Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN was assigned today - 3/13 for my MSLR order (order date 3/1). Though I'm thinking of cancelling the order and lose the $250 order fee. I did receive the notification to accept "order changes", namely - reduction in range (405 to 402) and non-availability of summon/auto-park in Tesla vision only cars. I have not yet accepted it. Wondering what happens if you don't accept these changes? Do they automatically cancel the order and refund the deposit? Has anyone experience with that?

I had placed the order mainly because of the FUSC transfer offer, but I'm thinking it is not worth it at this time for us. I was already on the fence when placing the order but the fact that we will be losing some features that we use regularly has pushed me back behind the fence. Will rethink if they come with this transfer offer again in the future.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
My 15 mile round trip to costco and walgreens yesterday in my msp 241 wh/mile vs epa rating of 270 wh/mile while the bms, for 19", is using 279 wh/mile. My energy graph always shows green because the car thinks rated is 379 wh/mile.

244 wh/mile is last years rated so im only just barely beating that.
Screenshot_20240313_095808_Chrome.jpg

VIN was assigned today - 3/13 for my MSLR order (order date 3/1). Though I'm thinking of cancelling the order and lose the $250 order fee. I did receive the notification to accept "order changes", namely - reduction in range (405 to 402) and non-availability of summon/auto-park in Tesla vision only cars. I have not yet accepted it. Wondering what happens if you don't accept these changes? Do they automatically cancel the order and refund the deposit? Has anyone experience with that?

I had placed the order mainly because of the FUSC transfer offer, but I'm thinking it is not worth it at this time for us. I was already on the fence when placing the order but the fact that we will be losing some features that we use regularly has pushed me back behind the fence. Will rethink if they come with this transfer offer again in the future.
Maybe wait to see if the front bumper camera rumors are true. If that screenshot conversation that teslascope posted holds up then it might be worth the wait. My delivery day got pushed to tomorrow and now I’m on the fence about whether I should reject and wait or accept and move on. 🤔😬

Maybe wait to see if the front bumper camera rumors are true. If that screenshot conversation that teslascope posted holds up then it might be worth the wait. My delivery day got pushed to tomorrow and now I’m on the fence about whether I should reject and wait or accept and move on. 🤔😬
If there’s nothing super noticeable I’ll probably accept it but if there’s any bs I will be rejecting and rolling the dice on the new refresh for April.

Reactions: kobefan234
is there a way to get wh/mile info without using 3rd party app? My previous car's interface and energy app was so much superior.
I check the green graph app in the MCU but I do not get enough info.

It's in the trip tab. Shows wh / mile since last drive, last charge, and trip a/b. Yes. the previous generation had a much better interface.

With stuff that is that obvious, you probably didn't even get to all of the touch up paint.
I don't think I found any. I didn't bring the lacquer thinner. I figured if I could find any touch up paint, there was no point in removing it.

I found some white gunk under the passenger door. Maybe lithium grease? Lots of adhesive goo and other junk on it. Lots of dirt.

I did get to test drive a highland model 3 while I was waiting. It was very very nice. Really on par with the S.

I don't think I found any. I didn't bring the lacquer thinner. I figured if I could find any touch up paint, there was no point in removing it.

I found some white gunk under the passenger door. Maybe lithium grease? Lots of adhesive goo and other junk on it. Lots of dirt.

I did get to test drive a highland model 3 while I was waiting. It was very very nice. Really on par with the S.

I drove the Highland Model 3 today. Nowhere near Model S quality for any number of reasons.

1.) The suspension crashes over bumps, especially at highway speed.
2.) The interior panel alignment can be really awful.

1710377765249.jpeg

3.) The LED strips are a joke. A sick, sick joke. They look like cheap, aftermarket crap, because they are OEM crap. So distracting. I turned them off. They look especially crap because of the poor panel alignments. And they look like crap because for whatever reason they don't run the length of the trim on the doors, so it looks like part of the LED strip died.

1710377805293.jpeg

4.) In the daytime, the silver trim on the dash reflects so badly on the windshield I have to assume it's a practical joke. It looks bad in the picture, and it's 10x worse in real life.

1710377828364.jpeg

1710377886544.jpeg

5.) The haptic feedback on the steering wheel buttons is certainly better than on the S/X refresh, but it's also really loud.
6.) Speaking of loud, try closing the glovebox without waking the entire car up. Haha, it's hilariously loud. It's magnets that grab and SMACK! It closes.
7.) The center console feels so cheap compared to the previous refresh of the 3.

THAT said, the cabin is certainly quieter than it was with my 2019 Model 3. But it's clear this car is money saving over the prior years.