Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s beta prototype tour: Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool that they let you sit in it - they wouldn't even open the door the last time they brought one through. If some of the seats are missing headrests I wonder just how 'final' the seats are... Would any of you Calgarians heading down to the display mind asking the reps if they know anything about how the test drives announced on the Tesla blog will work for Canadian reservation holders?

Cool that they let you sit in it - they wouldn't even open the door the last time they brought one through. If some of the seats are missing headrests I wonder just how 'final' the seats are... Would any of you Calgarians heading down to the display mind asking the reps if they know anything about how the test drives announced on the Tesla blog will work for Canadian reservation holders?

They asked me if I wanted to come to Toronto for the test drive so they are aware of it. I think the first batch of test drives for Toronto works like the rest, Tesla contacts the people with reservations in reservation number order with their preferred test drive city and close the drives for that city when they have all the spots booked.
I'm not sure if us Canadian owners have any choice or if we will be contacted for Toronto only. I'd likely pick Seattle over Toronto although might hold out for a factory test drive instead.

Model S Canada P172

So went down to chinook with the whole family yesterday afternoon. It was busy as expected but they had 4 staff on hand, some from the Toronto store and some from headquarters. My wife is now fully bought in and was even explaining the car to a few people that just couldn't understand what was so special about the car. Lots of families were there as youd expect in a mall and the kids all seemed to enjoy the frunk and large touch screen.

Few observations about this beta
Fan was working and seemed to move a good amount air both in the from and the back. No a/c or heat of course.
Front and side turn signal are amber but the rear flashed red. However I don't think the rear lights were final as the lights on the lift gate don't work on this beta.
Was told that the ambient light feature is likely to include lights under the door arm rests and in the foot wells, beta did not have them
Steering wheel telescope and tilt was working, seems to tilt up more than down, moves in and out a good distance
Home link is thought to be in the touchscreen, however they were not sure
center console storage option is in the works but no idea of what it is or, timing or costs
Keyless entry will require you to push on the handle to extend it (hopefully this will change in the future), car can auto lock when you walk away
Heated steering wheel and heated rear seats, smaybe ome day in the future
Test drives can be done at any of the locations and if room exists you can go to multiple test drive events.
No details on a prairie service center so should expect ranger service for the first year
Pricing, still coming

Cheers