Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went on the Tesla site to existing inventory and found my exact car "In Transit - Arriving Soon" only $2500 more expensive because it's an UR ... came free of charge when I was placing and order back in November... requested a call back 🤷. Will report back
Here is my back and forth with the "Inside Tesla Advisor"

Me: I placed an order for a Model S in November of 2023 and my Estimated Delivery Date has been pushed forward many times. Currently it is Feb 16th to March 8th.

I went on your site and looked at your current inventory near me and it looks like you have a few of Model S with my exact configuration available for purchase. I am perplexed as to why I still do not have an exact delivery date with my order being placed almost 3 months ago, but a same exact model is available for purchase right now (given an Ultra Red is now $2500 more than i reserved mine for, but i did reserve because of the discounted price)

My reservation number is RN1204*****

Please reach out to let me know if we can get the vin assigned.

Kid regards,
R

Them: Let me know if you would like to go with the vehicle that is in the price range of 78K.

Me: I would like to know if there is a reason why my vehicle is not ready and an exact same one is ready now

Them: You order a custom order vehicle vs a vehicle that you may see in inventory

Me: What is the difference between those vehicles? Will my Estimated delivery date keep getting pushed up indefinitely or is there a date where it will stop? Very weird that my exact car is already available but not for me.

Them: The price point and location would be the difference

Me: The location looks like the same and the price point will probably never reach what I ordered for so it will always be different.

Them: *silence

Here is my back and forth with the "Inside Tesla Advisor"

Me: I placed an order for a Model S in November of 2023 and my Estimated Delivery Date has been pushed forward many times. Currently it is Feb 16th to March 8th.

I went on your site and looked at your current inventory near me and it looks like you have a few of Model S with my exact configuration available for purchase. I am perplexed as to why I still do not have an exact delivery date with my order being placed almost 3 months ago, but a same exact model is available for purchase right now (given an Ultra Red is now $2500 more than i reserved mine for, but i did reserve because of the discounted price)

My reservation number is RN1204*****

Please reach out to let me know if we can get the vin assigned.

Kid regards,
R

Them: Let me know if you would like to go with the vehicle that is in the price range of 78K.

Me: I would like to know if there is a reason why my vehicle is not ready and an exact same one is ready now

Them: You order a custom order vehicle vs a vehicle that you may see in inventory

Me: What is the difference between those vehicles? Will my Estimated delivery date keep getting pushed up indefinitely or is there a date where it will stop? Very weird that my exact car is already available but not for me.

Them: The price point and location would be the difference

Me: The location looks like the same and the price point will probably never reach what I ordered for so it will always be different.

Them: *silence
Sounds like they just want to fill your '23 order with a '23 reject or inventory car.😕

If its a long range, I'm pretty sure they are all on hold.
Not true. I could have picked mine up already if I was willing to accept higher price. You guys are not getting the VINs because you paid old price. They did it on purpose. They might relent if they need numbers at the end of the quarter, but my bet is they change your order agreement to new price, like they did to me, and give you a VIN and new price.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Not true. I could have picked mine up already if I was willing to accept higher price. You guys are not getting the VINs because you paid old price. They did it on purpose. They might relent if they need numbers at the end of the quarter, but my bet is they change your order agreement to new price, like they did to me, and give you a VIN and new price.
I would say that's not correct. I was assigned a '24 RF VIN overnight last night, with a delivery window of last week of February for my December 6th order. My price was not changed. The car is in transit.

Show me one person that has had a 2024 MSLR delivered in this thread. I do think they’d prefer to have people pay a higher price but theres little doubt that there is a real hold on LRs. Also makes no business sense to risk $75k in revenue to gain a $250 deposit

Reactions: empiredown
Show me one person that has had a 2024 MSLR delivered in this thread. I do think they’d prefer to have people pay a higher price but theres little doubt that there is a real hold on LRs. Also makes no business sense to risk $75k in revenue to gain a $250 deposit
I can only tell you what happened to me. I could have picked up my 2024 LR on Wednesday and they offered, albeit at the new price.

Hope you get it at that price.
Thanks. Believe it or not, I decided to put it on hold because at the time I ordered I didn't think it would take 3 months. At this point I don't really need the car in the middle of Ohio winter with summer tires on it, as all Plaids come. So Tesla put it on a two week hold today. Same price. I believe something strange happened during your process.

Reactions: teko
F4E6F2B6-26CE-4835-9CAF-D53E6F8DCE93.jpeg

For those asking about the new yoke: here it is.