Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m afraid to edit it myself for fear of losing the $2,000 credit. I want them to edit my order on their end. I guess that’s my question. Has anyone who ordered pre-refresh had their Account Order page updated on the backend....by Tesla, not by editing the order themselves?

Before I did the online update, I spoke with my Tesla rep who advised that the $2,000 discount would not take effect until after the VIN was assigned. BTW, the new order agreement shows the date of my reconfiguration, not the original date, BUT is has the same reservation number as the original. I think that will assure they have a trail of breadcrumbs to show I ordered before the refresh and am eligible for the credit.

Reactions: hopedope
Thanks for that info all. I just spoke to my Advisor again and he said I can make the changes like you all did and it won’t affect the credit. He isn’t sure how some have had the changes made on Tesla’s end. I fell like you all....the breadcrumb trail is there and there shouldn’t be an issue getting the credit.

Thanks! Awesome forum!

How are you guys getting your Account Order page updated with the new S? Mine still shows the old S I ordered and my Advisor said they won’t update the Account page until March. I don’t have any order email, order screen, nothing showing my confirmed new Model S order. I emailed him the info about the Plaid I wanted, but no “official” confirmation other then his email reply saying, “OK”.

Is this legit when buying a $130,000 car?
Didn't you know Tesla uses MS Word and Excel spreadsheets to keep track of these things ?

I would never let these guys get away with a simple "ok" e-mail. They can not be trusted. Nor can they be trusted to do the right thing when they screw up.

Reactions: jaguar36
upload_2021-2-2_14-10-55.png

Just got this email! My Tesla account has the new model now. No delivery date though.

• Informative
Reactions: Jarvisd1015
No edit button for me and I reserved on 1/6. The dealer rep called and made the change about four days ago, but the site still has the older configuration. I figured I would give it until the end of this week or so. @hopedope I'm buying. I didn't make financial sense to lease it unless I was placing it in the name of my business. I got a spreadsheet from this forum with damn near every Credit Union in America which was very helpful and the rates are very low.

Before I did the online update, I spoke with my Tesla rep who advised that the $2,000 discount would not take effect until after the VIN was assigned. BTW, the new order agreement shows the date of my reconfiguration, not the original date, BUT is has the same reservation number as the original. I think that will assure they have a trail of breadcrumbs to show I ordered before the refresh and am eligible for the credit.

So, I am able to edit my order that I placed last Fall. How do I know if I get the $2,000 off? Do I need to call Tesla first and then do the edit?

No edit button for me and I reserved on 1/6. The dealer rep called and made the change about four days ago, but the site still has the older configuration. I figured I would give it until the end of this week or so. @hopedope I'm buying. I didn't make financial sense to lease it unless I was placing it in the name of my business. I got a spreadsheet from this forum with damn near every Credit Union in America which was very helpful and the rates are very low.

Hey congrats on ordering your new Model S! I'm getting one as well :)
I'm new to this forum and I couldn't find the interest rates/credit-union spreadsheet that you are referring about. Can you please share it with me?
Is 2.5% via Tesla the best rate available? Or are you guys able to find a better rate elsewhere?

Hey congrats on ordering your new Model S! I'm getting one as well :)
I'm new to this forum and I couldn't find the interest rates/credit-union spreadsheet that you are referring about. Can you please share it with me?
Is 2.5% via Tesla the best rate available? Or are you guys able to find a better rate elsewhere?

Nice, congrats to you as well. You can do better than the 2.5 from Tesla and as with all financing it depends on the terms you are looking for. Below is the spreadsheet.
Tesla car Financing