Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know what motivates someone to buy a 3m$ car. I think some of it is just to show off to his friends as most of these cars barely get driven at all. Top speed for sure, bragging rights are super important.

But imagine young billionaire dude gets his Chiron out for a ride with young Victoria Secret super model and gets beaten off a stop light by a middle age dude with his whole family in the car. Top model laughs all the way to the mansion at how the kids were waving goodbye from the back window….

When Bugatti are beaten by the latest McLaren it doesn’t bruise the ego that much, but a family sedan?
If you were in your plaid and some kid rolled up on you in his AWDcivic hatchback and took your lunch money would you give a *sugar*? Or would you go “eh it’s still a civic “ ?

For car guys it’s more than just speed. Most enjoy the visceral experience. Speed is only part of the equation. Air cooled Porsche are dogshit slow compared to modern day cars and yet still have a tremendous following.

For me the plaid is the ultimate daily driver, but I’ll still have weekend fun cars. The plaid doesn’t check all the boxes for me, that I’d give up everything.

Uhm, no. They have no clue. I promise you. Plus outside of California you almost never see one. There are plenty of babes elsewhere who wouldn't give 2 ****s. Wouldn't recommend.
I don’t know. I feel like even non super model regular chicks are well aware of anything that’s expensive. They can even pick out a $500 jacket out of a crowd where I can’t tell a difference between a legit and a knock off 😅😅

What are the odds that Tesla execs are like “uhm how about we deliver all the full priced cars with highest upgrades and most expensive color choices, screw the guys with base options and/or incentives/discounts”
Pretty good, as they're publicly traded. While Elon is a guy with long-term vision, they have to make those quarterly numbers too.

It was simple for me.
Convert to Plaid and you will get delivery in June. There was no need to discuss priority or place in line. I did not ask.
Was simple but different for me. Got the call In early June asking if I wanted to switch from Plaid+ to Plaid, but I said no. Then Plaid+ got cancelled. Was thinking about switching anyway but noticed my account on Jun 17 showed it had already switched to Plaid. So I just filled out loan and trade-in info, and saw “July” expected delivery. But it’s been blank now for almost 2 weeks.

Highly doubt those models or instagram “models” care about your vehicles performance. They care more about status and money. You think they look at a guy with a Tesla and a guy with a Bugatti and go “yeah I’ll go with the Tesla guy, his car is faster!”
Oh absolutely. I think the model will just laugh at her boyfriend that bragged about having the fastest car in the world beaten by a family sedan though. I never implied she’d dump him for the middle aged man and his family.

that model also doesn’t care much about the dude either. If he wasn’t super rich she’d dump him in a minute. As long as everyone knows the rules no one gets hurt.

San Francisco Federal Credit Union is running a special whereby they’re offering an extra percentage point off for loans on electric vehicles. This means that their already-low rate of 2.24% over 48 months is now 1.24%. No prepayment penalty or other crazy fees. Only catch is, you have to live or work in San Francisco. Gotta love living in progressive cities :)
I'll take 7.5% before I live there :)

Uhm, no. They have no clue. I promise you.

25B4BF07-998E-41DB-844F-A55CA2BB471C.jpeg

OMG funny.
You've actually proven the counterpoint to the question with your own arguments.

The guy in the Chiron, and his girl are very much in their own world. Neither wants to switch anything with the family and their sedan. There's a little bit of Chevy Chase and the 'girl in the Ferrari' from Vacation here. Just that the family car is now faster and nicer, but it's no Chiron to some.

[disclosure: I'd trade my car for either if I could]
Well actually that’s not what I meant. These guys love exclusivity. But I don’t believe they buy a Chiron solely for that. They must love performance a bit otherwise get a Rolls and a chauffeur.

So a uber rich in his hypercar gets walked by a family sedan full of kids you don’t think he’ll be a bit pissed? I’m not saying he’s gonna trade cars either. But he pays a ton of money for exclusivity and the bragging rights of the fastest car, being walked by a mere peasant in a family sedan is not something that’s supposed to happen in his world.

That being said I’d still take the Plaid over the Chiron simply because I couldn’t afford maintenance on the Chiron (as well as insurance I’m pretty sure). But sure the Chiron is the nicest car no doubt. :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well actually that’s not what I meant. These guys love exclusivity. But I don’t believe they buy a Chiron solely for that. They must love performance a bit otherwise get a Rolls and a chauffeur.

So a uber rich in his hypercar gets walked by a family sedan full of kids you don’t think he’ll be a bit pissed? I’m not saying he’s gonna trade cars either. But he pays a ton of money for exclusivity and the bragging rights of the fastest car, being walked by a mere peasant in a family sedan is not something that’s supposed to happen in his world.

That being said I’d still take the Plaid over the Chiron simply because I couldn’t afford maintenance on the Chiron (as well as insurance I’m pretty sure). But sure the Chiron is the nicest car no doubt. :)
Oh nobody's saying peasant. Said rich dude will be getting a Plaid too. That will be his quick car, that he drives for the laughs he can enjoy.
Thing is though, 98% of the regular people will look at the Chiron and the sedan and make a snap judgement about prestige & speed, doesn't matter to them who's actually got the faster car.

If you were in your plaid and some kid rolled up on you in his AWDcivic hatchback and took your lunch money would you give a *sugar*? Or would you go “eh it’s still a civic “ ?

For car guys it’s more than just speed. Most enjoy the visceral experience. Speed is only part of the equation. Air cooled Porsche are dogshit slow compared to modern day cars and yet still have a tremendous following.

For me the plaid is the ultimate daily driver, but I’ll still have weekend fun cars. The plaid doesn’t check all the boxes for me, that I’d give up everything.
Well I’m a former racer so you’re not asking the right person. Losing is losing. If a guy in a Civic beats me in a straight line that’s one thing. I’d give him props for building a fast car. I wouldn’t trade my car for his. Around a race track, it just never happened yet. But if I was beaten around the track by a Civic, I’d give mad props to the driver. I wouldn’t trade my car for his

I have friends super into air cooled 911s. They are not racer. Not at all. Racers that I know are looking at shavings tenths of seconds. My air cooled friends are in love with nostalgia of old Porsches.

In a perfect world I’d have a GT3RS for the track and a Caterham R500 as a weekend car to go along with the Plaid.