Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD IS the biggest scam of all time, and beta (really pre-alpha) FSD is a total piece of crap! Yeah, I’ve had the beta for two weeks and turned the dangerous, component wearing, POS off over a week ago! Aggregating.

So, how’s that?

Good night, all!

And the rollback to 10.2 last night...

BUT,100000 cars ordered today, and stock up 6%.

I am glad I have leveraged the coming inflation and massive delivery delays with a order...

thanks for the reply, only "comment/correction" I'd make - I ordered in May, and then I think I added FSD june-ish, partly in an attempt to get my car sooner based on the theories at the time of profitability, etc. (and on a lease, it was only $4,500 for the 3 years) - so I HAD the FSD add button, which has since gone away - I can't add nor remove it, unless I use an alternative method (I guess calling the SA).
the PROMISE of FSD is pulling at me, as is the concept of showing off summon. but, the reality - well, i love my benz's active cruise control, and the lane keep....bites. i don't trust it, and it is awful.
I don't know if i'll experience that with FSD.
Buddy with 3 teslas is not ordering FSD on his plaid...
so confused! thanks again!
FSD is a personal preference thing. I didn't have it on my first Tesla. on my second I added it for $3k on top of the $5k for Enhanced Autopilot (which got me Nav on Autopilot when it first released, but nothing else). On my Plaid, I ordered it because A) they moved most of the features out of Enhanced AP into FSD (it was $8k at the time, and $5k EAP + 3k FSD was $8k altogether anyway), and B) because it looks really cool, what's coming up in the future.

I have 2 friends who can't wait for it, and another friend with a Model S who can't stand the thought of it, haha. If you like bleeding edge tech, it's absolutely worth it for the journey. Without purchasing FSD you'll get active lane keeping anyway (that works excellently on the highway), but the FSD package has pretty much all the other features - some of which are great, others still need a little bit of time to finish baking.

Had FSD. Wont order it this time.

When FSD actually does what the CEO has tweeted that it will do? I'll reconsider. But he's proven time and time again, that his word/promises (Robotaxi service will be ready by end of 2019 and will also make Model 3's worth $100k, NYC to LA with no intervention by end of 2019, etc) cant be relied on.

D1A647B4-EACC-45DB-B32B-71033CF11792.jpeg
My delivery appointment in my account has been set on the MSLR to Friday afternoon at 4. I’m going to change it as Happy Hour starts at 4 and coincides with Rush Hour.
The Tesla was built in May, so I’m guessing that one of Elon’s girlfriends has been driving it or it was sitting on the Tesla lot accumulating dust. I’m not inclined to accept it, but I’ll look at it and decide then.

Meanwhile, I’m walking my peacock 🦚 on my lunch hour dreaming of having a Tesla.

I think I'll order FSD when its down to $500. I'll probably have been driving my S LR for 4, maybe 5 years by then. By that time, I'll feel that the car is so awesome and able to cut through traffic like a knife in butter, that I'll use FSD about 1% of the time.
Are you saying you think the FSD price will decrease over time? If so you couldn’t be more wrong. The price will rise significantly the closer it comes to being complete.

Last edited:
Are you saying you think the FSD price will decrease over time? If so you couldn’t be more wrong. The price will rise significantly the closer it comes to being complete.
I'm saying, the price decreases the closer my car gets to the junk heap.

Don't mis-understand the value to me, versus the value to the fleet.

Last edited:
Totally agree with the direct sales approach being better! I'm so happy that Lucid and Rivian are pursuing this method like Tesla.
Nothing against the Mach E itself, but there's nothing like waiting for 20+ weeks for your car to be delivered, and then getting the nasty surprise of a 20k markup:

At least the dealer should not let an eplileptic 3rd grade monkey write the amount on the window.

I'm saying, the price decreases the closer my car gets to the junk heap.

Don't mis-understand the value to me, versus the value to the fleet.
That still doesn’t make sense. You said you would order FSD when the price gets closer to $500. The value to you is irrelevant when you are buying something at a price you don’t control.

Totally agree with the direct sales approach being better! I'm so happy that Lucid and Rivian are pursuing this method like Tesla.
Nothing against the Mach E itself, but there's nothing like waiting for 20+ weeks for your car to be delivered, and then getting the nasty surprise of a 20k markup:

Can you imagine the hit the buyer dumb enough to purchase this car will take? I don't believe the Mach E will hold it's value like teslas do. They are going to start day one $20-30k in the hole. What an absolute waste of money.

View attachment 725540My delivery appointment in my account has been set on the MSLR to Friday afternoon at 4. I’m going to change it as Happy Hour starts at 4 and coincides with Rush Hour.
The Tesla was built in May, so I’m guessing that one of Elon’s girlfriends has been driving it or it was sitting on the Tesla lot accumulating dust. I’m not inclined to accept it, but I’ll look at it and decide then.

