Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I gave up on the wait this weekend and cancelled my MSLR (VIN and 1 week delivery window that marched forward daily to current date since 2/6). I really needed to replace a totaled vehicle from early Jan.
But I can’t quit this thread— need to see how long Tesla drags this out with the EPA.

Why cancel now? You could still cancel later. You lose the $250 either way no matter when you cancel.

Last edited:
Thought I would add my communication with Tesla about the hold. So many different answers have been given. This was mine today.
IMG_6618.jpeg

Remember the Freemont dusty lot by the train tracks in 2021? They can pile a whole lot more in there.

I'm averaging 239 wh/mi, 251 including stationary since delivery.

I don't think the new LR RR will be much below 400, say 390 miles for the 19" wheels.

It's gonna drop that much in a year or two anyway due to calendar ageing. I'm at 92.6 KwH NFP out of 99.4 KwH on a good day for about 388 RM.

Did we ever figure out what happened with those? I don't recall anyone saying they were delivered a car that was half a year old. I remember while they were there gathering dust, new ones were rolling off the line and being delivered.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Hey, I got a VIN this morning! RF534xxx. March 8-15 EDD.
No price change, still $89k.

However, just now my configuration popped up in inventory as "In Transit" to Raleigh for full price. I wonder if they would sell it off to someone at full price before giving it to me with a discount?

So, I guess that answers the question about why there are so many cars that match people's exact order showing in inventory. Inventory cars are actually cars that customers have ordered.

The rear fenders have factory PPF. At least my 2023 Plaid did. My PPF guy seemed to be aware that it's a thing and noted that he'd remove that when doing the full body ppf
Can I ask you if the full body PPF has protected your vehicle from road rash so far? Also did you install mud guards/flaps?

I also got a full PPF (Xpel) for my MSP I got in early Jan, but I only have a couple hundred miles on it. I have not installed guards/flaps yet.

Reactions: dsm363
No price change, still $89k.

However, just now my configuration popped up in inventory as "In Transit" to Raleigh for full price. I wonder if they would sell it off to someone at full price before giving it to me with a discount?

So, I guess that answers the question about why there are so many cars that match people's exact order showing in inventory. Inventory cars are actually cars that customers have ordered.
Has this happened to anyone though where a VIN was unassigned? I'd hope not, but wouldn't be surprised.

I will say that config seems to be the most popular, at least among people on this forum, so could just be an inventory Plaid they wanted in Raleigh.

Has this happened to anyone though where a VIN was unassigned? I'd hope not, but wouldn't be surprised.

I will say that config seems to be the most popular, at least among people on this forum, so could just be an inventory Plaid they wanted in Raleigh.
Could be. It appeared at the same time, but that would make sense since they are built in batches.

My build date was Feb 20. Let's hope for a perfect car with new seats. 👍

I just read an article talking to the upcoming 3P and it's new "sport" seats.

Is this what got the community going about new Plaid seats?

Ref: First look at the new and improved Tesla Model 3 Performance
Yeah I found them in the model S service manual about the same time as greentheonly found the UI visualizations of them for the 3. The service page was quickly taken down after my reddit post, assuming an internal page was set for external publishing