Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Owners With Kids!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear that too. Is there any info about why far apart spacing is bad/dangerous. Just curious. I’ll try the center seatbelt and hopefully I can get it as snug as the latch sustem.

I am not entirely sure, but I suspect it has something to do with the angle of the strap being too far from perpendicular to the LATCH receptacle. This is not a Tesla-only issue. I have seen the manuals for several other cars, including my wife's Volvo suv, warn against doing the same thing.

I used the center belt on my Model S for a while when my son was still rear facing but over the LATCH weight limit specified by his car seat. It is certainly more of a pain than using the LATCH system, but it is possible to get it just as tight. My advice is to push down on the car seat as hard as possible while you tighten the belt.

MS is on order, due to arrive in mid-Feb. I’m looking to have my three kids under six years old set up the way:
Two high back booster seats for big boys ages 7 and 5
One car seat with five point harness for petite 3 year old girl. I’ve had good luck with Diono car seats as they are narrow but sturdy.

What about narrow high-back booster seats? Looking for some that will allow the kids to buckle themselves in.

I am not entirely sure, but I suspect it has something to do with the angle of the strap being too far from perpendicular to the LATCH receptacle. This is not a Tesla-only issue. I have seen the manuals for several other cars, including my wife's Volvo suv, warn against doing the same thing.

I used the center belt on my Model S for a while when my son was still rear facing but over the LATCH weight limit specified by his car seat. It is certainly more of a pain than using the LATCH system, but it is possible to get it just as tight. My advice is to push down on the car seat as hard as possible while you tighten the belt.

Thanks for the info. I will do the belt install today in our S and 3 and make sure they are tight. Center position seems best for single child. :)

MS is on order, due to arrive in mid-Feb. I’m looking to have my three kids under six years old set up the way:
Two high back booster seats for big boys ages 7 and 5
One car seat with five point harness for petite 3 year old girl. I’ve had good luck with Diono car seats as they are narrow but sturdy.

What about narrow high-back booster seats? Looking for some that will allow the kids to buckle themselves in.

We got an inexpensive one to travel with and it ended up exceeding expectations. It can be used as a car seat or a booster. It was $60 when we bought it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O8RRFZ4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: DIL
Our daughter is too big for the rear-facing Model S jump seat. It came installed and we removed and stored it when we bought our S three years ago . Would like to list the seat for sale. Would there be any interest in it? I will check when hubs returns with the car, but I think it is in flawless condition.