Meanwhile, I’m walking my peacock 🦚 on my lunch hour dreaming of having a Tesla.
It may have just been waiting for parts. Some of the parts on early builds are different than the current builds but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Like the trailer controller connector in early builds that gives us easy access to connect 12v devices. That is gone in current builds.

My Plaid was built 6/3 and I took delivery 8/20. When I questioned the long delay they said they released it because someone else did not respond. It turns out that my car had a full car re-paint and my paint is now twice the thickness of normal Tesla paint. I consider that a bonus.

That still doesn’t make sense. You said you would order FSD when the price gets closer to $500. The value to you is irrelevant when you are buying something at a price you don’t control.
Yes, gradations in pricing make no sense now, while each car is new. However, there will be a time, when these cars are falling apart. The very sensors that FSD relies upon, will be failing or reaching end-of-life. A smart CFO would try to mop up the stragglers who don't expect FSD to last much longer, by tailoring the price to the longevity of the car.

Better to have a little of something, than all of nothing -- would be the perception from Tesla CFO. Recall, when the car dies, so does your FSD.

To be clear, this isn't 'rack rate' pricing. This is pricing that changes with the years that the car has (or odometer reading). Really not a lot different than a monthly fee -- except you are now locked-in until the tires fall off.

Yes, gradations in pricing make no sense now, while each car is new. However, there will be a time, when these cars are falling apart. The very sensors that FSD relies upon, will be failing or reaching end-of-life. A smart CFO would try to mop up the stragglers who don't expect FSD to last much longer, by tailoring the price to the longevity of the car.

Better to have a little of something, than all of nothing -- would be the perception from Tesla CFO. Recall, when the car dies, so does your FSD.

To be clear, this isn't 'rack rate' pricing. This is pricing that changes with the years that the car has (or odometer reading). Really not a lot different than a monthly fee -- except you are now locked-in until the tires fall off.
This is what the subscription model is intended to target (as well as other use cases). Not sure how much longer your car is going to last? Just subscribe month-by-month. It allows them to offer this flexibility without having to get bogged down in evaluating probable lifespan of each individual car.

FSD is a personal preference thing. I didn't have it on my first Tesla. on my second I added it for $3k on top of the $5k for Enhanced Autopilot (which got me Nav on Autopilot when it first released, but nothing else). On my Plaid, I ordered it because A) they moved most of the features out of Enhanced AP into FSD (it was $8k at the time, and $5k EAP + 3k FSD was $8k altogether anyway), and B) because it looks really cool, what's coming up in the future.

I have 2 friends who can't wait for it, and another friend with a Model S who can't stand the thought of it, haha. If you like bleeding edge tech, it's absolutely worth it for the journey. Without purchasing FSD you'll get active lane keeping anyway (that works excellently on the highway), but the FSD package has pretty much all the other features - some of which are great, others still need a little bit of time to finish baking.
my FOMO requires me to buy it. it would be even better if it works! and the best part - unless something changes, i'll have to "audition" to get it. that's just crazy! or, would i get the 9.2 or whatever prior version, or is there NO FSD at all until you get the beta?
I'm still amazed at the first FSD death I read about a few years ago, guy playing minecraft and the car hit I think a truck - the Tesla didn't recognize it - I've seen people drive the S550 with a can attached to the steering wheel - and I have to say, that car does NOT keep the lane well at all - and I can't imagine FSD was "that good" 4 or so years ago - even now it still has bumps but it seems vastly improved...okay, just rambling.

View attachment 725540My delivery appointment in my account has been set on the MSLR to Friday afternoon at 4. I’m going to change it as Happy Hour starts at 4 and coincides with Rush Hour.

that may be the BEST photo I've seen on the site.

I would imagine at some point they may bake it into the car and not have it as an option - so maybe add $500 or $1k to a car, and include the FSD like they do autopilot. I don't know the math (or maths, as they say across the pond) but let's say FSD is still $10k, and one out of 10 people buy it (I have no idea) - so Tesla generates $10k out of 10 people. Or they charge 10 people $1k each, and they get the same $10k. Or what if one out of 20 people buy it? they would then come out twice as much ahead if they charged each of the 20 folks $1k each.
As I have no idea of the adoption rate, and if it strains their servers having additional cars adopt, I have no idea of the metrics, but I can easily imagine it just being padded into the price of all new cars - I mean, they all have the hardware anyway, so as far as I can tell it's a flip of a software switch.
Another option - since Tesla just raised the S and X $5k, and the Y and 3 $2k, and nobody blinked, what if they do it again, and this time include FSD.