Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S hits 130 Miles on the Autobahn in Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LoL. I just found the video online. I live in Toronto. If you get clocked at 150KM/h (93M/h) they police will pull you over and you will be charged with "Stunt Driving" given a fine of up to 10K, Car is impounded and you get jailed.

I am supposed to take possession of my MS on Dec 2nd. P85+ and I'm praying that a firmware update is issued that allows me to limit the car to 147Km/h.

LoL. I just found the video online. I live in Toronto. If you get clocked at 150KM/h (93M/h) they police will pull you over and you will be charged with "Stunt Driving" given a fine of up to 10K, Car is impounded and you get jailed.

I am supposed to take possession of my MS on Dec 2nd. P85+ and I'm praying that a firmware update is issued that allows me to limit the car to 147Km/h.

The ability exists in the car, just not exposed to mere mortals. You could ask your service center to do it for you (since they limit loaners to 80mph)

How often I hit that on my daily commute... LOL. Speed limits from the 1950's for 1950's cars, dumb.

Heading south on A19 NE of Hamburg.sehr schön
Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 10.42.54 PM.png

With a P85+ it is easy to get to 218kph that's 135mph. It also feels like it could even could go faster if it wasn't limited. Car handling is ok, but could be more stable when comparing it to the competition. Also the power limiter kicks in pretty early and often. I hope the Autobahn upgrade Elon announced will help here.
Another annoying thing is that the speed control will switch off when going above 180kph (this is by law I think). But the speed control light is still on (you can see it in the video). To activate it again you need to switch it off and turn it on again.
Expect to only get half of the typical range if driving in that manner. This is still about 200km though ...

For future posters...

Keep in mind that an enterprising officer/detective could probably make some decent educated guesses at your starting location (roughly) by combining the "Since Last Charge" distance with the map location shown.

What could be the range at that speed ?? 100 kms ? when we see the ranger going down so fast on the video...!!