Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a great point. As I'm in Los Angeles, it's not too much of a hassle to get up to the Bay area to take delivery. I've attempted to have that conversation with my DS, but she said I should wait until December 1st to see if it's really plausible.

Let me know if that's possible because I am in a similar situation.

- - - Updated - - -

How did you find out the window of delivery? What it speed up delivery if picked up the super car in Fremont, CA

Here's a shot of the black dipped "P" I did yesterday (along with the Black applique stickers). I'll post some proper pics this weekend after I finish dipping the door handles.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Here's a shot of the black dipped "P" I did yesterday (along with the Black applique stickers). I'll post some proper pics this weekend after I finish dipping the door handles.

View attachment 64204

I'm also going to plasti-dip my Model S as soon as it gets here next month, and I'm wondering why you applied the stickers on the chrome, rather than just plasti-dipping those letters?

I'm also going to plasti-dip my Model S as soon as it gets here next month, and I'm wondering why you applied the stickers on the chrome, rather than just plasti-dipping those letters?

He's talking about the applique that goes from one end of the lift gate to the other just above the license plate area. He put stickers on the TESLA letters. I suppose you could mask that area and spray plast-dip on but it'd be a pain and someone has already made stickers.

He's talking about the applique that goes from one end of the lift gate to the other just above the license plate area. He put stickers on the TESLA letters. I suppose you could mask that area and spray plast-dip on but it'd be a pain and someone has already made stickers.

Correct. The "TESLA" applique was done using the letters. They could be done with Plasti-dip but since the stickers are readily available I'll give those a try first. The "P" emblem and the door handles have been plasti-dipped (black for the "P", white for the handles).

Correct. The "TESLA" applique was done using the letters. They could be done with Plasti-dip but since the stickers are readily available I'll give those a try first. The "P" emblem and the door handles have been plasti-dipped (black for the "P", white for the handles).

That's what I was wondering. I feel like plastidipping would be easier than applying the stickers. Can't wait to see more pics!

My wrap guy did my handles (and all the chrome trim) in black, but what he used (not sure which product) has not held up well.

R²B, did you spray the whole door handle while it was extended (and masking the area)? I am curious how the handles look and hold up being Plasi-dipped.

Last August, it was hard to even imagine driving away in my Tesla. I know there was not a single day that I skipped looking in the forums to see the deliveries. For those waiting now, let me share my GRIN!

Throughout this process, from ordering through delivery details, the Seattle team was great. They especially helped me when the dual motors and auto-pilot features were released. They confirmed facts, not fast, but as soon as they could get the answers, and they clearly gave me the freedom to change.

I decided to retain my order for the Performance model that is now discontinued. I don't have the dual motors, but I do have awesome performance for much less price than the P85D. I talked with other owners of Model S in Seattle who consistently reported no traction problems with the single motor. For me, the choice was the 85D or the P85, but I wanted it today, not in February.

So, today I drove her all over town and finally to home. My partner and I both quickly adapted to full regen, and now I really appreciate how it helps me driving in traffic. Today's delivery appointment included several surprises about features and things I did not know about, despite a lot of forum and general internet reading.

For those still waiting, I hope you can be more patient than I was! If you are in Seattle, I'd be happy to let you take her for a little ride.
Delivery Grins.JPG

Last edited:
Internauts, Congratulatioins on getting that gorgeous Model S! Let's see, blue, grey leather, lacewood, air suspension, pano roof, etc.... you've really built a gorgeous car! You won't regret the chosen colors and features, mine is over a year old and I still get the Tesla grin when I drive to work every weekday.

Man this wait is unbearable... can't imagine what early adopters went through waiting months and months (I'm not even 2 full months into the wait yet). But I think I'm getting close, someone posted on Reddit that their VIN less than 600 off from mine entered production Saturday.

Just had my wall charge installed this morning which was cool. Unfortunately my townhouse doesn't supply enough juice to take full advantage of the 80A capability without risking popping the main breaker so it's just installed at 40A (glad I didn't spring for dual chargers up front!). Getting it changed would be majorly expensive and require the whole complex to upgrade... so... that's out of the question as long as I'm at my current place but I wanted a permanent at home charging solution and it after the price drop it cost about the same as buying a dedicated cord.