Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone with a plaid order get the below email?:

Thank you for your Model S order (RNxxxxxxxx) placed on November xx, 2023. We are contacting you to let you know that we do not build the configuration you originally selected. To move forward with your order, please reconfigure your Model S at your earliest convenience.

We received updated EPA range estimates for Model S Plaid that are slightly lower than when you placed your order. This update is a result of several comfort and functionality improvements we’ve made across our vehicles, which require more energy from the battery pack. The EPA also updated their range testing guidance to ensure sticker estimates for all manufacturers more closely reflect real-world range, impacting previous range estimates for all manufacturers, not just Tesla.

To update your design, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select ‘Update Design’ by January xx, 2024.

If we do not hear from you by January xx, 2024, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. We will automatically cancel your order and refund your order fee.

Thank you for supporting the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
I have not even though the email makes sense. Instead, I just received a "schedule" message via app messaging this morning.

I am speculating the reason being you are getting a 24 whereas I am getting a 23 based on assigned VIN.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240106_090629_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240106_090629_Tesla.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 21

Thank you for your Model S order (RNxxxxxxxx) placed on November xx, 2023. We are contacting you to let you know that we do not build the configuration you originally selected. To move forward with your order, please reconfigure your Model S at your earliest convenience.

We received updated EPA range estimates for Model S Plaid that are slightly lower than when you placed your order. This update is a result of several comfort and functionality improvements we’ve made across our vehicles, which require more energy from the battery pack. The EPA also updated their range testing guidance to ensure sticker estimates for all manufacturers more closely reflect real-world range, impacting previous range estimates for all manufacturers, not just Tesla.

To update your design, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select ‘Update Design’ by January xx, 2024.

If we do not hear from you by January xx, 2024, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. We will automatically cancel your order and refund your order fee.

Yes I got the same email. I essentially had to "re-order." What was interesting was that the white interior was no longer an option (I think it was an option when I initially ordered?).

Order date: Oct 22/2023
New updated EDD: Jan 27-March 9
Details: MSP, 19 inch, Round wheel, Black interior, no autopilot

Reactions: iHateWaiting
Yes I got the same email. I essentially had to "re-order." What was interesting was that the white interior was no longer an option (I think it was an option when I initially ordered?).

Yep, I ordered around then as well, and recall white interior was definitely an option.

Something really suspicious.
It makes no sense for plaid to remove the white interior when the MS LR still has it. Something isn't lining up because that's not the way Tesla will do things. If interior are identical, they will be offered.

MS LR 21" gained EPA range, so at least the MS LR in general was re-evaluated for 2024. So that implies (if anything) they are making 2024 MS LR and MSP models.

But white interior being removed in MSP only?.. MSP moving to different seats?

It makes no sense for plaid to remove the white interior when the MS LR still has it. Something isn't lining up because that's not the way Tesla will do things. If interior are identical, they will be offered.

MS LR 21" gained EPA range, so at least the MS LR in general was re-evaluated for 2024. So that implies (if anything) they are making 2024 MS LR and MSP models.

Sports seats.... ? 👀

Reactions: aerodyne and teko

That is the email you get if you are going to get a 2024 VIN. (Assuming you accept the changes.)

Yep.

Yep. I just got the same email.

I got the email and I went ahead and accepted the changes. Before accepting the changes my estimated delivery date was today through January 26th. During the "acceptance" process they stated that delivery would be Jan - Feb 2024. However, after completing the "updated design" my delivery date immediately changed to February 1 through March 14.

If anyone else has accepted the updated design please post what happens to your dates.

Can I ask what that January xx, 2024 is?
I'm wondering if everybody got yhe same Target date.

Thanks

Interesting that the email about the Model S configuration basically requires you to place the order all over again the same as when you built the car initially to place your order. I wonder if the timeliness of completing the new order changes your place in the queue.
I completed my acceptance of the changes within 90 minutes of the email coming out and even though my order number from December 2nd stayed the same my estimated delivery is now February 1st through March 14. Mine moved significantly back just from accepting the update.

To make matters worse the time quoted for a brand new Plaid order says January through February ... So, will I get my order sooner if I place a new order 🙄 /s

The white interior in the Plaid is not identical to the LR.

I updated my order with white interior for my MSP. It’s still an option. Would be cool if we had sport seats.

I updated my order with white interior for my MSP. It’s still an option. Would be cool if we had sport seats.
I just checked as well and both white and cream were an option for plaid on the order update page. Jason Beiko, can you check your configuration again? Maybe it was a glitch in the system or maybe you caught them between updates. It seems like these last couple updates to their website have been a rush job.