Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that yours, michiganmodels?
Yes.

Signature Performance
Red
Black Interior
Carbon Fiber
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
19' Wheels (didn't want to rotate wheels for the Michigan Winter).
I was Reservation #249.
My MVPA stated September 2012.

Without repeating what has been said: All things considered (The Signature "Premium," the poor communication, the slight delay, the few outstanding items in my "Due Bill"), I could not be happier with my purchase decision and my Model S. I would not trade my Model S for any other car. And since I charge my Model S from my PV array, I would not trade my Model S for any other form of transportation.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well, I had quite a wild day yesterday. Early afternoon my DS calls to say my car (VIN 542) is ready to be picked up! I had to scramble to get over there, but I wanted the car! I had the opposite experience of Nigel (congrats, btw!!), in that I thought my car was coming next week and no sooner.

Also, I had a very important event to go to last night (Miami Heat opening night game, which included the ring ceremony and raising the banner -- LET'S GO HEAT!!), so I basically just had the DS show me the very basics I needed to get going and charge and such. Thankfully, because of TMC I know 90% of what I needed to be able to use the car. And because Murphy's law exists, i had a major work emergency last night that kept me up until 2 am, so no time to post or take pics or anything. Here's a pic from this morning in my driveway:

View attachment 11184

I have a Performance with black interior and CF. My car has a fairly extensive due bill: rear seats, parcel shelf, rear mats (in beta, I'm told), rear spoiler, paint armor. Perfectly happy to have to wait on those. I also got the cubby, and its excellent. Holds every nicely. Only thing I wish there was is someplace to put loose change (for meters and tolls). Otherwise, I love the interior.

Driving the car is great, as everyone notes. A couple of interesting things for me. Driving at night with the rear camera on, I notice that the second I take my foot off the accelerator and regen starts, the brake lights go on, even at high (coasting) speeds on the highway. I noticed cars behind me getting slightly annoyed, but I didn't mind because it keeps them from tailgating, I guess.

For those who don't like the sun visors, I actually think they're excellent. They worked perfectly late afternoon yesterday,and my DS correctly noted that because of the slope of the windshield it needs to be that short. The mirror is absurd, but I don't ever use it, and my wife likes to use the rear view mirror anyway, so no problem there.

My 10 year old loved the back seat. He also couldn't believe we were able to follow the game on espn.com gamecast (we left a few minutes early) on the touchscreen. The kids are excited to get the rear seats. The touchscreen is overwhelming in a good way, because there's so much cool stuff I don't know where to begin. Compared to other cars (Lexus and MB), the interface is a pleasure and highly intuitive.

I planned on having my outlets installed this weekend (oops!!), so I'm charging on 110 right now, which is a joke unless I can leave it there for a full day, but that should be solved this weekend. Otherwise, I'm very relieved to have the car. I've already had several inquiries from strangers and have happily given the, information. People staring and the car and talking to us disconcerted my son a bit, but I told him to get used to it, at least for the next several months.

I'll try to post more this weekend once work calms down a bit. Have to give Tesla props for stepping up in the past month or so. In the end, my car arrived 4 days after my two week window, which is pretty good, all things considered. I'll probably never get over the Sig premium, but in the end I got what I wanted, which is a fully loaded Model S, and its everything in a car I expected and hoped it would be.

Congratulations!!!! Hopefully I get to see it in the around town and Go Heat!!!!

Vin # 532, Regular Sig # 267 should be delivered this Friday afternoon (Tomorrow) in Bellevue in Washington state! Just confirming the exact time right now, but it should be 2:00pm! Red Performance Sig, 21" grey wheels, Sig White interior, Carbon Fiber decor, all the options except for the paint armor. Don't know what the due bill is yet, will post when I find out tomorrow.

Last edited:
The T-Day clock on Sig 915 has been reset, next launch, er delivery, window is Nov 7 - Nov 21.

I'm starting to wonder if this has any thing to do with Tesla & Space X being run by the same guy.

Oh and why can't I get this song out of my head?
Slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away

The T-Day clock on Sig 915 has been reset, next launch, er delivery, window is Nov 7 - Nov 21.

I'm starting to wonder if this has any thing to do with Tesla & Space X being run by the same guy.

Oh and why can't I get this song out of my head?
Slip slidin' away
Slip slidin' away
You know the nearer your destination
The more you're slip slidin' away

Did they give you a VIN and any indication of where the vehicle is in the production process?

Suggestion:
We should probably find a or construct a name for the "S00430" portion of the "...S00430" VIN. That's the portion most (all?) of us care about.

Put another way, when people ask "what's your VIN" sometimes that can be interpreted as a little invasive compared to just asking for the last 6 characters.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks! What was your original sequence number in that case?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll start saying "What's the last 5 digits of your VIN?" in that case. Should be all I need for the spreadsheet.

Yes I was reservation holder 430 and my vin matches as well. I will take pictures this weekend.

I have to believe that those 15 vehicles will be delivered by Sunday evening ...

I've been noticing very large bursts of deliveries on Saturday, since most people can't make it over to the factory or showrooms on a weekday (although, I'd definitely take a sick day to get my car :) ). I'm anticipating a HUGE number of delivery reports tomorrow. I'll be manning the spreadsheet ;)