Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 85 KWH Non-Performance 0 To 60 Test - 4.9 SECONDS!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In any case the reason for my journey was to obtain a weight measurement for you all as well. so here it is.

View attachment 56707

That was about 4 hours and 10$ for you guys! hope it is helpful! Their spec sheet has said 4647 for ever. I had a mostly empty car minus my own weight of about 150 pounds (I am rather skinny) and the mobile connector and some other misc stuff. Car was made in March 2014 VIN 33XXX

Thank you very much for doing this for us. Very kind of you!

Last edited:
Point of correction that I should make, it looks like I actually did manage to get off the scale in time before the guy weighed it, so that is pretty close to the full weight of the car. But from the other thread dealing with the weight, it would seem that the 4647 number was supposed to be based on the base model which in this case should be the 60kW. So even though mine is 4640, that is with the addition of the bigger battery, pano roof, twin chargers, and the other tiny upgrades including the titanium plate which someone said that adds 20lbs.

Clearly they have dropped the weight over time, so that being said, on the topic of 0-60 times, is there an app or some such that will let you easily get a time reading on the car based one speed? Or do I just have to record the dash and count the seconds myself? I have a couple areas around me where I can safely do this I just don't have a good means to get accurate times. At 90% SOC it is very likely to be 4.8 seconds which would be amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much for doing this for us. Very kind of you!

You are quite welcome, hopefully if we can get enough data points we can pin down how much weight they have dropped over time :)

The BMW one you suggested seems to point toward an app called "dynomaster" which seems like it would do what I want it to do, 0-60. 60ft, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile all for around 2$ I think it was... Would be a small price to pay if it is as good as it seems to indicate. Just have to hope the GPS on my phone is good enough to get accurate data.

The other suggestion is far more expensive but 100 times more awesome. It is too bad that I don't actually get to track my car or I would look to get it. Unfortunately there are no public race tracks near me as far as I can tell...

The BMW one you suggested seems to point toward an app called "dynomaster" which seems like it would do what I want it to do, 0-60. 60ft, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile all for around 2$ I think it was... Would be a small price to pay if it is as good as it seems to indicate. Just have to hope the GPS on my phone is good enough to get accurate data.

The other suggestion is far more expensive but 100 times more awesome. It is too bad that I don't actually get to track my car or I would look to get it. Unfortunately there are no public race tracks near me as far as I can tell...

Are you in NoVA? There are a fair number of tracks around here within reasonable driving distance.

Here's a drag strip finder, if you are looking for 1/4 miles:

Dragstrip Finder

If you want actual corners, there's Summit Point (though I've sworn that one off because of deer strikes) and NJ Motorsports Park in south Jersey, which isn't too far. Of course, VIR in Danville is also fairly close, and is a GREAT track.

Are you in NoVA? There are a fair number of tracks around here within reasonable driving distance.

Here's a drag strip finder, if you are looking for 1/4 miles:

Dragstrip Finder

If you want actual corners, there's Summit Point (though I've sworn that one off because of deer strikes) and NJ Motorsports Park in south Jersey, which isn't too far. Of course, VIR in Danville is also fairly close, and is a GREAT track.

Yes, I was referring to an actual track not a drag strip, There is a drag strip in Fredericksburg, VA (or somewhere close to there). I was referring to the app being useful for a race track. I overlooked Summit Point, although given it's location would lose a solid 30 miles on the top and bottom of the battery to get to and from Hagerstown to recharge... although Charles Town is pretty progressive so I wouldn't get totally stranded. Deer Strikes? Why isn't the track fenced off? And New Jersey seems a bit far and I would have to fight DC and Baltimore traffic... I might consider it.

Yes, I was referring to an actual track not a drag strip, There is a drag strip in Fredericksburg, VA (or somewhere close to there). I was referring to the app being useful for a race track. I overlooked Summit Point, although given it's location would lose a solid 30 miles on the top and bottom of the battery to get to and from Hagerstown to recharge... although Charles Town is pretty progressive so I wouldn't get totally stranded. Deer Strikes? Why isn't the track fenced off? And New Jersey seems a bit far and I would have to fight DC and Baltimore traffic... I might consider it.

Traffic is a pain, but NJMP is a nice (set of) tracks with good sight lines and lots of run-off, and it's surprisingly close. Easy weekend trip. There are places to spin, but no real trees to hit.

VIR is the real deal. Super, super fun, and the new Supercharger at South Hill is perfectly placed to get there. It's a more intense experience than either Thunderbolt or Lightning (the two tracks at NJMP), but so worth it.

I'm not sure what charging facilities are available at either place, though...a quick google didn't reveal anything.

Well as long as I leave enough charge to get back to a supercharger I should be fine... How fast do you actually blow through your battery on a track? I forgot that South Hill coming online gives decent access to that track... But that one is definitely a drive haha!

But in any case hopefully this weekend I can give a nice 0-60 run to see what the power is like at 90%

I have an S85, and get more than 320kw in certain conditions. Vin in the mid 6k range. Give me a few days, and I'll try to get a pic or video.

I've seen the gauge on my S85 swing briefly past 320 on occasion...

@scaesare, @qwk - Power output values from the API and the corresponding SOC would be greatly appreciated. In fact, even if it doesn't go beyond 320 I'd still love to see your max motor outputs at any SOC.

Well as long as I leave enough charge to get back to a supercharger I should be fine... How fast do you actually blow through your battery on a track? I forgot that South Hill coming online gives decent access to that track... But that one is definitely a drive haha!

But in any case hopefully this weekend I can give a nice 0-60 run to see what the power is like at 90%

I've never taken the Tesla to the track, but in my Boxster I'd go through a bit more than a full tank of fuel in four 20 min sessions (ie, one day of your typical DE). I'd do about 100 miles in a day, which worked out to about 5 mpg.

I suspect to have any fun at all you'd want to find at least a 50A charger somewhere at the track to get some juice in between sessions. I believe that NJMP has RV parking and VIR may, too, so that might give you a NEMA 14-50, but I know there are some tracks where Roadster owners put in Roadster HPCs.

I mean the track in CA that everyone always uses got so popular that I think Tesla has one of those temporary superchargers they put up there... Mostly because I think Tesla themselves uses that track to test cars a lot but I would think if we could petition Tesla to pick a track or two on the east coast to do the same thing it would be really awesome!

The New Jersey track is in a pretty great middle point for DC and NY... But of course the NC one would be more in the middle of the east coast... I wonder what it would take to convince them to do this?

I any case I think getting and HPWC or two set up at one of the tracks might also work... Just got to get with the track owners to get them on board.