Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the new HW4 cameras may actually be 2 cameras+another sensor. Legacy reaper is calling.

There was a rumor floating around that Tesla is just using the existing housing and putting in a dud camera to fill the space as they transition to a two-camera front system. That would be pretty embarrassing. Like those fake CCTV cameras people put up outside their businesses! Will have to wait and see if that's true.

I'm pissy because all the data was provided above, in the prior post, with a CLOSE-UP even. If you can't see the tail light misalignment, I don't know what to tell you?

1678251859289-png.915151
I can see this and agreed it isn't acceptable, it's the other things you're talking about that nobody else can see but you. Just take a deep breath and remember it's a mass produced car and none of this is serious enough to be keyboard warrioring

I can see this and agreed it isn't acceptable, it's the other things you're talking about that nobody else can see but you. Just take a deep breath and remember it's a mass produced car and none of this is serious enough to be keyboard warrioring
The whole point of this forum is to voice opinions and provide evidence. I did both. Also, disagree on the bolded/italicized part of your comment.

Carry on, good sir!

Same here...
Jeeeeez that looks bad. Whose car is tha... ohh... sorry... my bad...

Seriously, it pisses me right off seeing these shoddy jobs. Who at Tesla is signing off on these cars, anyway? You can see on your car there's no way to get that closer, either. You're already reaaaaally close to the bumper where the bottom of that hatch lid left side sits, by comparison to the right side... oh... yeah... panel gap? Now THAT's a panel gap I couldn't care about. The tail lights, though? I lie awake at night. I actually don't use my trunk anymore so I don't have to see the rear of my car. True story.

Well, it could be true. It's not actually true.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m just really sleepy but the color of my red Model S looks much deeper on the order page (& Tesla app) compared to a few days ago, lol.

Almost like the midnight cherry color.. yeah, I must be dreaming.

Attachments

• 0E37E57D-F45A-42C8-812F-28912B655F32.jpeg
    0E37E57D-F45A-42C8-812F-28912B655F32.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 23AD0DD5-C8CD-4F64-9FB1-0E9BAEBAA540.jpeg
    23AD0DD5-C8CD-4F64-9FB1-0E9BAEBAA540.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Funny
Reactions: liludiivert
PTSD with the tail light/trunk alignment on the refresh S in the garage, too. Someone needs to call Tesla out for this BS. They still can’t align the MAJORITY of the rear ends of these cars.

For those that say theirs is fine, post pictures! I’d say 9 out of 10 are misaligned and CANNOT be fixed without major bodywork/adjustment.

The funny thing is if people stopped taking delivery of these new S cars until Tesla actually made an effort on the rear end, you can bet your booty they’d bother to fix it.

Here’s a nice new one recently delivered to Germany. Classy, Tesla. Classy.

View attachment 915151

From this video at 3:53

Hey William, mine looked a lot like what you have pictured here, I was able to get it closer with some of the adjustments from the bushings inside the trunk, so it is only off a bit. When I get mine back from the shop I will attach a picture. It isn't perfect, but it is close if I recall correctly. Ironically I had to take mine back into the SC for 7 items, one which was trunk alignment because it made a horrible creaking noise when opening. The tech was nervous because (from what he said) there is only about 1mm of adjustment that can be done without extensive work... and it did work.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Hey William, mine looked a lot like what you have pictured here, I was able to get it closer with some of the adjustments from the bushings inside the trunk, so it is only off a bit. When I get mine back from the shop I will attach a picture. It isn't perfect, but it is close if I recall correctly. Ironically I had to take mine back into the SC for 7 items, one which was trunk alignment because it made a horrible creaking noise when opening. The tech was nervous because (from what he said) there is only about 1mm of adjustment that can be done without extensive work... and it did work.
Yeah you can’t fix it fully without body work. Shame. Oh, and my trunk creaks a bit from the strut (I think) every now and then as it reaches max open or just starts to close. I live with it.

• Helpful
Reactions: K.I.T.T.23