Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why any of you are anxious for your Tesla delivery. After all, you should be looking at GM since they "electrified the entire automotive industry", led the way, and "it matters". Not trying to be political because nobody should be saying that phrase. :rolleyes:
Frustrating to see the WH not give any credit to Tesla for everything they've done for transitioning the world to renewable energy. :mad:

Frustrating to see the WH not give any credit to Tesla for everything they've done for transitioning the world to renewable energy. :mad:
Politicking is clearly not Elon’s thing. It’s another area where a little effort could probably make a substantial outwardly difference, similar to having a media or press department.

Serious question: Is it expected that the FSD actually gets BETTER with each update/software push? Or is it expected that some versions will regress/be worse, but long term overall, it gets better.

Seems like the current version (based on numerous videos, reports, etc) seems worse than prior versions. And maybe thats expected in big tech pushes towards the future? (Even though that doesnt align with what the CEO has repeatedly stated)

Serious question: Is it expected that the FSD actually gets BETTER with each update/software push? Or is it expected that some versions will regress/be worse, but long term overall, it gets better.

Seems like the current version (based on numerous videos, reports, etc) seems worse than prior versions. And maybe thats expected in big tech pushes towards the future? (Even though that doesnt align with what the CEO has repeatedly stated)
The current FSD Beta software has me very, very close to dropping out of Beta. It is noticeably and markedly worse in many aspects, including Nav on Autopilot, turn signal operation, obstacle recognition, speed adjustments, and I can go on. I went from the car being able to drive it’s 1-2 interventions in my morning commute, to not even engaging AP until the freeway.

I do believe this is normal for software development in Beta. However, I’m not sure if I want to play the game. I’ll give it another update, possibly two, before I bail.

It is software - there is going to be regressions. Yes, it sucks that it is a bullet (unless you have a LR, you know - two motors and all) moving down the freeway. But that is why they tell you to pay attention. But it will improve over time.

Is it normal to get all these documents right after getting a VIN? It’s interesting that the odometer statement is already filled out at 15 miles. Could the car be at the delivery center? Hmm
I’m in Florida, and I have the same documents in my account for my delivery next week. The car might be at a delivery hub.

MSLR-Red/Black... did you see any?.. today one lady asked me (after chaging to delivery center) if i am available to take delivery today.. i was surprised.. how come it reached so quickly.. are they trying to push a rejected one to me.. upon my asking.. she never responded.. i called help line again.. second time one guy told me my car is still in transit..

I asked this week about the 7 or so, hidden inventory Plaids in the LA area, if they were rejects. "No, they all have less than 50 miles on them"

Based on that response, and the body language, I think the truth is closer to yes, they were rejected...

The current FSD Beta software has me very, very close to dropping out of Beta. It is noticeably and markedly worse in many aspects, including Nav on Autopilot, turn signal operation, obstacle recognition, speed adjustments, and I can go on. I went from the car being able to drive it’s 1-2 interventions in my morning commute, to not even engaging AP until the freeway.

I do believe this is normal for software development in Beta. However, I’m not sure if I want to play the game. I’ll give it another update, possibly two, before I bail.
And this is precisely why I never worked to qualify for the FSD beta. (Of course, my Safety score stays in the 65-75 range because I enjoy driving my car...)

MSLR-Red/Black... did you see any?.. today one lady asked me (after chaging to delivery center) if i am available to take delivery today.. i was surprised.. how come it reached so quickly.. are they trying to push a rejected one to me.. upon my asking.. she never responded.. i called help line again.. second time one guy told me my car is still in transit..
I'm kind of partial to that configuration. 😎
GetAttachmentThumbnail

I would totally expect periodic a) features disappearing; b) diminished performance, from time to time. This is the same team that decided that their years-long strategy of sensor-fusion wasn't working, and they decided to go to vision only. Further, there are defects in the basic UI of the car introduced in 2019 that Tesla still hasn't fixed ... so, from a historical perspective 'yes', its going to periodically get worse.

Beta is trial-and-error. Also anytime that anything is developed, things may digress when something else is improved. Sometimes the consequences are unintended.

I would totally expect periodic a) features disappearing; b) diminished performance, from time to time. This is the same team that decided that their years-long strategy of sensor-fusion wasn't working, and they decided to go to vision only. Further, there are defects in the basic UI of the car introduced in 2019 that Tesla still hasn't fixed ... so, from a historical perspective 'yes', its going to periodically get worse.

I have wondered why my AP1 seems more stable than all the later versions I have driven.

Not an expert, and of course AP1 will not do all the cool stuff, but for highway, does it better. And dumb summon works fine.

I GOT MY VIN!!! Sadly a MF456 BUT I'll take it! This 10 month rollercoaster is almost over. Didn't receive a text, call or email. Whats the best tactic to get them to sschedule it fast?

Well, here in LA, where "camping" is permitted, you might try setting up a tent outside the store with a sign like, "I sold my house to buy a car, and Tesla delayed my delivery. Now I am homeless and carless"