Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are no existing inventory 2.0 Plaids in your area? There are eleven 2022 Plaids here in the N.E... I do not know if these are 2.0 cars or not..
I check regularly. None that met my configuration. And I figure after waiting so long, I should only go for what I really wanted in the first place. No comprimises! :)

For anyone who has gotten their SC to swap out the Summer tires for All Seasons... what do they do with the Summer tires? I recall reading months ago that they were letting people keep the Summers since Tesla doesn't deal in used tires (I think)...

Main concern is that we're now almost in April and I think I'd rather just hang on to the Summer tires, but would like to have All Seasons for late fall/winter (live in Northern VA, don't think Winter tires are worth it).

I’m a patient guy. But this is now getting a bit silly. See below. Also, this should refute two common statements on this thread:
  1. Old orders are getting old VINs. If that was an absolute, I'd have one by now, don't you think? After 18 months? Or 9 dpending on how you want to frame it.
  2. Tesla will never fulfill pre-price hike orders. Now that makes no sense. The gap is only getting bigger. It's in their best interest to fill them asap. Why they have not is beyond me.
In addition, because I'm so grumpy this morning (and likely not thinking straight), am going to savagely use the ignore button on all members who keep perpetuating the above. I don't care if they have 1 post or 5k. 1 thumbs up or 10k. Two, I will do the same for anyone that posts another
  • EndlessPlaid=Bot=Elon=Sawyer=Mother Mary.
Feel free to reciprocate (ignore). This thread is usually fun, but it's getting very repetitive. I think I'll fade away for a few days and then unignore when I am less testy.

All I can say is I feel for you. Could it be "revenge" for releasing VIN's in the past?

Update on Tesla insurance. The website does say they will insure non Tesla cars, but to call, so I did.

I was told that it depended on the VIN. Only one of the three ICE cars qualified, a hybrid.

Adding a 2022 MS LR is more than double what I'm paying now for the nose cone MS, I can't argue with that.

So far, the Tesla insurance seems easier to deal with than Farmers.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
All I can say is I feel for you. Could it be "revenge" for releasing VIN's in the past?

I was in no position to accept those VINs. They give you a 3 day window and in each case I was traveling in Europe.

I thought for -2 seconds of having my wife accept it. But this is a woman I have bought cars for last 30 years that only test drove one.

She just says, 'whatever you think is best''. Unfortunately, that line only applies to cars. :)

Last edited:
For anyone who has gotten their SC to swap out the Summer tires for All Seasons... what do they do with the Summer tires? I recall reading months ago that they were letting people keep the Summers since Tesla doesn't deal in used tires (I think)...

Main concern is that we're now almost in April and I think I'd rather just hang on to the Summer tires, but would like to have All Seasons for late fall/winter (live in Northern VA, don't think Winter tires are worth it).
Back in September 2021, they let me keep the summers. I didn’t need to ask, they offered. Several other members were able to keep theirs as well. Good luck.

I was in no position to accept those VINs. They give you a 3 day window and in each case I was traveling in Europe.

I thought for -2 seconds of having my wife accept it. But this is a woman I have bought cars for last 30 years that only test drove one.

She just says, 'whatever you think is best''. Unfortunately, that line only applies to cars. :)
If there ever was a definition for being thrown under the bus. Get the couch ready mister, because I'm showing her this.

Back in September 2021, they let me keep the summers. I didn’t need to ask, they offered. Several other members were able to keep theirs as well. Good luck.
Thanks, this is in line with what I've been reading. I'm wondering what the possibility is if them just giving me the all seasons as spares instead of actually installing them...

I’m a patient guy. But this is now getting a bit silly. See below. Also, this should refute two common statements on this thread:
  1. Old orders are getting old VINs. If that was an absolute, I'd have one by now, don't you think? After 18 months? Or 9 dpending on how you want to frame it.
  2. Tesla will never fulfill pre-price hike orders. Now that makes no sense. The gap is only getting bigger. It's in their best interest to fill them asap. Why they have not is beyond me.
In addition, because I'm so grumpy this morning (and likely not thinking straight), am going to savagely use the ignore button on all members who keep perpetuating the above. I don't care if they have 1 post or 5k. 1 thumbs up or 10k. Two, I will do the same for anyone that posts another
  • EndlessPlaid=Bot=Elon=Sawyer=Mother Mary.
Feel free to reciprocate (ignore). This thread is usually fun, but it's getting very repetitive. I think I'll fade away for a few days and then unignore when I am less testy.

@Ohmster Can you add “new hinge talk” to your list. Past getting old and childish.

i had them do it at pickup, so i never got to drive on the summer, nor did i get to keep them. my belief is summer will only last about 10k miles anyway, though i may be wrong on that front.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ordered on 1/3/22, RN1163*

Finally took the delivery of MSLR Yesterday. This is actually my 2nd attempt for picking up. Originally picking up on Monday but found below issues, since I was picking up at Fremont factory, one of the Tesla engineer came out and agree to take the car back to see if they can fix any of these issues:
1. Rear bumper misalignment (mitigated upon 2nd delivery)
2. Tailgate misalignment (OK to live with it)
3. One paint chip on the rocker panel (touched up)
4. Left rear rocker panel gap(picture 3)
5. Rear fender installation problem (picture 1)

4 &5 are not fixable during delivery. I scheduled a service appointment which is on 4/15. Anyone has similar issues like 4 & 5 and get fixed by service center? Wondering if Tesla will say these are "within the spec"
O_O 1/3/22 order and already received your car?

How is that possible?

But wow some of those gaps are nutty....hoping for decent stuff on mine supposed to pick up Monday (7/12/21 order)