Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found it encouraging that in this morning's investment call Elon said that he sees no supplier issues now that should prevent them from achieving their end of year run rate.
They are also sticking to the "2,500 – 3,000 Model S deliveries to customers in Q4".

Does this mean P3000 may still get his or her car Feb 2013? When does Q4 end?

Still trying to cope that I won't receive my car before the end of 2012? :'(

Sent from my Venue Pro using Board Express

First, congrats to Elon & all the Tesla folks for the ramp-up! I think will see at least 3,500 cars built in 2012 (and TSLA @ >$36). I just got my VIN this weekend (791) and took a trip to the new Tesla Store in San Diego yesterday. It was showing one of latest cars (a stunning Pearl Whit Performance with the CF spoiler — my config :love:). The fit and finish is the best I’ve seen and the CF spoiler looks awesome: beefier and more hight but shorter length than the one I saw at the OC store "all Sig colors event" (sorry I did not take a picture … maybe a local can post one). The crazy VIN number assignments were due to these types of part shortages. With Vin’s now well into the 900’s see: Welcome to Google Docs

it should be a matter of days now before all the US Sig’s know exactly what is going on with their car.

Last edited:
It's 3,000 total cars so including sigs and rs not just ps. Not sure what p we get to, but maybe around 1500?

The cf spoiler was back ordered and cars were delivered without it so that must be due the higher demand for performance cars,
A lot depends upon the number of cancels/deferrals, 40 and 60KW battery orders (delayed), and when Canadian Sig deliveries start.
There are 1000 US Sigs, 200+ Canadian Sigs and 400+ Rs I think. So, if you just add that all up there are 'potentially' 1600+ cars that need to be built before the US Ps begin.
1000 US Ps would take that number up to 2600+. It looks like 600-800 of those have now been built.
So...I'd guess that if they hit their target of 2500-3000 delivered, the highest P sequence number to be delivered this year will be around 900-1500, give or take a few.
And that's if the stars line up just right.

VIN 832 (S#1161, too) was delivered today. It should be pretty close to finished, I would imagine :)

Wow, happy for you. S#69 (VIN#499) still not delivered yet. Apparently another 10-12 days before it is scheduled to be delivered. And I've been told that this is not one of the dreaded 28 cars (hard to imagine 28 cases being worse than mine). Glad people are getting their cars, but extremely disappointed with my situation.

Wow, happy for you. S#69 (VIN#499) still not delivered yet. Apparently another 10-12 days before it is scheduled to be delivered. And I've been told that this is not one of the dreaded 28 cars (hard to imagine 28 cases being worse than mine). Glad people are getting their cars, but extremely disappointed with my situation.

Good to hear that you will finally be getting yours. I was at Ala Moana today just wishing there would be a Tesla there charging instead of all those Leafs.