Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just stalked my car out at the Tesla SC. It's right there - arrived yesterday, but the Delivery guys don't schedule pickups on Monday. Haha! So close...

Attachments

• 1627930387301.png
    1627930387301.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 141
I have been waiting for someone to comment on the torque vectoring. Thank you @lolachampcar for addressing this issue. I’m hoping that when my refresh model X arrives we will be close to the software update that brings torque vectoring into the mix. Potentially the most underrated feature!
It is fairly easy and safe to see what it is doing on hard acceleration. I'm still working up the nerve to see how it performs on braking/corner entry :0

Wow, I called USAA and they didn't offer me that. I think I owe them a nasty phone call!!! Good info! Thank you.
USAA gave me 1.89% 60 month. Loan expires the day I am scheduled to pick up. Tesla will have to submit the form quickly to get their money!! LOL
@SoCalrancher I appreciate you. The USAA website is now showing a 1.89%. Which I fully intend to take advantage of --- IF I ever get my car that is. I was going with Alliant at 2.25-2.49 and the 1.89 will be helpful. I wasn't going to go "backwards" to any banks that I had already contacted because I got frustrated with the process a few months ago.

@SoCalrancher I appreciate you. The USAA website is now showing a 1.89%. Which I fully intend to take advantage of --- IF I ever get my car that is. I was going with Alliant at 2.25-2.49 and the 1.89 will be helpful. I wasn't going to go "backwards" to any banks that I had already contacted because I got frustrated with the process a few months ago.

Do you need to open a savings account or whatever - with USAA? I may go the same route.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
2603 for me.

Do you need to open a savings account or whatever - with USAA? I may go the same route.
I guess you'd have to be a USAA member. I've been with USAA since the early 90s. But their criteria to join has "softened" a lot in the past few years. I'd def look into it. I've never had a bad experience with them and I have financed damn near everything I've ever owned through them and all my insurance is with them. SEND PICS of that beast when you get it!! Congrats.

Refresh owners-
My left front forward inner wheel liner kept poking back past the fender lip every time the breeze got over about 100 mph (you know, we have hurricanes down here). I had the tires off this weekend and noticed there were no clips holding the liner to the chassis. I went down to the SC and, when asked which clips they were, I walked over to a MLR being prep'd (gorgeous white/cream/wood on 21s at WPB for some lucky owner) and tried to show the service rep what was missing on my car. Well, they were missing on that one too. They are push snaps and they are in place on the right side of both the white car and mine but missing front left. Please check your cars.
It took me two minutes to install these with the tires on the car.
Clips.JPG

Adding another data point here. I'm in the RN1147 group and my delivery estimate updated this morning to "August." My specs are LR Solid Black with all black interior and 19" wheels being delivered to western Pennsylvania. For what it's worth, I've also added FSD, but I can't see why something purely software would affect delivery times unless "revenue earned" is a prioritization factor.

The "Data.Registration" object within my account page's source code has "vehicleMapId": 2826xxxx element, but no VIN listed. I'm not sure if these have any predictive power. If you're interested in getting that data point, you can do the following:
  • Open the console
    • Chrome: Command + Option + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Firefox: Command + Shift + J on a Mac, Control + Shift + J on a PC
    • Safari: Option + Command + C
  • Type in Tesla.ProductF.Data.Registration.result.vehicleMapId and press enter.
You'll either get a number or undefined, depending on whether the value is there. Would be curious where others who have recently updated delivery estimates land.
2611, feels like it is order date related.

Can also just view source code, press control f, enter "vehiclem". Jumps right to the value.

You got any more pictures with the 20s on there? What offset are those wheels, BTW?
That was my previous P90DL (the pic I posted earlier was these same rims on my Plaid).
These rims are 20x9 35mm offset. 2090NUR355120Z76
I have 20x10s on the way with 275 rubber. They are 35mm offset. 2010NUR355120Z76
Another poster was kind enough to provide a link to will they fit dot com which has a great visualization tool.
1627931589710.png

1627931604820.png

Refresh owners-
My left front forward inner wheel liner kept poking back past the fender lip every time the breeze got over about 100 mph (you know, we have hurricanes down here). I had the tires off this weekend and noticed there were no clips holding the liner to the chassis. I went down to the SC and, when asked which clips they were, I walked over to a MLR being prep'd (gorgeous white/cream/wood on 21s at WPB for some lucky owner) and tried to show the service rep what was missing on my car. Well, they were missing on that one too. They are push snaps and they are in place on the right side of both the white car and mine but missing front left. Please check your cars.
It took me two minutes to install these with the tires on the car.
View attachment 691139
Are there three clips per wheel well?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
2611, feels like it is order date related.

Can also just view source code, press control f, enter "vehiclem". Jumps right to the value.
Boring day today so I was poking around and found the field lastUpdateDatetime near the vehiclemapid. Mine says the last update was 7/7 - I haven't touched a single element of my car since placing the order in late May, so this seems like it could be Tesla side. If so, then it would indicate that all the EDD movement is irrelevant.

I just stalked my car out at the Tesla SC. It's right there - arrived yesterday, but the Delivery guys don't schedule pickups on Monday. Haha! So close...
I was told by my SC that if the car arrives today and they can wash it, then I could pick it up tonight. Might be region specific, but maybe something to help you get the car today/tomorrow. So close!

Are there three clips per wheel well?
There are more I think but the three that were missing on my car and the car being prep'd for delivery were the ones on the leading edge of the left front wheel. I'll go shoot a pic.

Clip location.JPG

There is an air intake on the right and left front of the bumper that feeds air to the front of the front wheel. The two of the clips were right along the side of this vent through the fender liner (thus the liner being pushed back at speed) while the third was farther up the liner towards the top.