Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Announcing the birth of our precious: Born this morning [My Tesla changed to "Production Complete" between 10 pm and 8 am], she weighs 2.3 tons, is 196 inches long, Seahawks blue, beautiful, and I love her already. Can't wait to take her home! Her room is all ready, with her own feeding tube installed. It is time to read the manual to learn how to care for her.

Announcing the birth of our precious: Born this morning [My Tesla changed to "Production Complete" between 10 pm and 8 am], she weighs 2.3 tons, is 196 inches long, Seahawks blue, beautiful, and I love her already. Can't wait to take her home! Her room is all ready, with her own feeding tube installed. It is time to read the manual to learn how to care for her.

Man, you got it BAAAD. :)

I should show my wife this post... So she not only knows it's not just me, but others have it AND worse. Lol!

Congrats!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with the "Tesla Fever." My 85 was confirmed October 23rd, with a December delivery date to Los Angeles, but is still listed as in the production queue. VIN 63552. I'm a little nervous of a delay because I want that tax credit this year, and I've even told them that I'm willing to pick up at the factory if it's cutting it close.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with the "Tesla Fever." My 85 was confirmed October 23rd, with a December delivery date to Los Angeles, but is still listed as in the production queue. VIN 63552. I'm a little nervous of a delay because I want that tax credit this year, and I've even told them that I'm willing to pick up at the factory if it's cutting it close.
I am sure Tesla would like to have your car delivered in 2014 more than you want to receive it. Tesla is trying very hard to show an increase in deliveries for Q4 vs Q3.

If you can make yourself available to pick up your car at the very end of December at the factory, it would probably increase your chances, as after a certain point, it will be impossible for Tesla to have any more 2014 deliveries other than factory pick-ups.

Eg: A car that is finished on December 27 cannot be delivered on the east coast on December 31.

I am sure Tesla would like to have your car delivered in 2014 more than you want to receive it. Tesla is trying very hard to show an increase in deliveries for Q4 vs Q3.

If you can make yourself available to pick up your car at the very end of December at the factory, it would probably increase your chances, as after a certain point, it will be impossible for Tesla to have any more 2014 deliveries other than factory pick-ups.

Eg: A car that is finished on December 27 cannot be delivered on the east coast on December 31.

That's a great point. As I'm in Los Angeles, it's not too much of a hassle to get up to the Bay area to take delivery. I've attempted to have that conversation with my DS, but she said I should wait until December 1st to see if it's really plausible.

60565 still not in production - very annoying. 60kWh orders sure seem to get shafted.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. From what I've been reading here a lot goes into the batching of cars for delivery purposes. There may be a threshold that needs to be met before they can ship your car out to Canada. I'm not saying it's fair of course, but since delivery is a variable cost, they're going to do what's best for the company, and in this instance, that means shafting Vancouver orders.