Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If true, not good. Tesla's service has not been the best, but people have been willing to live with it because the car is so good. If this is a trend and cars have too many bugs in them upon delivery, people are not going to be as understanding.

Sorry to hear about gaswalla's problems, but I hope this is an isolated incident. And I really hope Tesla goes above and beyond to fix those problems.

Sounds like Microsoft's business model.

If true, not good. Tesla's service has not been the best, but people have been willing to live with it because the car is so good. If this is a trend and cars have too many bugs in them upon delivery, people are not going to be as understanding.

I've got to disagree. I talked with my DES on Monday about a TPMS warning message and a bit of dirt on the car when it got here. They're coming out to my house to service the TPMS system on Friday and are giving me a free detail job from a high-end detailer on Saturday. I've never gotten service that good from any other car company.

Got my Canadian Signature Model S this morning at the Toronto Delivery Event. :biggrin:

The delivery event went as follows:
* Show up at 9am, review some paperwork - credit card authorization for winter tires (optional), storage of tires (optional) and licensing fee, hand over financing paperwork (which I pushed them for in advance - you will need drivers license, insurance info and all co-signers present if you do it on site), sign for EV rebate (you will need a void cheque if you want direct deposit)
* Get a tour of the car from top to bottom - also serves as a pre-delivery inspection to ensure everything works, takes about an hour
* Get license plates installed - they ran out of green plates at the MTO so I've got blues for now until Tesla gets word on green plate availability, given an option whether you want the front plate holder installed (I did)
* Get winter tires installed - took a bit longer than expected because they didn't have an impact driver until just as I was leaving

Took about 2.5 hours in total with a bit of waiting because there was only one tech on site to do tires and plates. Quite a few folks from the USA up to help make the delivery events happen. It's a very fluid process still as they work out the kinks. If you are financing please take the time to read over the documents carefully - my payment frequency was incorrect along with a suspicious interest rate entry. Met Doug_G as well just before he set off for Ottawa - hope to hear from him soon about how the ride went!

My TPMS sensor and windsheild washer warning light came on shortly after leaving. Will reach out and stop by tomorrow on the way to work. Gave four co-workers a test drive and showed it off to two others within minutes of getting to my client's office.

Due bill - parcel shelf and green plates. Will update with pics tonight once I get home and put in the Lloyd's Rubbertite floor mats.

I ordered brown and I must say, great pix! Occasionally I second-guess myself, but a pic like this reassures me. I especially like the first one; the car has a vaguely maroon hint (lighting? reflections?) or something. Kinda cool!
I felt like I was going out on a limb with the brown, but got to say that it is quite striking and I've gotten many complements on the color. Works well in the desert but you need to keep it clean just like any dark car.

Anyone know the highest VIN to be started/finished? I'm P3853 VIN 3062, but my car hasn't entered "assembly" yet. Even though I see VIN ~2700 getting specific delivery dates.

According to Tim's spreadsheet I have the only VIN above 3,000. Wondering if I 'just' made it over some arbitrary line. I was told last week that they were doing one last big push of VINs before the end of the year. I think I barely got mine.

Got my Canadian Signature Model S this morning at the Toronto Delivery Event. :biggrin:

Congratulations!!

Due bill - parcel shelf and green plates.

Not being from Canada, I'm curious to know what the green plates mean. Are they like our HOV stickers in California, or something else? And if so, why in the hell is California so dumb?

P#2050 delivered monday night... Chicago... is on spreadsheet, so I won't reiterate details. Not attaching pix because it looks just like Kishdude's, and his pictures say it all... Brown with Tan is a winner, I think. Driving impression: I was happy to get iPhone linked for audio, but I quickly turned it off, because I just get a kick out of hearing..... NOTHING!!!

"Green" plates in Ontario are issued to battery electric vehicles of a certain size. They allow you to drive solo in the HOV lanes and provide parking/charging at some government buildings.

Yeah, see, that's what I thought! Why do I have to festoon my car with stickers for HOV parking and use of public charging stations when the DMV could just issue a specific plate? I've done it for a decade now, but the S is a different beast than the EV-1 or the RAV4.

P51/VIN 1751 Car has been delivered! Everything everyone else has said, but this one is mine so it is even better. Missing items: parcel shelf/spoiler. Came with cubby shelf and front floor mats. Attached is a picture to start. I'm attaching a picture, but have found that pictures don't do this car justice. I find it is my better looking in person.
IMG_1267_resize.jpg

P51/VIN 1751 Car has been delivered! Everything everyone else has said, but this one is mine so it is even better. Missing items: parcel shelf/spoiler. Came with cubby shelf and front floor mats. Attached is a picture to start. I'm attaching a picture, but have found that pictures don't do this car justice. I find it is my better looking in person. View attachment 13191

How much better is the gray in person? I'm just a few weeks from getting mine.