Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My personal theory is they are waiting to debut them with the launch of the 3 Performance.
Agreed. Last Tuesday I said in this thread I’m starting to wonder if the impending release of the increasingly spied Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous is driving an updated Model S Plaid. If true, the thought process would be that the M3P is good enough to draw sales from the MSP, and therefore some updates to MSP are being implemented. These updates probably wouldn't stem that consumer movement completely, but would continue to show investment in MSP.

Haha. On que. Yes you can cancel but the problem is if you reorder and the car is still in inventory you will get matched up with the same 2023 again and again and again. Ask me how I know... 😅

You have to make sure there are no 2023 cars in your exact configuration in inventory before placing your order. I think if you don't see any inventory right now you should be okay. I'm in the same boat. I had the same car I assigned to me three times. I just took my order off hold because they told me that 2023 has been sold...
That's interesting. Thanks for the helpful information! Does it help my case that no exact MSP build has surfaced in the "Earlier Pickup Available" section of the Tesla App since placing my order mid December? They've been trying to get me to select one of these cars repeatedly, but I just ignore them because I know they are all 2023's.

Agreed. Last Tuesday I said in this thread I’m starting to wonder if the impending release of the increasingly spied Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous is driving an updated Model S Plaid. If true, the thought process would be that the M3P is good enough to draw sales from the MSP, and therefore some updates to MSP are being implemented. These updates probably wouldn't stem that consumer movement completely, but would continue to show investment in MSP.
I really hope this is the case. Imagine the M3P/Ludicrous being touted at having 700-800 "HP." The updated look, power, and price could potentially cannibalize the MSP. It would only make sense for Tesla to throw a bone or two at their MSP customers.

Tires are the same. Conti ProContact RX
Huh?

To my best knowledge, they have ONLY used the Pirelli P Zero Summer tire as the OEM tire on the MS since mid-2021 (refresh MS).

When did they start using the Contis? Was it just an "up North/Canada" thing to get an All Season tire on the cars?

Frankly, I'm glad they've made the switch as the Pirellis are MUCH noiser and have zero snow grip as compared to the Contis, this from two friends that are 2022 MS LR owners in the SeaTac area that have replaced their P Zeros with the Contis (and who are also stunned by the improvement).

So looking at the configurator for the S currently, noticed a couple things

1) The steering wheel horn symbol is showing in the render now

2) For the Plaid seats, the render shows some extra stitching that wasn't present on the 2023 model. Examples below. Don't know if that's a real change or fixing a render -- I'd have to look at my own seats to compare (though I know my seats don't have any light colored stitching like the render seems to show)

2024:
View attachment 1012949

View attachment 1012951

2023:
View attachment 1012952

View attachment 1012950

Edit: And for the LR it's showing some contrast piping that wasn't there in the 2023 and earlier models

2024:
View attachment 1012953

2023:
View attachment 1012954
Yes, the LR's never had contrasting piping AFAIK, while the Plaids all should (at least the newer ones) as that's a key differentiation between the two that is hard to hide.

This is excellent for fraud prevention as some buy a Plaid sticker and a spoiler to create fake Plaids to sell on eBay and the like--buyer beware!

Long time, no post! Ordering our second S. MSP/UR/BW/19 just moved from Feb-Mar to a more concrete date of Feb 6-27th.

Hopefully that means they’ve restarted production! Excited to grab mine, with or without the upgrades.

side note, i was the guy on reddit who found the sports seats in the service manual. I keep checking both that + connector references + other models info. Nothing yet. There is about a 50ish number hole between the next lowest visible correction code for the seats and the next highest compared to the one for the doc i pulled (14031112) so it does appear that they probably still exist! My personal theory is they are waiting to debut them with the launch of the 3 Performance.

maybe another interesting nugget, maybe not: Location data for the photo of the seat places it in a warehouse slightly outside of the fremont factory.
That's interesting. So you found it in the model S service manual for sure? I was worried that the new seats might only be for the model 3 and we'd get nothing.

That's interesting. Thanks for the helpful information! Does it help my case that no exact MSP build has surfaced in the "Earlier Pickup Available" section of the Tesla App since placing my order mid December? They've been trying to get me to select one of these cars repeatedly, but I just ignore them because I know they are all 2023's.
Yup. You can check the inventory on tesla.com or Tesla info and search for your build.

If it was an exact match, they wouldn't ask. They'd just assign it to you.

Hi guys. New to the online community. Leased a Model 3 back in 2021 for the sole purpose of the carpool sticker, thinking I'd hate it (I'm a huge gear head). Needless to say, I ended up falling in love with it, and placed an order for a Model S Plaid. I ended up developing an unhealthy obsession with the incredibly gimmicky nature of model year VINS. I had no idea this was a thing until last week. Here is my experience so far:

-Order placed on 12/13/2023
-Received EDD of February-March 3rd 2024
-Required to resubmit my order on 1/6/2024.
-I walked into a Tesla dealer on 1/19/2024, the sales rep looked up my RN and confirmed that my MSP was not been in production.
-My EDD actually went DOWN. Now it's showing 1/29/2024-2/19/2024.

Since the car wasn't in production (and still may not be in production) on 1/19/2024, is it painfully obvious to assume that since the car is being built in 2024, it HAS to be a 2024VIN?
Yes, it darn well better be a 2024 model year MS.

If not, tell them you're refusing the car absent a $10k adjustment, or have them replace your 2023 "offered" MS and call you when a 2024 model year shows up . . . .

Reactions: JoeCal
I now have an EDD of Feb 16 - Mar 22.

Ordered Nov 10
'23 VIN assigned Dec 1.
Order on hold for two weeks,
'23 VIN again again Dec 29
Order cancelled
Ordered again Jan 1.
Accepted new range details on Jan 6
Same '23 VIN assigned again Jan 14
Order on hold for two weeks

MSP: UR / Black / 19s / Wheel.
No VIN yet...
Interesting stuff. Our builds are the same, with the exception that I ordered mine in solid black. Haven't had a single VIN assigned to me from since my 12/13/2023. Nothing after the Jan 6th range update either. If anything, it feels like NOT having a VIN assigned now benefits us, lol! The further we get into the Jan/Feb, the more confident I feel in us getting '24s. It's a shame Tesla doesn't have any form of communication on this. I've learned more on this forum about production/expectations/timelines in a day than my entire 3 years M3 ownership.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Yes, it darn well better be a 2024 model year MS.

If not, tell them you're refusing the car absent a $10k adjustment, or have them replace your 2023 "offered" MS and call you when a 2024 model year shows up . . . .
This sounds like a plan. I'll do exactly this if Tesla tries to pull a fast one by trying to deliver me a 2023VIN in February 2024, lol!

It seems very unlikely that I could get an MSRP in February since I just ordered and there are undoubtedly many orders ahead of me going all the way back to early December. If the EDD is even remotely accurate, only thing I can think of is they prioritize slightly based on pickup location i.e in this case Fremont.
I must now have one of the earliest order dates here... 11/27 EDD Feb 1 to Feb 22

Oh - forgot to add - some of the Roadster 2.0 folks put a full $250,000 down for the special edition.
It's really impressive Tesla was able to get people to put down this much. I really hope they deliver something amazing for those that waited that long.

I think calling it next gen Roadster or something likely better as the original Roadster did have a 1.5, 2, and 2.5 (along with 3.0 battery upgrade). Although not many people will know that and I'm sure most everyone knows what you're talking about. Minor point I guess.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne