Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That seems to be an inordinately long time to be hearing nothing. Have you been in contact with your DS?

I ordered same time and they projected late March from the get go. I looked at the delivery data on the google sheet and while they have said end of March delivery since the beginning I'm one of the longest times confirmation to production, at 56 days, this year. No worries. I've planned around the March delivery and I just went into production today.

Quick post here from Wales in the UK - no, it's NOT in England!! Look on Google maps :)

Picked up my Model S 90D yesterday from the Bristol service centre. I paid my deposit on 30 October and confirmed the spec on 31 October. Because of Tesla's mad push to get as many US cars out as they could in December mine didn't go into production until 28 December. It then got shipped out of the factory on 6 January and onto a boat in Houston TX on 19 January. Arrived in the Tesla European factory in Tilburg, Holland on 3 February was reassembled then shipped over to the UK.

So I've had just over 4 months of reading TMC, our Facebook UK owners group, reading manuals etc. Was it then an anticlimax to actually get the car? Not in the least. She's beautiful and fantastic to drive. I've been fortunate enough to have lots of nice cars over the years including a Ferrari, numerous Porsches including a 911 GT3 but getting and owning this car is the most unique experience.

She's been charging overnight and I can't wait to get out in her this morning :)

Hey everyone, first post for me. I've been enjoying reading all the posts from current and soon to be owners. I must say, the wait has been full of ups and downs- some of the posts about the issues after taking delivery have given me pause. But in the end, I realize the issues could very well be the same with any other car. I've got my charger set up and selected who will be completing my blackout package, window tint and Xpel Ultimate install. Mytesla page just updated this morning to in production. So for all of you west coasters who ordered its time! My stats:

San Diego, CA
MS 60 Midnight Silver
Ordered 12/26, Confirmed 1/2, VIN 1/2
February- early March delivery
In Production 3/4

I'm excited to join the club and can't wait to start grinning!

Hey everyone, first post for me. I've been enjoying reading all the posts from current and soon to be owners. I must say, the wait has been full of ups and downs- some of the posts about the issues after taking delivery have given me pause. But in the end, I realize the issues could very well be the same with any other car. I've got my charger set up and selected who will be completing my blackout package, window tint and Xpel Ultimate install. Mytesla page just updated this morning to in production. So for all of you west coasters who ordered its time! My stats:

San Diego, CA
MS 60 Midnight Silver
In Production 3/4

Congratulations! I’m in San Diego too. I ordered my car in mid February. Ordered on the 9th, confirmed and assigned a VIN on the17th. I’m still waiting for mine to go into production. The wait has been agonising, and I too have been driving myself insane with all the posts, both positive and negative.

May you enjoy your new ride, sooner rather than later!

I knew somebody would call me out about London ONT.
Shortly after my marriage to my American wife, we found ourselves driving down the 401 and stopped for gas. My wife gasped, "Oh, they've got a London paper! Get one for me." I was puzzled at her enthusiasm, but I obliged by purchasing the hefty Sunday edition. Fifteen minutes later down the road, she said, "Oh, this is London Ontario." We laughed out loud. It was only then that I realized what she'd been thinking.

• Funny
Reactions: avesraggiana
Shortly after my marriage to my American wife, we found ourselves driving down the 401 and stopped for gas. My wife gasped, "Oh, they've got a London paper! Get one for me." I was puzzled at her enthusiasm, but I obliged by purchasing the hefty Sunday edition. Fifteen minutes later down the road, she said, "Oh, this is London Ontario." We laughed out loud. It was only then that I realized what she'd been thinking.

Awesome! Hahaha!

San Diego, CA
MS 60 Midnight Silver
In Production 3/4

So what kind of tint are you going with? I'm in the middle of getting quotes for the same thing here.. Tint and Xpel...

So what kind of tint are you going with? I'm in the middle of getting quotes for the same thing here.. Tint and Xpel...
My installer gave me a few options...3M FX-premium, Color Stable and Crystalline. Estimate starts at $325. Black out package (powder coat rims and vinyl wrap chrom trim) $1850-2300. I will most likely go with the Xpel full front end and rocker panels $2300 (includes front bumper, headlights/fog lights, full hood, fell fenders, rocker panels behind rear wheels, mirrors, trunk ledge).

For my garage set up, I bought an extra NEMA 14-50 connector so I could leave one in the car. Thanks to the great ideas posted here and on the Tesla Forum site, I installed a cord organizer and anchor for the charger to keep it neat.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 69
Woop Woop! Ordered on Feb 18th. Production started this past week. Yesterday got an email saying production was finished and to expect delivery between March 22–April 5. Just checked MyTesla page and it's already been updated to "in transit/expected delivery" between March 13–20!

Can't wait to join the family. Super excited!

240 Nema outlet ready. Burning all of my old CDs into .flac for my USB stick. Trying to get everything in order and ready to ride!

Woop Woop! Ordered on Feb 18th. Production started this past week. Yesterday got an email saying production was finished and to expect delivery between March 22–April 5. Just checked MyTesla page and it's already been updated to "in transit/expected delivery" between March 13–20!

Can't wait to join the family. Super excited!

240 Nema outlet ready. Burning all of my old CDs into .flac for my USB stick. Trying to get everything in order and ready to ride!

Congratulations! I hope to be not far behind you. I ordered on February 9th, and got confirmed on February 17th, for an S75D.

Reactions: rahs
Rahs- what was your battery size and feature configuration and color. Mine was confirmed 2-15 started production 3-2 and is still in production.

Obsidian Black
100D
Glass roof
21"
Every option Except rear facing seats.

I got a 60. Standard black, pano roof, ultra high fid sound, Enhancer Autopilot. Yea, was surprised at how quick the turnaround has been (knock on wood).

Also was thinking it might take a little longer than average since they were closing the plant down for a week or so to prepare for the model 3.

Being delivered to the northern NJ service center in Paramus. No sales tax!

It's been interesting watching the spreadsheet for location, model and In Production. Appreciate all who are participating in it. From what everyone has posted knew being on the West Coast and having a lower model number, 75D, we'd be towards the end of the quarter. We were 54 days waiting to go into production, which believe me has seemed like an eternity (ordered last day of 2016). Still see quite a few others here in a similar situation waiting to get started.

We check in on status a couple times a day, and I'm thinking we'll likely see Out of Production on Monday hopefully. Seeing quite a few cars with 3-4 day turnarounds now. Think I recall Musk saying recently they added a third shift but also thinking maybe the line isn't up on Sundays. In the meantime busying ourselves with the manual, forum, electrical, and arranging for film and paint protection. Still have to order a Blackview. We did watch a video last night of a guy in Utah who got truck delivery of his car and have to say it was fun to share in his excitement. We are a bit apprehensive about delivery condition but thinking positively about it. We've had good experiences all along the way.