Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My account page has none of these “next steps”. Is that a bad sign?

Nobody knows.

Some people have delivery estimates, some don’t. Some of these people have finished all steps, some live in California, some don’t. Don’t obsess about what your order page says, nobody has any clue what it means or what’s better or worse. Nobody has a VIN. Insurance completion is not supposed to affect timelines.

The only consistency I’ve seen is that most conversion orders do not have a date. New orders are more likely to have something.

Me, MS LR FSD with Arachnids in Colorado, ordered 1/10 converted 1/30, all steps completed,no date.

I more irritated from the delay that I "supposedly" got the best financing offer they have ever seen at 2.04% through Tesla (Chase) and that expires April 18th... hopefully they pull through for me before then, but I know it wont happen, then they will jack my rate back to the normal 2.49 or whatever.

I more irritated from the delay that I "supposedly" got the best financing offer they have ever seen at 2.04% through Tesla (Chase) and that expires April 18th... hopefully they pull through for me before then, but I know it wont happen, then they will jack my rate back to the normal 2.49 or whatever.

I just refreshed my financing (also Chase through Tesla) last week and got 1.85%. Yes, required another inquiry, but the rate went from 2.19 to 1.85. Although now I’m not sure if my new 5/15 expiration will even cover it...

Reactions: doubleshot
I just refreshed my financing (also Chase through Tesla) last week and got 1.85%. Yes, required another inquiry, but the rate went from 2.19 to 1.85. Although now I’m not sure if my new 5/15 expiration will even cover it...
That's great. I knew they were full of *sugar*, but thanks for confirming. Good to hear it went down on yours - happy for you. I would hope 5/15 will cover it. I plan to refresh mine on 4/17 to give me max time until 6/17.

I have a FICO score of 800 and got offered 2.49% using Wells Fargo through Tesla. Do you have an 850+ credit score? How did you get such a low rate? Have rates gone down since the beginning of February?

Just to add a bit more optimism to this thread. The longer we wait, the better chance for a $7,000 or $7,500 tax credit which may or may not be retroactive to all 2021 EV purchases.
I'm in no hurry to get my S Refresh as there is a learning curve in all assembly type manufacturing, be it Airplanes, Cars or whatever, and manufacturing quality improves as workers move along the learning curve. This may be especially true with the new on screen transmission gear selector and Yoke Steering. I hope Tesla manufactures several thousand Model S before they make mine which was ordered last week.

• Disagree
Reactions: Daniellane and foos
I have a FICO score of 800 and got offered 2.49% using Wells Fargo through Tesla. Do you have an 850+ credit score? How did you get such a low rate?

Not sure, and it's probably hard to quantify. I do have a 820 CS, but I honestly think it's probably because I am buying the new vehicle in one of my business names, and that particular business has all their credit cards with Chase so we are a known risk. Our main card as 125k limit, so I'm sure they weren't worried about a 90k vehicle, but again, hard to know for sure.

I have a FICO score of 800 and got offered 2.49% using Wells Fargo through Tesla. Do you have an 850+ credit score? How did you get such a low rate? Have rates gone down since the beginning of February?

I used a credit union and got 1.65%. roughly 800 credit score. Credit is extremely cheap right now. Just imagine with all this spending inflation $1 in 2025 will be like $.50. perfect time to buy.

I'm in no hurry to get my S Refresh as there is a learning curve in all assembly type manufacturing, be it Airplanes, Cars or whatever, and manufacturing quality improves as workers move along the learning curve. This may be especially true with the new on screen transmission gear selector and Yoke Steering. I hope Tesla manufactures several thousand Model S before they make mine which was ordered last week.
The quality you would get from Tesla is random. I don’t believe that quality swings that much with production timelines no matter what Elon says. I felt bad for folks who waited and waited and had to reject delivery or make compromises.

Contact tesla finance dept and ask to check if you can get better rate...i have seen countless ppl do it get better rate than first given

Reactions: RMG007
According to my SA, yes. I can’t get a quote from Tesla for insurance without a VIN. Mercury, with all my discounts, is quoting over $2k per year if I drive low miles (<7000 a year). No trade-in as I‘m surrendering my current vehicle at the end of its lease. The way things are going, I may have to rent a car to tide me over. I’ve got a Wells Fargo approval which probably expires in a week so there’s nothing for me left to do.

With people I’ve spoken to, Chase is always lower than Wells. Also, they don’t use your raw FICO score - there’s a separate FICO Auto score, and they want to see some paid off auto loans in the past (which I have.) My raw FICO is 790 but FICO Auto was 810. I explicitly asked Tesla and they said with Chase, raw score is not the only determining factor in the rate. Income and down payment also matters a good deal, as well as length of credit history, which was 27 years for me - so YMMV.

I do believe however, from about 6-7 other people I’ve talked to, 2.49 is about as low as Wells goes.

With people I’ve spoken to, Chase is always lower than Wells. Also, they don’t use your raw FICO score - there’s a separate FICO Auto score, and they want to see some paid off auto loans in the past (which I have.) My raw FICO is 790 but FICO Auto was 810. I explicitly asked Tesla and they said with Chase, raw score is not the only determining factor in the rate. Income and down payment also matters a good deal, as well as length of credit history, which was 27 years for me - so YMMV.

I do believe however, from about 6-7 other people I’ve talked to, 2.49 is about as low as Wells goes.
Yeah, Tesla finance just told me that 2.14 is lowest they’ve seen. They also cc’d my SA regarding my delivery when I asked about it in my financing email. I’m sure it will be April-Dec

Reactions: MattCharleston