Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay...

Just had 5 minutes to go through a new 2024 Model
with a Jan. 2024 build date. It's a new demo vehicle with 11 miles on it.

Confirmed: 1) New steering wheel with center horn like the '24 MX. 2) No Ambient lights. 3) No front camera. Everything else looks exactly the same.

Sorry, no pics. I can try to go back tomorrow.

I'm a bit disappointed... maybe we can expect another mid year refresh for the other items, maybe not

Still hoping Plaids might be a little different still.

Okay...

Confirmed: 1) New steering wheel with center horn like the '24 MX. 2) No Ambient lights. 3) No front camera. Everything else looks exactly the same.

I'm a bit disappointed... maybe we can expect another mid year refresh for the other items, maybe not
Correct. This is what I was told.

Okay...

Did you by any chance happen to see what the new tires are that they changed to keep the 405 EPA rating?

So if i choose early available inventory i need to pay more?
And top speed decreased?

2024 LRs have a new lower rolling resistant tire to improve the range. It exactly compensate for the decreased range from the new EPA testing change and the actual increased battery usage from Teslas "Comfort and Functionality Improvements" to maintain the 405 EPA range. The consequence is the new tire has a lower speed rating. Unfortunately, Tesla will never increase the speed rating even with higher speed rated tires so you are stuck at 130 MPH. The only time I know that they've increased the top speed is with the Track Pack purchase for the Plaid.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Saw this on Facebook, 2024 VIN!

Attachments

• IMG_6577.png
    IMG_6577.png
    548 KB · Views: 42
2024 LRs have a new lower rolling resistant tire to improve the range. It exactly compensate for the decreased range from the new EPA testing change and the actual increased battery usage from Teslas "Comfort and Functionality Improvements" to maintain the 405 EPA range. The consequence is the new tire has a lower speed rating. Unfortunately, Tesla will never increase the speed rating even with higher speed rated tires so you are stuck at 130 MPH. The only time I know that they've increased the top speed is with the Track Pack purchase for the Plaid.
Do you know what tire they are using?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Stopped by today. Here are some pics of the 2024 Model S LR:

Attachments

• 24.MSLR.Buuld.jpg
    24.MSLR.Buuld.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 24.MSLR.doorseal.jpg
    24.MSLR.doorseal.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 24.MSLR.front.jpg
    24.MSLR.front.jpg