Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't buy PPF for investment protection. I bought it to keep the car looking good. All my cars have always lived in the garage and washed weekly. This will just keep the paint looking really good for a long time. I don't intend on getting money out of it ever. Maybe my reasons for doing PPF are a bit different than others.
I was the same way. I don't really care about resale, I just want my car to keep looking nice.

I didn't buy PPF for investment protection. I bought it to keep the car looking good. All my cars have always lived in the garage and washed weekly. This will just keep the paint looking really good for a long time. I don't intend on getting money out of it ever. Maybe my reasons for doing PPF are a bit different than others.

It's really hard to keep cleaning the bugs off of the front lights and bumper. PPF makes it easy. I recommend at least doing the front and mirror caps.

After almost 11k miles, I have a total of 6 chips, very small, but not sure if PPF would have stopped them.

2 more on windshield, also small. All chips less than 1mm diameter.

Car stays in garage, covered, and wiped down with MF towels and Meguiars detail spray. Have not washed it in almost a year.

Does anyone know if putting an order/reservation on hold or using the single VIN rejection void the FUSC transfer promotion?

I texted the above question to the SA number this morning and so far radio silence. I might as well have also asked how to get all season tires versus summer tires for a 19" based Plaid being delivered mid winter... lol

Does anyone know if putting an order/reservation on hold or using the single VIN rejection void the FUSC transfer promotion?

I texted the above question to the SA number this morning and so far radio silence. I might as well have also asked how to get all season tires versus summer tires for a 19" based Plaid being delivered mid winter... lol
I believe it does. We are so close to the end of the year and you have to take delivery by the end of the year (unless it is delivered after Dec 31st because of Tesla issues, not you rejecting the car). I'd just keep your current delivery if you want the Supercharging to transfer over.

Reactions: BCCA and aerodyne
I would be so upset if I got a 2023 VIN and had to wait another half year... down sides of being a Canadian tesla owner
I know people get worked up about the VIN year but if you keep the car long enough, doesn't really matter. One advantage to getting it later is you might get that front bumper camera. That would matter more to me than VIN year.

I know people get worked up about the VIN year but if you keep the car long enough, doesn't really matter. One advantage to getting it later is you might get that front bumper camera. That would matter more to me than VIN year.
Agreed - it just feels bad getting a "2023" car in the middle of 2024 is all... I would certainly like to get that front bumper camera and the sports seats, if they're happening

Reactions: dsm363
I would be so upset if I got a 2023 VIN and had to wait another half year... down sides of being a Canadian tesla owner
I'm not from Canada but I would be surprised if it was even remotely possible for you to get a 2023 VIN that far into 2024. Even if they made the car on December 31st they could still get it through customs and deliver it well before April 9th. So with a delivery date that late I'm sure they are planning on building next year.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
I'm not from Canada but I would be surprised if it was even remotely possible for you to get a 2023 VIN that far into 2024. Even if they made the car on December 31st they could still get it through customs and deliver it well before April 9th. So with a delivery date that late I'm sure they are planning on building next year.
Totally understand. Getting a later VIN might help a bit but hopefully you get that camera. I really wanted that but couldn't delay since Tesla put such a tight window on the Supercharging transfer. It's a nice car though. Lots of improvements in the last 12 years.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iHateWaiting
Out of curiosity, does anyone have an estimated delivery date that ends in January? If so, can you share if you have an order for a dual motor or a Plaid? I find it interesting that my estimated delivery date changed from December 25 - December 31
and now the estimated delivery date has been updated to December 31 - February 4. It almost seems like the December 31st date is wishful thinking on Tesla's part and if February was more accurate then they may not be making any Model S or Model S Plaid cars right after the new year.

Would it be too hopeful to think that maybe they are retooling or maybe even waiting for those new Plaid seats that were leaked a couple months ago? 🤔😉

Out of curiosity, does anyone have an estimated delivery date that ends in January? If so, can you share if you have an order for a dual motor or a Plaid? I find it interesting that my estimated delivery date changed from December 25 - December 31
and now the estimated delivery date has been updated to December 31 - February 4. It almost seems like the December 31st date is wishful thinking on Tesla's part and if February was more accurate then they may not be making any Model S or Model S Plaid cars right after the new year.

Would it be too hopeful to think that maybe they are retooling or maybe even waiting for those new Plaid seats that were leaked a couple months ago? 🤔😉
Mine was Dec 7 - Dec 25 or so, and recently changed to Feb - Apirl 2024. It was ordered in Oct 13 2023, and is a stealth grey plaid (Canada)

I don't see any EDD in my app or website since my order came off hold. Interesting. Where was it listed again? Am I just missing it?
As soon as I open the app it shows the estimated delivery date right below the image of the car.
1000014803.jpg