Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up today. Lot of people there but I had help right away. Car was charging so I waited for ten minutes to just get a bit more mileage, though I didn't need it.

Cars in perfect condition. Drive home I found 2 rattles which I'll have them fix, but this is one awesome car. The person also showed me their internal screen which confirmed all the details I wanted - AP4.0, Pheonix radar, etc. Somehow my car was build just 2 days ago too...

The yoke is interesting. Awesome on freeway, not so awesome on internal curvy roads. Suspension is fantastic, miles better than 3/Y and outside noise is non existent until 90mph

To my surprise, the glass from the cluster goes all the way to the right of passenger. I can't tell if there is a screen behind it or not, but it looks very cool. Haven't seen this before.

Car came with continental tires. Not sure if good or bad, but took it.
I remember reviewers complaining about the outside noise, has it gotten better? Is that a recent improvement they've made?

Reactions: Propofoln
How are #2 and #3 a yoke issue? The same problems exist with the round steering wheel.
Even #1 is not an issue (for me).

it kinda Scares me that you lack these abilities with pilot in your username. I would prefer the horn in the center, but I have adapted. Give yourself a little more time And don’t be so hard on yourself.
It is not that he is hard on himself - he is just better than the rest of us.

I remember reviewers complaining about the outside noise, has it gotten better? Is that a recent improvement they've made?
This is my first S, so can't compare to other models except 3/Y. All I can say is that it's as quiet as I've witnessed in MB, BMW, etc. at 90mph, it's hardly audible and I can easily listen to music at volume level 3

it kinda Scares me that you lack these abilities with pilot in your username. I would prefer the horn in the center, but I have adapted. Give yourself a little more time And don’t be so hard on yourself.
We’ve had five MS’s with yokes.

Human Factors defects extant in these cars will not improve with time….

The joke of the yoke needs to go.

Per my recent experience, and an updated note on the Tesla info site, Tesla is making it difficult to see the actual build specs for a given car.

Take an actual new inventory MSLR in Burbank today with 4 miles. Same car on Tesla info site shows all kinds of detail, AP4, new radar, etc, but I can't find any of this on the Tesla page source code any more.

Apart from new cameras, clearer roof, and updated rear screen, and tailgate trim, who knows if there is any advantage to AP4 and radar. Remember how much better AP1 was under Mobile Eye compared to AP 2.

I think it is possible Tesla has to settle regulatory action and some lawsuits before they release the firmware to enable AP4 and Radar. JMHO.

Reactions: AMPd and Vikings_DK
I've never loved a product and employees at a company while at the same time infuriated with the way i'm treated sometimes as I am with Tesla. They've typically always done right by me, but they also tried $5000 lower trade in, in addition to fighting me every step of the way on a $250 deposit I placed on a vehicle using apple pay, which attached it to my apple id email that is not the same as my Tesla account. After I ordered and took delivery on my Model S on the correct account, there's no solution for the incorrect account's $250 deposit, no supercharging credits, not even winter floor mats. lol.