Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw on Sawyer that the closed the FSD loophole to get car earlier.

Sorry @Hayseed_MS , you forgot to include "BREAKING" in your message.

Is China going to start making S/X? I just saw this article about opening up more orders. How on earth is Tesla going to keep up with more orders if fremont is the only one building them when they can't even deliver them to the US in a reasonable amount of time?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Is China going to start making S/X? I just saw this article about opening up more orders. How on earth is Tesla going to keep up with more orders if fremont is the only one building them when they can't even deliver them to the US in a reasonable amount of time?

There are no plans that I know of at the moment for Shanghai to build S and X, although it may happen longer term.
I believe the answer to your question is likely that S and X at Fremont has almost reached full production. Soon exports will begin. (And as you can see they've already started in limited numbers).

Reactions: DrKleiner
Damn the new hinges aren’t as good apparently. Hopefully it’s just the first batch that’s problematic.

/jk

Glad they did this tbh. A lot more fair to customers and Tesla both.
Me too honestly, while I do think it's similar to P2W in video games and sucks for those who can't afford it. It's definitely nice they're fixing some loop holes.

Won't lie, I added it when I made my order last July. But after using Beta for 4-5 months I removed it few weeks ago cause quite frankly my MSLR is a placeholder until (or if) the cybertruck comes out. While beta is great an all, $10k isn't worth the extra features for a temp car IMHO 🤷‍♂️

There are no plans that I know of at the moment for Shanghai to build S and X, although it may happen longer term.
I believe the answer to your question is likely that S and X at Fremont has almost reached full production. Soon exports will begin. (And as you can see they've already started in limited numbers).
So how do they expect to keep up with demand? I mean the experience of buying a Tesla is ridiculous. There is zero reliable communication. Most X orders are a year ++ behind, most S LR orders take ~9Months. or more in my case...some are over 12 months. It just sucks. Now I may have to wait even longer because they have to ship orders all over the world?

Sorry I'm throwing a bit of a tantrum but I'm sick and tired of waiting. It would be much easier to wait for a year if I knew precisely when my car was going to come. Let's say within a 30-day window. OR heaven forbid they actually went in order of order date and RN.....The method's they use and the lies they advertise at time of order are just incredible.

Yet here I still wait....I guess I'm the sucker..

Sweeet!!!! 380 days though O_O holy...I thought 25p was bad :/ (If I get it Monday that is)

As for the ANC, you didnt hear any bad stuff like some others have reported? Just can't tell a difference?

First, unlike several people posting here, my ANC was selectable with the software loaded at purchase -2022.3.102. If anything it is slightly better with it on. I have 21" wheels.

One post delivery comment I will make is it felt weird today not checking my app every 30 minutes to see if there was a change in EDD or a VIN!

So how do they expect to keep up with demand? I mean the experience of buying a Tesla is ridiculous. There is zero reliable communication. Most X orders are a year ++ behind, most S LR orders take ~9Months. or more in my case...some are over 12 months. It just sucks. Now I may have to wait even longer because they have to ship orders all over the world?

Sorry I'm throwing a bit of a tantrum but I'm sick and tired of waiting. It would be much easier to wait for a year if I knew precisely when my car was going to come. Let's say within a 30-day window. OR heaven forbid they actually went in order of order date and RN.....The method's they use and the lies they advertise at time of order are just incredible.

Yet here I still wait....I guess I'm the sucker..
The issue with Tesla, and most every company atm, is supply chain issues. It's not just a Tesla thing unfortunately, least Tesla "attempts" to give an EDD. Other companies are like "yolo you get it when you get it"

Did you not see the crap Rivian tried to pull? "ah sorry car is more expensive to build atm, so we're raising the price $10-20k even if you already had it ordered"
They tucked their tail and reversed that decision when over HALF their preorders cancelled in like 48 hours. But everyone getting hit hard atm. But they literally tried to raise prices 5figures just because.

One post delivery comment I will make is it felt weird today not checking my app every 30 minutes to see if there was a change in EDD or a VIN!

1648154430775.png

or is it more like this..
1648154557062.png

First, unlike several people posting here, my ANC was selectable with the software loaded at purchase -2022.3.102. If anything it is slightly better with it on. I have 21" wheels.

Cool! :D

And that must be nice 8) I'm still checking once a day to make sure no shenanigans happens before my pickup on Monday xD

The issue with Tesla, and most every company atm, is supply chain issues. It's not just a Tesla thing unfortunately, least Tesla "attempts" to give an EDD. Other companies are like "yolo you get it when you get it"

Did you not see the crap Rivian tried to pull? "ah sorry car is more expensive to build atm, so we're raising the price $10-20k even if you already had it ordered"
They tucked their tail and reversed that decision when over HALF their preorders cancelled in like 48 hours. But everyone getting hit hard atm. But they literally tried to raise prices 5figures just because.
I couldn't have said it better myself!☝️👍😃

Reactions: Alex Philips

I get that there are supply chain issues but it doesn't change the fact that we are being jerked around and lied to. The supply chain issues are not new? it has been going on for what 2+YRS now? When Tesla says they will deliver my order if I placed it today in July 2022. Would you take that bet? LOL. They know more than they are willing to share...I'm simply saying they could do better. ALOT better by their customers. This will bite them in the ass someday. Guaranteed.

I'm even worried after I take delivery some day. If I need a major repair or someone hits me and my car get's demolished. It will be the last Tesla I own.

Ok now this sucks, all of the sudden I’m not seeing the VIN of my car on my tesla app, after i already had one assigned. Anyone ever seen this? Still showing delivery date of March 30-April 5
Seen it at the end of quarters. They probably decided to give it to someone else that can accept a quicker delivery for EOQ. Hope it comes back to you but :eek:

Ok now this sucks, all of the sudden I’m not seeing the VIN of my car on my tesla app, after i already had one assigned. Anyone ever seen this? Still showing delivery date of March 30-April 5

For some of the OG's they can remember my @EightYears like sentiments. I finally had a VIN and it was shortly taken away. Tesla contacted me and told me they were working on a new one and it would happen soon. It did (memory has been blocked) and I do not remember how many days it took to get a second one. Hang in there - it will be worth it.