Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this time there is a hold for all model Ss in California. We are waiting for approval from the state to release them for customers. We are expecting this to happen on the 13th but if it happens sooner, we will happily release the vehicle for you sooner.
Wow..WTH.

Is it related to today's NHTSB recall? FSD? EPA?

State approval suggests FSD.

Either way , kinda sucks for those with orders.

At this time there is a hold for all model Ss in California. We are waiting for approval from the state to release them for customers. We are expecting this to happen on the 13th but if it happens sooner, we will happily release the vehicle for you sooner.

When I looked at the '24 UR at Fremont Delivery, they were happy to sell it to me and let me leave that day with it if I wanted. Also, why would a bunch of us have EDDs that are way before the 13th? Mine is Feb 5th - Feb 26th.

Reactions: aerodyne
Wow. FSD transfer is back. Yet again not in Canada. Come on now - if I'm set to have been waiting 5 months, give me the transfer....

BTW, there are several folks in this thread claiming they're picking up their '24s today or in the next couple of days. I've asked for photos of the steering wheel and right rear door/quarter panel to confirm and also hoping to get data on if this stamping issue was just two bad luck cars in a row or a more extensive batching issue.

I don't think there's a hold until 2/13.

And k don’t think there is a “stamping” issue. They made no body changes so no reason to build a new million dollar progressive die to make panels they have made thousands of. Think you might be assuming an issue based on minimal data and an internet poorly taken photo.
Dies don't last forever so there could very well be a stamping issue if die wasn't changed on time or wore out earlier than expected.