine if we had gotten those updated ahead of 3. This thread would be entitled: "I Paid $110k for my Tesla and got this piece of junk firmware!!"

Sure, but I haven't seen a wider rollout of the supposedly bugfixed software for S/X yet.