Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps someone here with an active Twitter account (Gabe? or someone else?) can ask Elon Musk directly on Twitter..."why no love for White refresh MS Plaids? Where are all the white MS Plaids Elon?" 🤔☹️
More like where are all the Plaids period. Even in all the videos posted, it seems like 1 out of 20 MS's are plaid. Unless they haven't put the CF spoiler on them, but even then it would be weird to have random ones with the spoiler. Only time will tell what is happening (sigh).

Small update for my 2/5/21 order. Unfortunately, the RM doesn't see any MS Plaid match for my order (color/options in my sig) at this point, so a June delivery, at least for the time being, likely won't happen. I inquired about a possible July delivery (not understanding why it seems Tesla goes from an expected delivery of June to August, mostly skipping July???) but haven't received any response yet on that. The RM did mention that Tesla does manufacturing runs by ext color/int color/upgrades, so it would seem that thus far, they've done huge batches of black & MSM MS LR & Plaids, with a few other color cars mixed in. It's possible they simply won't do the large manufacturing run of white refresh MS Plaids & LRs until June or July which makes for July & August deliveries of those vehicles...all a bit nutty but I really don't know or understand their manufacturing line processes. 🤔
Thanks for posting but I do not like your post. I also ordered the same exact setup - Plaid, white exterior, 21 in wheels, carbon fiber interior/black, and FSD. Looks like we may be waiting for a while. :-(

Thanks for posting but I do not like your post. I also ordered the same exact setup - Plaid, white exterior, 21 in wheels, carbon fiber interior/black, and FSD. Looks like we may be waiting for a while. :-(
I know. I'm not thrilled either; sold my previous EV in March but ever since all the monkeying around with est delivery dates and delays, I've accepted a July or Aug (hopefully July or sooner) delivery. It is what it is. Don't understand their manufacturing process with the colors/options but be prepared for a delivery in July or Aug.

Is there anything to read into the fact that the June 10th thing is a "MS Plaid" event? And they just jammed all the LRs in that parking lot covered in dust. It almost feels like all of the focus is on getting the Plaid fixed and released, and that the LR orders are just going to fall to the back of the queue. It was also strange that they went through a production wave and made all of those broken toys that are just sitting there now, and did not continue production. My 2/3 order has just kept moving to the right, and now I don't have any estimate (not even the words, "Estimated Delivery") and I don't think that is a website error. I almost feel like the LR orders are just going to sit while they fill all of the pre-order Plaid, and converted Plaid+. It would be super sweet if they at least reveal what the master delivery plan ACTUALLY is on the 10th. I would honestly rather them tell me I could pick a date after the latest possible time it could be available. "January of '22" is better than "maybe August of '21, but that might keep moving later," for some people
Perhaps it’s the allocation of a limited resource (part) to higher margin product to attempt to make the quarter cash flow guidance

Absolutely! I should have mentioned this before. Definitely wait till we know all the specifics.
This is why I changed my order from the 19's to arachnids. We just don't know the new widths and offsets and I didn't want to be driving any amount of time on the 19's. From all the pictures and videos, the wheels do seem more flush than ever but I may consider a 5mm spacer if they aren't.

Reactions: JimLL
Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. So I am clearly insane as I just ordered a MY LR to go with my not likely to appear anytime soon MS LR I can now enjoy watching the monkey sugar with me in stereo. If I had to bet the Y is delivered well before the S which was ordered 4 months earlier. I just need something to keep the wall charger company. Suppose I should go and tell the better half that she’s getting a new car, hope she likes blue.

Passed a truckload of new Tesla’s today on I 95 all white but 2. Some but not all ’s

That confirms my suspicion that the S's we see stored near the factory are for local Fremont delivery. Whatever (parts or software) is missing that is delaying deliveries will be addressed by the local service center, and Tesla is in the process of transporting Model S across the country. Folks, keep an eye on storage lots near your local SC.

That confirms my suspicion that the S's we see stored near the factory are for local Fremont delivery. Whatever (parts or software) is missing that is delaying deliveries will be addressed by the local service center, and Tesla is in the process of transporting Model S across the country. Folks, keep an eye on storage lots near your local SC.
There are very few white cars at that Fremont lot. Probably fewer than 5%. Not that many red's either. They are all in need of some parts.