Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Crashes into Store Front. Driver Doesn't Blame Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The behavior has changed in 8.0 or will change soon in an incremental update to 8.0.
Previously (and maybe in 8.0) if you had the brake on during an AEB event it wouldn't trigger
What's planned (and maybe in 8.0) is if you have the brake on it will amplify the braking.
From the blog post
  • Automatic braking will now amplify user braking in emergencies
In both versions hitting the throttle disengages AEB.

Interesting development ... will AEB now bring the car to a stop or just reduce the speed by 25mph?

The behavior has changed in 8.0 or will change soon in an incremental update to 8.0.

Previously (and maybe still in 8.0) if you had the brake on during an AEB event it wouldn't trigger
What's planned (and maybe in 8.0) is if you have the brake on it will amplify the braking.

From the blog post
  • Automatic braking will now amplify user braking in emergencies

But that doesn't change the fact that pushing the accelerator will disengage AEB.

Interesting development ... will AEB now bring the car to a stop or just reduce the speed by 25mph?

I did clarify that this behavior did change in 8.0 by looking up this feature in the new manual. I didn't see it mentioned in the release notes so I wasn't sure it was in it.

The manual still says it only reduces the severity of it, but it looks like they deleted everything about the 25mph reduction.

"When a frontal collision is considered unavoidable, Automatic Emergency Braking is designed to apply the brakes to reduce the severity of the impact, even if you are already applying the brakes. "

Last edited:
But that doesn't change the fact that pushing the accelerator will disengage AEB.

That's correct, it remains the same and I hope it stays that way. I'm not entirely comfortable with throttle control AEB ilke what the Subaru EyeSight has.

Edit: Now that I read your response again it's clear you just meant the throttle would disengage the AEB. Sorry about that brain fart.

Last edited: