Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping/praying that the AC works like "normal cars." In Texas we have Spring for a week, Summer lasts a week, WE ARE IN THE HOTTEST DEPTH OF HELL for months, then this thing they call Winter which is just another version of Hell but cold :(
Never been so glad to have A/C in Portland OR than a month ago, never had anything like this up here. This is hot where ever you live. Had to use my smoker thermometer, our window one didn’t go that high. That is in the shade BTW.

Attachments

• 41AFF5E7-4680-4FAF-908A-17170E327E5A.jpeg
    41AFF5E7-4680-4FAF-908A-17170E327E5A.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 75
Never been so glad to have A/C in Portland OR than a month ago, never had anything like this up here. This is hot where ever you live. Had to use my smoker thermometer, our window one didn’t go that high. That is in the shade BTW.
Wow, yeah, that's insane. I've been in the desert in S.Cal, Iraq and Afgh in those temps but I can't imagine that in the NE USA

We’ll folks I’m out of here. I decided to go with the EQS when it’s available. Meantime I bought a Mustang Mach e to tide me over. It’s a nice car and I’m enjoying it.

I’ve really enjoyed this forum. It’s been very informative.

Good luck to all of you. I hope you get your MS soon.
Sorry to hear that bro. I am here for the long haul.

The agony of no EDD and the sharpness of the emotions attached to the anticipation are exquisite.

I know, with certainty, that the vehicle will be worth the wait. My memory of that wait will be transformed in an instant, when I first sit in that car. (something akin to a necessary evil)

Today, I will say I am weary of the wait. I do know I am willing to wait longer.

Psst... Elon, where is my car?

Yes. The hardware is in the car. The ANC mics are in the car. The improvements that will be seen in the next year will be mostly software. New tall lights, maybe - but maybe not. Not going to live in the What if and maybe later. Enjoying the purchase now. But even before taking delivery, the thoughts crossed my mind but my answer stayed the same.

Tail and Front lights. I’m willing to wait until Q1 for both.

That red logo is a bit unsettling. Gloss black on the other hand....

Indeed.

Yeah and it looks like it was done with a paint marker. I hope that is just because of the light, because if you paid that much for this car and then went all kindergartener on the logo...

WTH. It does look like marker. It certainly is not uniform.

Some people when they're just getting started with Tesla feel more comfortable having their Tesla mimic their ICE car, but they should just relearn how the accelerator works instead. IMO.

It was only way I could acclimate my wife to the BEV. Made X run as close to ICE then weaned her off one aspect at a time. Now she be a one pedal queen.

I was 20-30 pages behind so gave up and jumped to current.

I have to disagree with this. They sent me a trade-in offer for the value of my model 3 Performance and sent me directly to their website where it said I could order a plaid and get it within the period the appraisal was valid. If they fail to deliver it in that time period it seems that they are clearly in breach. I would see there being two possible remedies. First, they could offer me the same or more appraised value when they reevaluate the trade in or, second, they could refund my money. I'm not worried about this yet but I would have no issue disputing the card that I used for the hundred bucks for filing a small claims court case demanding they do one of those two things.
It seems to me they would refund the money before they spent thousands in lawyers just to have me go before a sympathetic judge who would see a company taking money but not delivering a vehicle. Again, I'm speaking in general and I'm very optimistic my car will come before the appraisal expires.
I understand what you are saying. I would urge you to look closely at the documents. I can't imagine a scenario where Tesla isn't protecting themselves against the trade-in being tied to the delivery of the vehicle. In actuality, I suspect they have given themselves an out (to possibly pay you less money) in the (likely) event delivery occurs months after the appraisal timeframe. I'm not saying it's right, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if that's how the documents read. If I'm you, I'd want to know now how Tesla plans to deal with this.

I understand what you are saying. I would urge you to look closely at the documents. I can't imagine a scenario where Tesla isn't protecting themselves against the trade-in being tied to the delivery of the vehicle. In actuality, I suspect they have given themselves an out (to possibly pay you less money) in the (likely) event delivery occurs months after the appraisal timeframe. I'm not saying it's right, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if that's how the documents read. If I'm you, I'd want to know now how Tesla plans to deal with this.
The official “out” is reevaluation (or rather, “revaluation”) at time of delivery... It’s why I was so pi$$ed off, re the instant bait and switch discussion earlier. No, I don’t have plans to hire a lawyer or sue…

I think almost universally the disgruntled feelings come from absolute zero information from a company selling $130K cars. I think almost everyone here would be chill if they just came out and said your car will be here in x number of months, guaranteed. I even think most people would be okay with them telling us we have no idea when we can get your car, but we have a fair system in place to assure they are given out based on the time you had to wait.

Most people here are extremely angry that a car, that cost as much as a first house 30 years ago, is being treated like you are in line to buy a T-shirt at the end of a rock concert.

And as for SFLgator, he has a short fuse and an arrogant way of trying to tear people down that don't agree with things he values. If he found his experience here to be unhealthy, that's outstanding.
Hard to argue with any of this. I haven't been here long enough to understand forum personalities, but I really try not to take things personally. Everyone is pissed. I get that. I just think b!tching and moaning doesn't really accomplish anything outside of raising one's blood pressure.

Last edited:
The official “out” is reevaluation (or rather, “revaluation”) at time of delivery... It’s why I was so pi$$ed off, re the instant bait and switch discussion earlier. No, I don’t have plans to hire a lawyer or sue…
This is a different discussion IMO. Bad press isn't a good thing for any company. If Tesla is regularly reneging on appraised trade-in values as a result of their inability to deliver vehicles, then the negative press could definitely hurt the brand.

The question to be answered is what percentage of their sales include trade-ins? Which is to say is this pervasive or does it only affect a small number of their sales?

Where in east Texas? I’m from there too. May be we know each other lol
PM me, it won't let me. Apparently a thousand posts won't let me PM yet. LOL. Not to be too specific, but an hour north of Tyler, or a little closer to home, 30 mins north of Lindale!! Wood County County Seat. The town where when I stop at Brookshires in a Tesla I'll get stared at like I just rode a spaceship into town :)

Well folks I’m out of here. I decided to go with the EQS when it’s available. Meantime I bought a Mustang Mach e to tide me over. It’s a nice car and I’m enjoying it.

I’ve really enjoyed this forum. It’s been very informative.

Good luck to all of you. I hope you get your MS soon.
@TDud

Proof that you didn't belong on this forum in the first place.

Hard to argue with any of this. I haven't been here long enough to understand forum personalities, but I really try not to take things personally. Everyone is pissed. I get that. I just think b!tching and moaning doesn't really accomplish anything outside of raise one's blood pressure.
Says a lot about a person when they continue to talk sh!t about you even though you haven’t been around in many weeks or months even. You haven’t insulted them but yet they talk about you negatively and continue trying to justify their pettiness and immaturity. This is the reason I have a few TMC members on my “ignore” list. The “Jester” is one of them; he’s immature and likes to poke at people he doesn’t know personally. He talks like a very bright guy, although I’m not sure how much of a real car enthusiast he is, considering his last DD vehicle was 27+ years old. I guess he doesn’t drive much or possible get out much? Don’t know. Not my problem.

Most people here on TMC are either experienced Tesla fans/owners and/or sports car/other car enthusiasts who have driven a multitude of vehicles over the years. The Tesla Model S Plaid will be my first Tesla although it will be my 2nd EV. I’ve owned/driven many different vehicles that have ranged from Porsche, MB AMG, JLR, BMW, to a niche (and quite performance modified) sports car like the Nissan GT-R. If “Jester” doesn’t like me, that’s superb, I don’t care; to me, he’s just an obnoxious and childish “bot” posting snotty comments on an online forum. But, the last thing I want to see & deal with in my day when seeking (and supplying) information about a car online, is a man-child who acts out for attention. There’s a reason why his profile pic is what it is; that’s what jesters do.

Anyway, please let me and a thousand other people on TMC know how we can help you get through to the end of your Tesla Model S ordering/delivery journey; it continues to be a wild ride even without driving the car yet. 😉