Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg
Can you show us a picture of your phone inside the dock? Thanks again! I bet you are loving your car. We will for sure see each other driving around Costa Mesa. Mine will be black with grey rims and tinted like crazy!

Don't spend time regretting. There is so little decor, especially with the yacht floor being discontinued. I saw the dark ash in person and I thought initially it was the piano black!

@Ben H .....After seeing both I begged to have my order changed from black ash back to piano for the same reason as your initial instinct. Sleek and tech. No regrets like Bonlaw says, you'll love your car.

LOL.......And I better love the piano because the change (3 days after my confirm) is the reason I am still in the 'to die for' production queue. :mad:

@Ben H .....After seeing both I begged to have my order changed from black ash back to piano for the same reason as your initial instinct. Sleek and tech. No regrets like Bonlaw says, you'll love your car.

LOL.......And I better love the piano because the change (3 days after my confirm) is the reason I am still in the 'to die for' production queue. :mad:

Haha thanks @NikeWings sure I will still love my car to death!

OMG for us in Asia the wait is even more torturing because I have been starting at "built and in transit" with no movement at all to the expected delivery date for since mid-April... and I am likely going to be staring at this for another month and a half...

IT IS KILLING ME... Anyone with midnight grey and 21" silver configuration pls post pics to ease my pain...

OMG for us in Asia the wait is even more torturing because I have been starting at "built and in transit" with no movement at all to the expected delivery date for since mid-April... and I am likely going to be staring at this for another month and a half...

IT IS KILLING ME... Anyone with midnight grey and 21" silver configuration pls post pics to ease my pain...
Your Model S has entered production at our factory in Fremont, California..
When can I realistically expect to pick it up in in Florida?

Check the Excel spreadsheet.

Sounds like it will be a while. You're on the opposite side of the country.

For those that have recently taken delivery did Tesla include the standard swag ? it seems like many have received an umbrella, fob holders, pen, mug, lapel pin etc. just wondering.
You made me go look again, and yes. I didn't see the pin before! I also got a small calendar. Who uses a paper calendar? Lol

Finally heard from my DS:

Your Model S is expected to arrive at our service center over this upcoming weekend. On Tuesday, our service team will perform their inspection of the vehicle to prepare it for delivery. Based on my previous experience, I would anticipate a delivery on Wednesday afternoon would be the earliest available to allow our team to complete their steps necessary. Let me know what your schedule looks like for the end of next week and we can go ahead and schedule in your appointment!

I was hoping for this weekend but I guess I can wait another week:(

Finally heard from my DS:

Your Model S is expected to arrive at our service center over this upcoming weekend. On Tuesday, our service team will perform their inspection of the vehicle to prepare it for delivery. Based on my previous experience, I would anticipate a delivery on Wednesday afternoon would be the earliest available to allow our team to complete their steps necessary. Let me know what your schedule looks like for the end of next week and we can go ahead and schedule in your appointment!

I was hoping for this weekend but I guess I can wait another week:(

I'm scheduled to pick up on Saturday and my car still shows in production. You might be able to ask for a delivery date this weekend unless they receive it on Sunday

Reactions: Flyingdoc
Now that I've entered production, DS told me 8-10 days for factory to release vehicle, then it heads to service department where will they prepare vehicle for delivery, which entails a final inspection and full detail. She will schedule a delivery appointment once my S "progresses to a mid-stage of production." I'm mentally targeting June 8 as my delivery date.

I just noticed you're in Morgan Hill. I work there (telecommute), though I haven't been there in over a year. Next time I'm down there it would be cool to reunite the production line mates, two pearl white refresh 90Ds built the same week in the same place. :)

I told my DS yesterday that June 15 would be most convenient for me and he said no promises, but that's looks doable. Of course something could happen to delay it, but if all works right, June 15 is the date for me.

Sure hope you are right Zoom .... I am lurking and early waiting for to go into production. As much as I try, their sequence makes so little sense. I am a couple of hundred after Jason Shelton and they started his on the 24 ... mine should have been in the line up within a day or two assuming 200 per day. 1409XX Confirmed April 22. They do say 5 weeks so it could still be "on time" other than changing dates from late may/June to Late June /July for some reason! Maybe tomorrow.

Reactions: Jason Shelton

Shame on me, I feel like a spoiled, despicable, instant gratification brat around you international owners......your wait times are truly intolerable. Now where the heck is my friggin' car? LOL

Oh the poor dude needing to walk away after delivery, what a killer.
Hmmmmm. shout to other southern CA immediate gratification seekers| :p Here's a refresh below ready to go.

Hi, a change in circumstances has me walking away from my delivery in San Diego. The car is here and ready for immediate delivery if someone wants to step up and take over my car so I don't lose my deposit, speak up quickly.

It is a new face lift 70d, midnight silver, slipstream wheels, black next generation seats, autopilot, premium interior, body color roof. Payment due is 92,659.00

If you are near San diego and want a car tomorrow, drop me a note to c.crocker at mac dot Com

Skip the line if you are ready.

Last edited: