Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I sold my 2016 MS, I took it in to have them resolve an issue with MCU2 and they gave me a 2023 MSLR with FSD. I had the car for about 24 hours. FSD was disabled before the car made it back lol. For all of you that are thinking of spending $12,000 on FSD, please please PLEASE go and do a demo drive of a newer MS and experience it for yourself. It does NOT gel with my driving style :D
or at least just try the subscription for a month if your car doesn’t come with the 3 month trial. $12k for such a pitiful experience is crazy.

Even the auto lane change (which is available with plain EAP) doesn’t work well at night. So any temptation I had is now obliterated since a very large portion of my driving is during the nighttime hours.

or at least just try the subscription for a month if your car doesn’t come with the 3 month trial. $12k for such a pitiful experience is crazy.

Even the auto lane change (which is available with plain EAP) doesn’t work well at night. So any temptation I had is now obliterated since a very large portion of my driving is during the nighttime hours.
My 2016 MS with AP1, while it only did signal based lane changes, did it so much smoother and cleaner than EAP. I'm really hoping EAP improves.

Reactions: aerodyne
My 2016 MS with AP1, while it only did signal based lane changes, did it so much smoother and cleaner than EAP. I'm really hoping EAP improves.
I wouldn’t count on any real improvements as long as Tesla is on its vision only obsession.

Honestly if they just let basic autopilot automatically resume after changing lanes manually, that would improve the experience so much.

Reactions: dn325ci and teko
I wouldn’t count on any real improvements as long as Tesla is on its vision only obsession.

Honestly if they just let basic autopilot automatically resume after changing lanes manually, that would improve the experience so much.
I fully agree, and self park and dumb summon would be nice too. However if they did that, few would see the need to pay for EAP or Beta (not gonna say FSD anymore)

Reactions: Grumble
MSLR, red, white interior, 19 inch, yoke
Order date 11/11
Edd Nov to Dec
Edd1 Jan to Feb
Edd2 12/9 to 12/31
Edd3 12/10 to 12/30
Edd4 12/11 to 12/28
Edd5 12/12 to 12/29

12/13 VIN assigned (still year 2023)
12/16 scheduled Delivery/pickup

Sounds like somebody has a recurrence of EDD

Endless Delivery Disorder.

Sadly, once infected, highly contagious, spread through the forums.

Only one cure...

😂

Reactions: krammar81
Before I sold my 2016 MS, I took it in to have them resolve an issue with MCU2 and they gave me a 2023 MSLR with FSD. I had the car for about 24 hours. FSD was disabled before the car made it back lol. For all of you that are thinking of spending $12,000 on FSD, please please PLEASE go and do a demo drive of a newer MS and experience it for yourself. It does NOT gel with my driving style :D
I didn't have that experience owning a '21 Plaid with FSD for two years. I got one warning during that time.

I also think FSD is better than AP and EAP. I think EAP is still built on the old code, so when FSD does highway lane changes, it does a better job. I don't think it's $12k better, though.

Can you share your sequence number from the VIN? Are we at 572xxx or so now? And your build date, if you can get it.
We know the local employees arent always well informed. So, when they told me on December 2nd that Tesla wasn't making any more Model S in December that led me to think that I would be looking at a 2024 delivery. If krammar81 has a build date of December I think that would be the first confirmation that the local advisor was incorrect.

I also think FSD is better than AP and EAP. I think EAP is still built on the old code, so when FSD does highway lane changes, it does a better job. I don't think it's $12k better, though.
I believe I read several months ago that the AP and FSD code had now been merged. I did a month-long FSD test in October (11.4.7) and noticed no underlying operational difference between the two on highways or two-lane, other than the wheel & gaze nags are significantly higher with FSD. I'm expecting the "recall" software update announced yesterday will be the implementation of the FSD nanny approach on basic AP, including FSD's strike/two-week lockout penalty. That's what it is sounding like, anyway.

Reactions: aerodyne
I believe I read several months ago that the AP and FSD code had now been merged. I did a month-long FSD test in October (11.4.7) and noticed no underlying operational difference between the two on highways or two-lane, other than the wheel & gaze nags are significantly higher with FSD. I'm expecting the "recall" software update announced yesterday will be the implementation of the FSD nanny approach on basic AP, including FSD's strike/two-week lockout penalty. That's what it is sounding like, anyway.
Could be. I haven't driven an AP car since about July. I think once they are running the same code, there is very little reason to pay for FSD. The improved highway performance of FSD was all I really appreciated.

Reactions: dn325ci