Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I know of 2 spots that still work like it use to.

1. The door pocket lights still extinguish when the driver leaves.
2. The footwell lights still extinguish when the driver leaves.

I have plans for those.

i'm wondering if either of those is powered by the wire in the kick panel people have been using to add a second 12v in the forward console. if so, i may have to expedite my pulling of the console to add the additional outlet...

Strangely enough this hasn't been a problem for me yet. I bought a new 256GB USB flash drive for use with Sentry Mode. After using Sentry Mode every day when parking at work for over 2 weeks now I still have yet to clear out my flash drive and it's still recording fine. I'm probably going to clear out recordings from the flash drive after work today though as I'm pretty sure I'm running low on space by now. I usually park my car in a relatively quiet spot so I doubt it's triggering too many events for it to record.

We definitely need a better way to manage old video files though. If we have to remove the flash drive from the car to plug it into a computer to clear out old files on a regular basis this is not going to be a workable solution.

@PoitNarf,

Why the need to clear it out? Won’t the new recordings just ‘overwrite’ the old ones or will it just stop recording when the drive is full? That was my other question....are the Sentry recordings ‘write Protected’?

Ski

@PoitNarf,

Why the need to clear it out? Won’t the new recordings just ‘overwrite’ the old ones or will it just stop recording when the drive is full? That was my other question....are the Sentry recordings ‘write Protected’?

Ski

At least with the version I was on previously, 2019.5.4, video files in the “saved clips” folder (which stores both clips you save when tapping on the dash cam icon to save an event and clips from any events recorded while Sentry Mode is on) do not clear out automatically. A few people here reported their drives becoming full from too many events being recorded and the files would not automatically get overwritten with newer files. It’s possible Tesla changed how this works in 2019.5.15, I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
i wasn't suggesting using the LED itself as a power source, i was wondering out loud if it's powered from the same source in the kick panel that others have successfully used as an additional outlet power source. see here for details:

Gotcha.

I'm going home to see how that source works now. Hopefully it switches on and off like the center console 12V source used to.

I'll let you know in a few hours.

Reactions: crackers8199
Gotcha.

I'm going home to see how that source works now. Hopefully it switches on and off like the center console 12V source used to.

I'll let you know in a few hours.

based on this reply, it seems there is at least some power source there that will allow for the old mode of operation. still waiting for him to reply to confirm exactly where he tapped that power from.

12v now always on?

Are updates after 2019.5.4 safe? I just got an update notification but I’m reading about you guys having issues with 12V always on and cars not waking up?
Seems safe to me. Just got the update to 2019.5.15. Can't confirm 12v stays on as I'm out of state from my car (but seems as though others have confirmed is stays on). Regarding waking, my car wakes immediately when accessing via the app, used to take from a couple seconds to longer.

Seems safe to me. Just got the update to 2019.5.15. Can't confirm 12v stays on as I'm out of state from my car (but seems as though others have confirmed is stays on). Regarding waking, my car wakes immediately when accessing via the app, used to take from a couple seconds to longer.

Does it immediately load on the app if sentry mode is off? I’ve noticed it loads immediately when sentry mode is active.

Does it immediately load on the app if sentry mode is off? I’ve noticed it loads immediately when sentry mode is active.
I haven't activated Sentry mode since I am out of town. The couple times I've tried it today, remotely, it has woken up immediately (since the update). This morning, before the update it would take 10-20 seconds or longer. Just tried again and it woke up immediately.

Reactions: ChrisH