Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I could delay my order for 2025 VIN 🤔

What are we thinking as new features? I would like HUD, native CarPlay and blinker stalk.
I missed the center horn by a few weeks. But really wanted the front bumper camera. I think that, ambient lighting, and center horn are the only things people expect in early part of 2024. I don't think native CarPlay was ever talked about? I doubt blinker stalk will come back as long as Elon is CEO.

HUD would be nice. The small LCD isn't designed for round steering wheel anymore although that could be fixed in software to move things more in view.

Reactions: teko
I missed the center horn by a few weeks. But really wanted the front bumper camera. I think that, ambient lighting, and center horn are the only things people expect in early part of 2024. I don't think native CarPlay was ever talked about? I doubt blinker stalk will come back as long as Elon is CEO.

HUD would be nice. The small LCD isn't designed for round steering wheel anymore although that could be fixed in software to move things more in view.

I'm going to stop in Dublin on my way to work and see if I can sit in the '24 they have there. I'm 6' 5" and this is a concern. I actually prefer the yoke but my wife won't drive it. I know she'd get used to it eventually but she refused to give it a chance in the MXP.

Reactions: dsm363
I'm going to stop in Dublin on my way to work and see if I can sit in the '24 they have there. I'm 6' 5" and this is a concern. I actually prefer the yoke but my wife won't drive it. I know she'd get used to it eventually but she refused to give it a chance in the MXP.
Great! Pics please...maybe one of the VIN so we can see if there is a option code for any new features.

• Helpful
Reactions: teko and sorka
You will almost have an issue with the round steering wheel for sure. Did you have an issue with round steering wheel in the 2022?

The headlight icon will be hidden. The speed limit sign likely as well. Your actually speed might be partially obstructed as well. The 22 and 24 would be identical as the steering wheel size didn't change (just the horn basically).

I think I could delay my order for 2025 VIN 🤔

What are we thinking as new features? I would like front bumper camera (thanks @dsm363 ), HUD, native CarPlay and blinker stalk.
If you're in no hurry, you could play the waiting game forever. Tesla in the past didn't really hold back features just for model year. I think the horn is one of the first times. And the front bumper camera and ambient lighting will likely be a mid year upgrade.

I'd wait for the front bumper camera maybe. But just waiting for a 2025 VIN to get a 2025 doesn't seem worth it. You'll never buy a car that way.

If you're in no hurry, you could play the waiting game forever. Tesla in the past didn't really hold back features just for model year. I think the horn is one of the first times. And the front bumper camera and ambient lighting will likely be a mid year upgrade.

I'd wait for the front bumper camera maybe. But just waiting for a 2025 VIN to get a 2025 doesn't seem worth it. You'll never buy a car that way.
I'm joking, I change cars ever 2-3 years anyway, so I'll catch other new features 3 years down the road.

Reactions: dsm363
FWIW, My tall friends have complained that their head and/or back hits the door frame on entry.

FWIW, My tall friends have complained that their head and/or back hits the door frame on entry.
There were a few 6’5” Roadster owners if you can believe that.
I'm joking, I change cars ever 2-3 years anyway, so I'll catch other new features 3 years down the road.
Ah. Model S should hopefully be totally new by that point. Assuming Tesla still sells it.

You will almost have an issue with the round steering wheel for sure. Did you have an issue with round steering wheel in the 2022?

The headlight icon will be hidden. The speed limit sign likely as well. Your actually speed might be partially obstructed as well. The 22 and 24 would be identical as the steering wheel size didn't change (just the horn basically).

I had the yoke on the MXP.

Reactions: zoomer0056
So looking at the configurator for the S currently, noticed a couple things

1) The steering wheel horn symbol is showing in the render now

2) For the Plaid seats, the render shows some extra stitching that wasn't present on the 2023 model. Examples below. Don't know if that's a real change or fixing a render -- I'd have to look at my own seats to compare (though I know my seats don't have any light colored stitching like the render seems to show)

2024:
View attachment 1012949

View attachment 1012951

2023:
View attachment 1012952

View attachment 1012950

Edit: And for the LR it's showing some contrast piping that wasn't there in the 2023 and earlier models

2024:
View attachment 1012953

2023:
View attachment 1012954
I kinda feel like the renders are wrong, given even the 2023 doesn't look like the actual 2023. Color of the stitching is wrong, - should be white on the Plaid.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I kinda feel like the renders are wrong, given even the 2023 doesn't look like the actual 2023. Color of the stitching is wrong, - should be white on the Plaid.
Yeah maybe. Seems odd to make such a subtle change to the seat, especially if a sport seat is in the pipeline. But also seems odd to even update the render with those details. Especially the LR renders showing some contrast piping.

The renders for the X show the same seats as before but still show the steering wheel horn

Yeah maybe. Seems odd to make such a subtle change to the seat, especially if a sport seat is in the pipeline. But also seems odd to even update the render with those details. Especially the LR renders showing some contrast piping.

The renders for the X show the same seats as before but still show the steering wheel horn
Wouldn't be the first time they've done this. Remember the front camera showing up on the Highland Model 3, for one thing!

I second @dsm363. 6'5" here and the steering wheel only works if I reaaaally slouch (and even then, barely). That's with the seat back quite a bit, at the lowest level, and the wheel all the way out at the highest level (the best setup for tall people). It just doesn't work for me for general driving with so much of the display occluded, and it's clear this car was designed around the yoke because... Elon.

I second @dsm363. 6'5" here and the steering wheel only works if I reaaaally slouch (and even then, barely). That's with the seat back quite a bit, at the lowest level, and the wheel all the way out at the highest level (the best setup for tall people). It just doesn't work for me for general driving with so much of the display occluded, and it's clear this car was designed around the yoke because... Elon.
Did you ever drive a pre 2021 Model S? Steering wheel opening was larger (I think) and more of the UI was in the center of the screen. With the FSD animations, a lot of that has been pushed to the side. And designed for yoke as you said. I don't see why car can't shift things around for round steering wheel. I'm not a programmer but how hard would it be?

• Love
Reactions: TSLA Pilot