Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CONGRATS VGER!!

Q: You live in Canada and you bought the 21"? I live in NJ and can't decide if I want to risk the money on the 21" or go with 19"

Ha, are you kidding? I can't believe your even thinking about this. I'm down in South Jersey and didn't even think twice. There is NO way I would ever consider getting the 21's. With the amount of rain and snow (except for last year) we get and potholes all over the place ... you'd be replacing those 21's every single year.

P1327 delivered today in Seattle! I think I'm going to call her "Sparky".

Posting from the dash....

Clark W. Griswold would be so proud.
Christmas-Vacation-Clark-Griswold-Lights.jpg

Ha, are you kidding? I can't believe your even thinking about this. I'm down in South Jersey and didn't even think twice. There is NO way I would ever consider getting the 21's. With the amount of rain and snow (except for last year) we get and potholes all over the place ... you'd be replacing those 21's every single year.

That's how Canadian's hang. Where's the fun otherwise? :biggrin:

I plan to use the 21's in the summer and the 19's in the winter. I know there's extra expense involved but I love the 21's. Believe me I have a 650i and have had 4 blow outs and 3 bent rims (Thank God for run flats). Luckily I had wheel insurance and it covered 100% of the cost. It was the best investment ever. I paid $900 for the insurance and so far the total cost is north of $3500 for them. And those were not the larger rims. The 650i is a very heavy car especially the engine. A lot of weight on the front tires. I'm hoping the "S" will not be like that since the weight is distributed throughout the car. We'll see.

Nicoletta in the morning. this is the Black version since it's a bit overcast this am.
Will post a few of the Blue version once the sun comes out.
It really is a chameleon.

Congratulations! My exact build and seeing these pictures eliminates any last hesitation I had about blue with the performance grey wheels. Looks fantastic!

Looks like you also have the tan interior. If you take some pictures of the interior, please post. I think the blue with the tan is a nice combo.

View attachment 12974Nicoletta in the morning. this is the Black version since it's a bit overcast this am.
Will post a few of the Blue version once the sun comes out.
It really is a chameleon.

Absolutely beautiful car! Congratulations and thank you for posting pictures!

BTW, the car matches the house really well -- the paint of the "S" seems to match the house's shutters and IIRC the tan leather is close to the primary paint on the house. Coincidence or did you plan it this way?

Did you wire or mail the payment in full to Tesla? That's the last checkmark in my list before the DS can load the car on the truck for delivery. Waiting for funds to clear and checks to arrive is driving me mad.

Since I took delivery at the Service Center, I didn't need to wire funds ahead of time. I presented payment at the time I took the car.