Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one is different. They will pump this car out as fast as they can. Did you order white seats?
I agree with you. At this point in time, for those who qualify for the tax credit, the Performance is amazing value, and we'll see Long Range orders get cannibalised by Performance orders. Now this could well change in the coming months as the tax credit rules change again, and we potentially see the Long Range being eligible once again. I'd imagine Tesla would want to take advantage of the current demand. If the credit does come back for the Long Range I think demand will soar again.

Edit: The new tax rules are on affect, I think we're waiting for the government to open up the ability for the manufacturers to request their eligible vehicle be added to the list. At least that's my understanding.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Ordered morning of 4/24, original EDD June 2024, morning of 5/7 it got pushed to July 6 - August 17th. White w/black interior. Minneapolis, MN

Attachments

• IMG_6765.jpeg
    IMG_6765.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Informative
First Post!

ordered 8pmPST 4/25
original EDD: "May/June"
current EDD: "May 24 - June 28"
RN121569
Stealth Grey/white int

I've seen some posts about potential needing push out/delay delivery/pick-up depending on out-of-town situations and I am one of them. I have a 2 week vacation already booked for 6/26 through 7/9 so this being my first Tesla, I am not familiar with how I can go about arranging a pick up window of time or requesting a potential push of delivery with the SA even if that's possible. Anybody have any experience with this?

I looked at the fine print on the Order Agreement and under "Delivery;Transfer of Title" it says to take delivery from 3 days of the date that it's available at the service center. It also says "If you do not take delivery within (14) days of our first attempt to notify you, Tesla may cancel your order and keep your order fee"

So then what if they first contact me the week of 6/17 or week of 6/24 to tell me my car is ready on 6/26 or after when I won't be in town. 14 days after 6/17 is 7/1 (or 14 days after 6/24 is 7/8) and I'm not back in town yet. So my order gets cancelled and I lose my deposit? This would suck since I ordered the day before the price increase and a re-purchase of the same configuration would cost me my place in line but more importantly the $250 deposit and an additional $500!

I would be ok in a push-out to however long, even would be ok in booting me out of my place in line if that doesn't cost me the $500 price increase and the $250 deposit. Shoot, I'd be ok with an August. September or even late 2024 delivery! I have another car I'm driving right now so that's not an issue.

Hopefully I'm being paranoid and all of this won't be an issue or knowing how the delivery with the refresh M3 has been these past several months, maybe the delivery window is not accurate and it will most likely be pushed out again to past mid-July? But knowing that end of June is end of quarter I'm sure they'll want to get as many units out by the end of June as possible.

Reactions: arkhos
Ordered morning of 4/24, original EDD June 2024, morning of 5/7 it got pushed to July 6 - August 17th. White w/black interior. Minneapolis, MN
Dang mine was ordered way later and I have white interior so sounds like it may be a while mine still doesn’t show an estimated delivery week. Still at June delivery estimate. But your RN after 1215 is 46 mine is 99. So might be a while before I see anything :(

• Informative
Dang mine was ordered way later and I have white interior so sounds like it may be a while mine still doesn’t show an estimated delivery week. Still at June delivery estimate. But your RN after 1215 is 46 mine is 99. So might be a while before I see anything :(
The EDD update I received was on the morning of 5/4…it sounds like the white interiors are getting most of the delays, even though mine is black. It seems like location is also tied to EDD’s. Does anyone know which Giga’s are producing the M3P’s?